Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers re-sign Tyson Barrie (3 years, $4.5M AAV)

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Took awhile to become official, must have still waited to see if anyone else had interest

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Solid deal I guess.

I wonder if Tyson still has nightmares from turning down the 6m+ longterm offer he probably had on the table from the Avs to play with his BFF MacKinnon...
It was awesome for the Avs that they couldn't agree on a contract but I wonder how much he regrets not taking that.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
About market value, everyone knows his play was inflated due to McDavid. Doesn’t seem like anyone had much interest in him

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
They’d be better off with another, consistent solid defensive D, but if you can’t actually find one Barrie is better than nothing

decent enough deal for a one dimensional defenseman

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He's a one-trick pony so no surprise he sticks around in Edmonton.

Leading the league in scoring by D men is a decent one trick at that price and term.

If he was as good defensively as he is offensively we’d be talking about a perennial Norris candidate pulling in $9m+

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
If Barrie signs and Ceci does as well, Bear is likely gone. Can’t see us keeping him.

I’m in the minority but I like Barrie. Hopefully the AAV is lower than 5M but he brings offence and brought an element we haven’t had in years.

Nurse Barrie
Keith Ceci
LD Bouch

Maybe we target Ryan Murray or a shutdown LD to round out the defence.
You did good there with your crystal ball.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Is there a way to not see tweets from this Twitter user? They're all just war spam

If you have twitter you can block them, maybe that will prevent them from showing up in your browser. Of course he's not the only analyst who posts charts.

Edit: Damn, I accidentally posted another chart. I'm trying to remove it, please bear with me

Reactions: 1989

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Leading the league in scoring by D men is a decent one trick at that price and term.

If he was as good defensively as he is offensively we’d be talking about a perennial Norris candidate pulling in $9m+
What's that old saying? "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle." He led d-men in scoring because Connor McDavid was putting up video game numbers. Despite being the league leader, he received precisely 0 Norris votes.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If you have twitter you can block them, maybe that will prevent them from showing up in your browser. Of course he's not the only analyst who posts charts.

Edit: Damn, I accidentally posted another chart. I'm trying to remove it, please bear with me

I really don't care, just something about that twitter user that rubs me the wrong way

Reactions: TheDoldrums

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Solid deal for the Oilers. Hard to argue with this one. Team friendly term and AVV. Actually surprised. Though he could have gotten more term elsewhere.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad