Proposal: [EDM/NYI] Jesse Puljujarvi for Josh Ho-Sang

Shane Goudie

Jul 8, 2009
Ho Sang was a project from the start. If Pool Party is traded it will be for a veteran with a couple years left on his contract.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Love the overly dramatic take on JHS comments.

Isles had 5 of their top six spots taken, with the #2C spot up foe grabs.
Lou signed & traded for several bottom six vets,leaving a glut in the bottom 6 and fans saying there was no room on the roster for winger prospects.

JHS told the media what nyi fans have been saying since the summer: the roster was pretty much set even before training camp.
Oh what a horrible attitude:sarcasm:

Yeah and he comes off petulant as ever, because not taking responsibility for his shortcomings and not being able to keep his yap shut have developed into something of a pattern. So much so that I doubt you or anyone else can name another NHLer (and I use that term loosely since it includes Ho-Sang) who's been more consistently loud and unaccountable for his problems.

It's just par for the course with this clown. His act's wearing thin and the novelty's just about worn off him as a prospect. Junior team, WJC team, NHL team, AHL team...doesn't seem like he'll ever get it at this point. Too bad because there's a lot of speed and talent there if the kid could get his head on straight.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah a "might" that Ho-Sang doesn't have at all, which is why I listed it.

The fact that Puljujarvi is a top 5 pick is another mark in his favour, so you're only undermining your own argument there.
MDC, R Strome and G Reinhart all say hi

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah and he comes off petulant as ever, because not taking responsibility for his shortcomings and not being able to keep his yap shut have developed into something of a pattern. So much so that I doubt you or anyone else can name another NHLer (and I use that term loosely since it includes Ho-Sang) who's been more consistently loud and unaccountable for his problems.

It's just par for the course with this clown. His act's wearing thin and the novelty's just about worn off him as a prospect. Junior team, WJC team, NHL team, AHL team...doesn't seem like he'll ever get it at this point. Too bad because there's a lot of speed and talent there if the kid could get his head on straight.
Jason Blake had multiple 30+ goal seasons for the isles.

I could not care less that he was considered to be an arrogant jerk.

I am interested in JHS developing, his defense.

Talk abour fans making a mountain out of a molehill

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yeah a "might" that Ho-Sang doesn't have at all, which is why I listed it.

The fact that Puljujarvi is a top 5 pick is another mark in his favour, so you're only undermining your own argument there.

Yes because being a top pick proved in Nail’s favor to right? The fact that Pool’s been in the league for over 100 gamses and this has been the result is not in his favor.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Asking what needs to be added to Nyquist and Jensen is insulting?

Add Veleno and something else, remove the rental winger and the #7-#8 defenceman.

Or start with a guy like Bertuzzi.

Or if you’re souring on Mantha already let’s start there even if we’re adding. How on earth is he -12 in 13 games? Woof.

70 games of Nyquist and Jensen is not a package worth discussing if you’re after Puljujarvi.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
It's like a 5th thread in 24 hours involving Ho-Sang.

I mean I don't know the guy, but when HF seems to collectively try to trade one same player...it smells, smells not so good.

Bingo. As an avid Ho-Sang realist, until he gets his head screwed on tight he will never be an NHL player. Shame as not kidding when I say he has Patrick Kane like puck-handling skills, but this the state of Ho-Sang right now...

shel-silverstein-the-loser.jpg

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Personally I'm looking for a change in coaches at the AHL level. Brent Thompson has been the Sound Tigers head coach since 2014 and has a terrible record in developing young players or winning AHL hockey games.

With the money we're putting into Trotz, Korn, and other coaches, we need to upgrade on Thompson and bring in someone who can teach Ho-Sang, Bellows, Dal Colle, all the defensemen, and plenty others how to play professional hockey and ripen them for NHL minutes.

BTW - at the moment no way Oilers trade Pulj for Mr. Cry to the Papers. Pulj has a higher ceiling and lower floor.

Reactions: IODCPiper

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And the isles,needing skill and speed,will give a 2nd and B prospect for the struggling Poolparty

Ho-Sang and Puljujarvi are not at all comparable in terms of value... and that’s before you factor in that he’s a nut bar.

This is just as bad as some Habs fans trying to pull Puljujarvi for the corpse of Nikita Scherbak.

Reactions: Seachd

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ho-Sang and Puljujarvi are not even close in terms of value.

Both highly skilled forwards are struggling to stick in the nhl.
There is ZERO indication Lou is shopping JHS.
Has he bashed the organization? No.
Has he demanded a trade? No.
Does he have speed & skill the nyi badly need? Yes.

Isles have 3 top 6 forwards scheduled to become ufas in July. 22 yr old JHS will get another chance on the isles roster.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Both highly skilled forwards are struggling to stick in the nhl.
There is ZERO indication Lou is shopping JHS.
Has he bashed the organization? No.
Has he demanded a trade? No.
Does he have speed & skill the nyi badly need? Yes.

Isles have 3 top 6 forwards scheduled to become ufas in July. 22 yr old JHS will get another chance on the isles roster.

22 year old versus a 20 year old is a MASSIVE difference. There’s zero indication Puljujarvi is being shopped and even if he was the last thing the Oilers want is a project with attitude problems.

I wouldn’t move Tyler Benson for Ho-Sang, never mind Puljujarvi.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
22 year old versus a 20 year old is a MASSIVE difference. There’s zero indication Puljujarvi is being shopped and even if he was the last thing the Oilers want is a project with attitude problems.

I wouldn’t move Tyler Benson for Ho-Sang, never mind Puljujarvi.
Man where have i heard this story before oh the Yak experience.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Man where have i heard this story before oh the Yak experience.

Interesting you mention Yak, as he and JHS have a lot more in common than Yak and Pulju. Both are whiney brats who when they don't get their way complain to the media, either directly or indirectly (Yak through Larionov). No interest in JHS.

Last edited:

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Haha, if Pulju is a bust, i wonder what Ho-Sang is then.

Laughable to claim that they hold similar values.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Interesting you mention Yak, as he and JHS have a lot more in common than Yak and Pulju. Both are whiney brats when they don't get their own way and complain to the media, either directly or indirectly (Yak through Larionov). No interest in JHS.
The common part i was referring to was how Oiler fans were claiming how great Yak was and how valuable he was. Seems like Pulju's trajectory is going down the same path as Yak. Time will tell how it ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad