Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner ($900k retained)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Strome looked like Strome in the NYR-FLA game. Vanilla player who seemed behind the play a little but played a safe game.

Spooner already looks like he can transition the puck up the ice... which our D can't do. And outside of Nuge, McDavid, Draisaitl... our forwards can't either.

Reactions: 780il

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Strome looked like Strome in the NYR-FLA game. Vanilla player who seemed behind the play a little but played a safe game.

Spooner already looks like he can transition the puck up the ice... which our D can't do. And outside of Nuge, McDavid, Draisaitl... our forwards can't either.

What Ryan Spooner forgot how to defend in his own D zone, and Flames scored 2-2, and that`s how I remember Spooner this season for Rangers! :)

Let us see the stats: here it is Ryan Spooner +- (-1) & 2 shots 7:58 ice time.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Congrats, you’ve fallen in love with a terrible fighter and a mediocre hockey player......

Colin-Farrell-facepalm.gif

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Strome 4 hits, 1 blocked shot, 1 takeaway and 60% on the faceoffs

Spooner -2, 3 shots on net, 1 hit, 25% on faceoffs, only 10 minutes of even strength icetime

looking like a win win for both teams :)

Rangers had no use for Spooner, and were not able to get anything other than Strome in return.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Strome is better, even though he's been dry offensively he's a better possession player. not that either are world beaters.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Spooner looks great through the first 2 periods...

Great skater, he can fly.

Defo an upgrade on Strome
Patience....... just wait. You’ll see. Biggest problem will be when he doesn’t get to play center. Usually doesn’t end well.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Strome was meh last game, had like 2-3 good defensive plays but I don’t even think I saw him touch the puck in the offensive zone

tilly123123

Nov 7, 2018
Vancouver
I think it’s. Good trade . Strome has not performed upto his draft position, but he was traded for someone in a similar nhl role and the draft position was compensated with a salary retention .

It’s not the end of the world oilers fans! Storme was garbage ! Edm trades for a competitive nhler !

This trade won’t make or break the situation Edmonton is in rn! Even with who you’ve traded strome for! They’re not game breakers . Give it up, u have spooner now. I would gladly have him on the Canucks and I would have traded Granlund or Baer for..

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
This is a solid trade for both teams.

Spooner is the offensive talent.

Strome is the defense, PKer, faceoff guy.

To me Strome is the perfect 3rd line centerman. Spooner has stretches where he’s a top two lines player but he’s inconsistent.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Like I said (in response to someone commenting on Spooner's quality of life downgrade from NYC-EDM): Edmonton's a lot nicer than wherever he'll end up in Russia next season.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I think this was a meh move for both teams. Nothing surprising going to happen. No break out with the new team.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ryan Strome is most average player in the league.

A modern day Stajan.
Which makes it a win for us IMO. Spooner, when he isn't scoring, is one of the most useless players in the league.

We don't need Strome to come in and be an offensive super star. We need him to come in and play fundamentally sound hockey on our 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad