Proposal: [EDM/NYI] Jesse Puljujarvi for Josh Ho-Sang

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not a bad trade proposal to me. Both look like busts unless they make it on a new team.
Nah. I will stick with the kid who I know can put up pts at the nhl level.

Is he as mature as I would like? No.
Is his defense where I want it to be? No
I will trust in Trotz to develop JHS.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Nah. I will stick with the kid who I know can put up pts at the nhl level.

Is he as mature as I would like? No.
Is his defense where I want it to be? No
I will trust in Trotz to develop JHS.

Fair enough, can't argue with that perspective. That said, I cannot imagine Lou keeping Ho-Sang around. Ho-Sang is the antithesis of a Lou Lamoriello player. In my opinion, he's gonzo.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Fair enough, can't argue with that perspective. That said, I cannot imagine Lou keeping Ho-Sang around. Ho-Sang is the antithesis of a Lou Lamoriello player. In my opinion, he's gonzo.

Maybe. But, Lou has said in interviews how the league is trending toward speed and skill, how that is the type of NYI team he wants to build.

Lee,Eberle and Nelson are all playing in the isles top 6 and all are scheduled to become ufas in July. Lee is the only one the press reports the isles are trying to extend.

Thompson in Bridgeport is quoted saying JHS is working hard.
I do not think the isles cut off their nose to spite their face, trading JHS when they need his speed and skill.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think Edmonton fans are quite happy to keep Puljujarvi in the hopes Edmonton can develop him properly. Most of us feel that means a stint in the minors to work on his overall game. He has the physical tools to be a valuable NHL winger.

Islander fans still value Ho-Sang and what he has the capability to bring to the team. I don't see a trade here.

Last edited:

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Maybe. But, Lou has said in interviews how the league is trending toward speed and skill, how that is the type of NYI team he wants to build.

Lee,Eberle and Nelson are all playing in the isles top 6 and all are scheduled to become ufas in July. Lee is the only one the press reports the isles are trying to extend.

Thompson in Bridgeport is quoted saying JHS is working hard.
I do not think the isles cut off their nose to spite their face, trading JHS when they need his speed and skill.

That's some wishful thinking you got going there. Lou doesn't manage his teams this way. If the player doesn't buy in 100% and drop his "identity for the team", he's a dead man walking. He could be the fastest player in the NHL, it won't matter.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t understand why this is still a thread since it’s a clear and obvious value loss for Edmonton and Islander fans don’t seem to care for it either.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's some wishful thinking you got going there. Lou doesn't manage his teams this way. If the player doesn't buy in 100% and drop his "identity for the team", he's a dead man walking. He could be the fastest player in the NHL, it won't matter.
I am aware of how Lou demands players buy in,be willing to sacrifice personal stats for the good of the team.

I am also awate that on July 1st, three wingers playing in the isles top 6 are ufas. Isles aready lack speed on their nhl roster and both Lou & Trotz have commented on the speed and skill JHS brings.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Could Ho-Sang be a Torts guy? Would they trade Sonny Milano home for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad