Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner ($900k retained)

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Can we lock this up already

Why? We Oilers fans are masochists.

.com.google.Chrome.gif

Keep her rolling :sarcasm:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
i rarely make inflammatory statements here,
but i have no sympathy for EO and their Cap Hell

i blame EO for the cycle of aggressive over-payments, and top heavy Cap Hit rosters, which have made the hard Cap situation worse over the last ~10 years

between the Offer Sheets (Vanek, 2007, 7 years, $50 million, ... the first huge OS of the latest era)
and then the big-ticket 2d contracts (Eberle, Hall, RNH were among the first)
the Oilers led the charge to killing bridge contracts, and other trends which have made Cap era more challenging than need be, for both teams, and players ...
If you were smart and paid attention, those second contracts followed the likes of Skinners and such.

Maybe try doing some research next time.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
You're not wrong about the Rangers in general, but most of those players were aquired via trade, not free agency.
Like the trade for Messier that included $15M under the table to Pocklington? Beukeboom for David freaking Shaw was the second half of that cash transaction.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
both are brutal

Doesn't Strome have 12 points in 36 games? -6 and 1 assist in his past 10 games. Sounds very solid
He's used as a bottom player for us. Could his production be better? Sure. But he's been a very solid player in our bottom 6.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
i rarely make inflammatory statements here,
but i have no sympathy for EO and their Cap Hell

i blame EO for the cycle of aggressive over-payments, and top heavy Cap Hit rosters, which have made the hard Cap situation worse over the last ~10 years

between the Offer Sheets (Vanek, 2007, 7 years, $50 million, ... the first huge OS of the latest era)
and then the big-ticket 2d contracts (Eberle, Hall, RNH were among the first)
the Oilers led the charge to killing bridge contracts, and other trends which have made Cap era more challenging than need be, for both teams, and players ...
Well....

If we can't build a good team that beats you. The least we can do is make it harder for you to build a good team that beats us.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
a beautiful assist tonight just not sure how he fits into the Ranger plans when they become competitive again in hopefully 2 years? But obviously still a good trade especially if he has any trade value next season??

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Like the trade for Messier that included $15M under the table to Pocklington? Beukeboom for David freaking Shaw was the second half of that cash transaction.

Cash was a part of trades back then. Same thing happened with Gretz and LA. Bottom line is Graves was the only free agent of the bunch and he was an RFA that signed an offer sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad