Rumor: EDM, OTT, TOR, LA among interested in LHD Vladislav Gavrikov

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
On the roster itself: better defensive play, and thus to some extent better defensive players.
In the prospect pool: two-way centers, defensive blueliners not named Jiricek (there's candidates but they're a ways out yet).
Puljujarvi + 1st + conditional pick for an extended Gavrikov?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
given most of the teams are right up there with the cap I expect the 3rd team to get involved in many trades this season so it should be fun ;)

P.S. whats going on with Chychrun? I thought he wanted out thats another competition if still true that might bring some of the bids down if there are more LHDs available to move at least for now but after its gonna be crazy asks IMO

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I am not so sure a 1st is required in this trade. Columbus needs players right now more than 1st round draft picks. You have had so 6 picks in the first round the past 3 years. Think you are starting to need some real NHL players to support that young core.

I think the Kings would be heavily interested in a trade for Gavrikov. LD is one of our needs and I really like his game.

I wouldn't even describe it as "players" per se, but this make sense from a Columbus perspective. They need prospects and young players. They're clearly not in a "goof around and tank for years" mode right now. They've invested a huge amount in "star" wingers. If they're dealing key players, they need to be getting guys back who can play now, or at least very soon.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Makes total sense the Leafs blueline has been hit HARD with injury, with Muzzin probably done, certainly done for the season, and Brodie also hurt although that's just an oblique injury.

Thank God for Jordie Benn, and no I'm not joking about that he's been awesome so far, he's generating offense, making game saving defensive plays he's been great.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Puljujarvi + 1st + conditional pick for an extended Gavrikov?
Plausible IMO, although 1) we can't do that now because injuries (wait 'till later in the year) and 2) we can't guarantee an extension; y'all would have to work that out yourselves. If he's willing to extend at a fair rate, we'd much rather keep him, after all.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Durzi/Walker + Conditional 2nd (turns into a first if he re-signs)
Conditional picks based on contract signing are no longer permitted under the CBA.

Otherwise, that'd probably get considered. I don't really think of either Durzi or Walker as being defensive wizards and that's really what we're after, but that doesn't make them valueless; it just makes it harder to evaluate w/r/t whether or not the Jackets are getting what we need.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Plausible IMO, although 1) we can't do that now because injuries (wait 'till later in the year) and 2) we can't guarantee an extension; y'all would have to work that out yourselves. If he's willing to extend at a fair rate, we'd much rather keep him, after all.
I was thinking the conditional would be based on him re-signing but then I remembered you can't do that anymore. Maybe a sign-and-trade if he refuses to stay with CBJ?

As for your comment about not being able to do it now, I would've thought you'd want to get rid of your useful players early to really cement the tank for Bedard.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was thinking the conditional would be based on him re-signing but then I remembered you can't do that anymore. Maybe a sign-and-trade if he refuses to stay with CBJ?
...maybe, but I seriously doubt the likelihood of such a scenario.
As for your comment about not being able to do it now, I would've thought you'd want to get rid of your useful players early to really cement the tank for Bedard.
We're trying not to throw our kids to the wolves.

Reactions: GOilers88

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I am not so sure a 1st is required in this trade. Columbus needs players right now more than 1st round draft picks. You have had so 6 picks in the first round the past 3 years. Think you are starting to need some real NHL players to support that young core.

I think the Kings would be heavily interested in a trade for Gavrikov. LD is one of our needs and I really like his game.

the only ones giving up a 1st are those who appear to be playoff locks who figure to draft 22-32. Any other team will put conditions on a 2nd becoming a 1st.

an issue is many teams have traded their 1st or 2nd in 2923 or if they have both,they have traded past or future high draft picks.

So many people want Byfield even though plenty like to claim what a terrible, overrated bust he is.

Would you consider Kupari if you need a center prospect with value that the Kings may consider parting with?
Giving up a late 2nd for a still young top 10 pick…many teams would do that. The bust talk lowers his pevrived value.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To CBL:
Brannstrom

to LA:
Gavrikov

To OTT:
Roy

adds needed obviously, but I wonder if that would work as a framework.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If Toronto is the one who gets him, that's the most stupidest move Dubas ever do (they need RHD.... Not LHD).

Well, considering Muzzin is out indefinitely, they have a big hole on the 2nd pair LD.

Ideally:
Reilly - Brodie
XXXX - Lilly
Giordano - Sandin/Holl

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Patric Hörnqvist, Lucas Carlsson, Santtu Kinnunen (a very solid 2 way D prospect), a 2nd for Gavrikov (re-signed before or after the trade).

Cap dumps are extremely expensive right kow.

Cap dump in a Gavrikov trade is a must 1st or a damm good prospect+

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
To CBL:
Brannstrom

to LA:
Gavrikov

To OTT:
Roy

adds needed obviously, but I wonder if that would work as a framework.
Roy still has term on the cheap and is the best Dman of the bunch so….. where’s the adds???
Does anyone have a goalie prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad