Rumor: EDM, OTT, TOR, LA among interested in LHD Vladislav Gavrikov

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So many people want Byfield even though plenty like to claim what a terrible, overrated bust he is.

Would you consider Kupari if you need a center prospect with value that the Kings may consider parting with?
I don’t know much about him, but his numbers aren’t very impressive, is he another Jack Roslovic?

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Is there a possibility to get Byfield included in this deal ? Additions from both sides can be discussed, obviously
Not a fan of either team but not Sure if I’d do Byfield for Johnson and Jiricek

Big players take a long time to develop and I’m still confident he becomes a player you build a franchise around.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR not mentioned above, and they might require retention,
but their 3rd LD has been a rotation

Gav, during his last couple KHL seasons, was a teammate of Shesty
last season NYR brought in Braun at TDL and he was a regular during playoffs 2nd/3rd rounds,
... Gav would cost more than JB did

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am not so sure a 1st is required in this trade. Columbus needs players right now more than 1st round draft picks. You have had so 6 picks in the first round the past 3 years. Think you are starting to need some real NHL players to support that young core.
That first sentence is sligthtly self-contradictory considering later sentences. A 1st is required in this trade - if it happens.

* * *​
He‘s kinda a rock.

It all depends on the price ofc but there is def a fit here.

Thomson + Egor Sokolov?
We kind of need defensive D, so I don't think Thomson would work.

Honestly, I don't see how to make this work with Ottawa at all. It's very much a "if we don't get to keep him, we want futures", and that doesn't seem to mesh well with what Ottawa can afford to move.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
To OTT:
Vlad Gavrikov (re-signed, 6yrs x 4.75m)
Gustav Nyqvist

To CLB:
Lassi Thomson/Tomas Hamara
Alex Formenton/Roby Jarventie/Egor Sokolov/Angus Crookshank
Nikita Zaitsev
WSH 2nd 2024
OTT 2nd 2023
Not sure Formenton is tradable until the hockey Canada allegations get settled . He’s been heavily linked /speculated to be involved

Reactions: calder candidate

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
That first sentence is sligthtly self-contradictory considering later sentences. A 1st is required in this trade - if it happens.

* * *​

We kind of need defensive D, so I don't think Thomson would work.

Honestly, I don't see how to make this work with Ottawa at all. It's very much a "if we don't get to keep him, we want futures", and that doesn't seem to mesh well with what Ottawa can afford to move.
Ottawa is very much in the business of moving futures.

Jacob Bernard-Docker is a defensive minded guy that wouldn’t be untouchable in a move like this.

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not sure Formenton is tradable until the hockey Canada allegations get settled . He’s been heavily linked /speculated to be involved
Yeah, I know, but ultimately we don't know what the exact situation is. If he wasn't involved, I highly doubt he'd be available. But yeah, that's why there are options. There MIGHT be one team who would take a flyer on Formenton... I wouldn't, but didn't wanna totally exclude it as an option.

Don’t see the jackets going for that
Just missing that one "A" piece? If so, I can definitely see that being a deal-breaker. I know that was my own "self-critique", which I tried to compensate for by overpaying (imo) for Nyqvist.

Or is it on some other basis?

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ottawa is very much in the business of moving futures.

Jacob Bernard-Docker is a defensive minded guy that wouldn’t be untouchable in a move like this.
The problem is that we're kind of aiming high. Deadline Rental Bidding War style high. So any one prospect (and it would be one, we don't need quantity) we get back would have to be at the level of the sort of guy we'd expect to get with a mid-to-late 1st this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The problem is that we're kind of aiming high. Deadline Rental Bidding War style high. So any one prospect (and it would be one, we don't need quantity) we get back would have to be at the level of the sort of guy we'd expect to get with a mid-to-late 1st this year.
Fair enough then - appreciate the response.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does Columbus have any particular needs at a certain position?
On the roster itself: better defensive play, and thus to some extent better defensive players.
In the prospect pool: two-way centers, defensive blueliners not named Jiricek (there's candidates but they're a ways out yet).

Reactions: majormajor

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Very probably.
I think he could be included, so long as it’s not for a rental/short-term add. Others would disagree, and it would sting to see him go… especially for a non-RHD… but I think this makes sense in enough other ways to justify it.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think he could be included, so long as it’s not for a rental/short-term add. Others would disagree, and it would sting to see him go… especially for a non-RHD… but I think this makes sense in enough other ways to justify it.
Whether or not he's willing to extend with Ottawa would be something Ottawa would have to determine; we kind of have to stick with making sure we get that "A" asset. If it works out, then, hey, good doing business. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad