Waived: [EDM] Oilers waive Alex Chiasson (clears)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They did well to only sign him to a two-year contract after a pretty good year. That one could have been an albatross.

Chaisson is a weird guy, never seems to care.

Reactions: TFHockey

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I'll tell you right now I did not want Chiasson re-signed I thought it was a horrible idea... and then of course they resigned him.

PLUG

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Chiasons a decent player, and he'll be back in the lineup soon enough, but with his contract there's zero chance someone's claiming him. So the Oil will risk him vs. someone like Jones or Lagesson, or even Russell (expansion draft requirements)

Not to say Jones and Lagesson are world beaters, but with them both being dirt cheap, there's value to have them on the roster. Plus the Oil don't have much depth behind them, as Broberg and Samorukov are playing in Europe (plus the 2 week quarantine period for guys coming up from AHL).

Meanwhile the Oil have depth forwards for days.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Lol that was at the end of year 1 ranking, when Bennett had a better rookie year. I was wrong but sure were the majority of the people on that thread.

I am pretty sure if you go back far enough, you find oilers fans claiming Pulju was better than tkachuk even when he was not....

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Great for Edmonton fans. Not a fan. We have a few other passengers to move on from too. Hopefully someone claims him but I wouldn’t bet on it.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Has Turris been that bad for you guys to warrant a 4th line role? I haven’t watched as many Oilers games as I’d like but thought he’d be in a good position to succeed.

He’s been brutal. Plays die on his stick. Looks slow and disinterested on the ice even in the offensive zone. Not sure if he’s playing with an undisclosed injury or something but if not he’s got one foot out the door on his NHL career if what he’s shown to date is his new normal.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chia's son has been brutal in his last 25 games. I believe only 1 goal.

3.4 goals in a season. No thanks.

For 2 mill.

All this while getting plenty of PP gravy time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Probably far enough that it wouldnt shock me if he ended up on waivers.
2.5m for a bottom 6 centre?
Crap last year and invisible this year

Only people that don't watch him.

He is overpaid for his point total but as long as he continues to be effective in the playoffs, he is worth every penny and teams will want him.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Do you have proof I said that?

It's been a long time. I could be wrong for maybe the second time

giphy.gif

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
He’s been brutal. Plays die on his stick. Looks slow and disinterested on the ice even in the offensive zone. Not sure if he’s playing with an undisclosed injury or something but if not he’s got one foot out the door on his NHL career if what he’s shown to date is his new normal.
I'm surprised to hear that, I would have thought a change of scenery would have been good for him. It's still early so hopefully he can turn things around.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
As a Sens fan, I can't believe he lasted so long on a NHL roster after he left.

Was a penalty machine, bad speed, very bland player.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Used him wrongly put him on McD's line and he will be productive
He has been, multiple times, he’s that bad that he can’t even produce next to Mcdavid, or tap in pucks one of the top power plays in the league.

I swear if I have to watch him drop to his knees to try to get wood on a cross crease pass again I will lose it.

I just want him claimed so that Tippett and Gulutzan stop spoon feeding him PP minutes despite him earning none of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->