Waived: [EDM] Oilers waive Alex Chiasson (clears)

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Hopefully this means one of the kids on the taxi squad will get a shot. The veterans are sure not doing anything to keep their spots. Bring up Benson.
I know this isn't a Benson form, but I have loved this kid since his days with the Giants. I'd really like to see him on the Oilers. He reminds me of an Alex Tanguay type player where he was more of a skilled set up winger, not the trigger man. On a line with Drai, I think Benson would shine.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If I had to guess, there was maybe 2-3 Oiler fans that suggested that.

You yourself also stated Bennett would end up better than Drai, even after their D+1 season. Hot takes all around

Do you have proof I said that?

It's been a long time. I could be wrong for maybe the second time

Reactions: GreeningOil

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
In a normal year I would be surprised to see him go unclaimed, but at his salary in Covid times, he’ll almost guaranteed be clearing. He’s a good 4th liner who can slide up the lineup when needed

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I know this isn't a Benson form, but I have loved this kid since his days with the Giants. I'd really like to see him on the Oilers. He reminds me of an Alex Tanguay type player where he was more of a skilled set up winger, not the trigger man. On a line with Drai, I think Benson would shine.

Smart player but when you skate as slow as Gagner.... he's on the Taxi Squad and will play a games this season I'm sure.

As for Chia's Son... he was once good. Kinda snakebit and also very overpaid.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sucks, he seemed well liked in Washington and scored a huge goal in G6 vs Pittsburgh in 2018. That said, he was a healthy scratch during Washington's Cup run and then played in Edmonton's top six and on their PP (if I'm not mistaken) the next season which tells you a lot about Edmonton's depth chart.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sucks, he seemed well liked in Washington and scored a huge goal in G6 vs Pittsburgh in 2018. That said, he was a healthy scratch during Washington's Cup run and then played in Edmonton's top six and on their PP (if I'm not mistaken) the next season which tells you a lot about Edmonton's depth chart.

He went on a shooting percentage and powerplay bender which saw him elevated up the lineup - he shot something ridiculous like 30% from Oct-Dec that year. It crashed down at the end, but because our organization thinks it's the smartest people in any given room, we still gave him a big fat extension.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad