Proposal: [EDM/NYI] Jesse Puljujarvi for Josh Ho-Sang

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You prefer to do it by what makes our guy look better. Shocking that the 20-22 year old looks better than the 18-20 year old.

Let’s compare Ryan Strome’s body of work to Kasperi Kapanen’s.

Hate to break it to you, plenty of young guys break into the league and do produce. You using age as an excuse...is more a crutch than anything.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He would also double Pool’s NHL production based on the stats guess you forgot that aspect right. Ho-Sang has produced at a near point per every two games rate.

For the record, he's actually produced at over a point-per-every-two-games rate. This would be relevant if, in two years, Pulujarvi isn't producing at that pace.

As it stands now, it's not relevant because, as I pointed out, at Pulujarvi's current age, Ho-Sang wasn't even playing professional hockey, let alone in the NHL.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Puljujarvi holds far more value than Ho-Sang.

Ho-Sang has also been a terrible teammate to McDavid in the past and I highly doubt McDavid wants him around.

Wasnt there a reported beef between HoSang And Mcdavid?

I could be wrong but it had something to do w. Hazing and other off ice shananigans Hosang tried to pull on Mcdavid

Man ! Hosang is a huge Dbag!!

Actually? I’ve only ever heard them speak highly of each other, and can’t find anything about this

For instance
“Ho-Sang has enlisted the help of his longtime friend, Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid, and Dallas Stars center Tyler Seguin for advice and guidance.
So far, Ho-Sang, the No. 28 pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, has been a sponge.
"I feel comfortable asking [McDavid] questions," Ho-Sang told Sportsnet on Saturday. "I found that when we played together (with the Toronto Marlboros Minor Midget AAA team in 2011-12), we do a lot of things similar. He thinks the same the way I do, but faster, obviously. What he's learned can be beneficial to me.”

Connor McDavid guiding Islanders forward prospect

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hate to break it to you, plenty of young guys break into the league and do produce. You using age as an excuse...is more a crutch than anything.

Kasperi Kapanen body of work: 20 points in 67 games, .298 PPG

Josh Ho-Sang body of work: 22 points in 43 games, .511 PPG

Ryan Strome body of work: 160 points in 351 games, .455 PPG

So using your logic, Strome is the more valuable player than Kapanen, right? And Kapanen is by far the worst asset of the three? Can’t use AHL stats since you didn’t with Ho-Sang, and age is just a crutch / excuse.

Ho Sang is not in the NHL for signficant reasons unrelated to production.

Reactions: thadd

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Kasperi Kapanen body of work: 20 points in 67 games, .298 PPG

Josh Ho-Sang body of work: 22 points in 43 games, .511 PPG

Ryan Strome body of work: 160 points in 351 games, .455 PPG

So using your logic, Strome is the more valuable player than Kapanen, right? And Kapanen is by far the worst asset of the three? Can’t use AHL stats since you didn’t with Ho-Sang, and age is just a crutch / excuse.

Ho Sang is not in the NHL for signficant reasons unrelated to production.

So you want to illustrate your point by comparing guys in Strome and Kapanen who are at the opposite sides of the spectrum. Strome has played pretty much four more seasons worth then Kapanen and had one good year, Kapanen finally gets a legit shot this year at top 9 minutes and is producing and is on pace to smoke Strome’s best season. Do you see the difference between Pool and Ho Sang? Pool has been given much more opportunties and has done little while Ho Sang has reasonably produced but his attitude gets him in trouble.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
For the record, he's actually produced at over a point-per-every-two-games rate. This would be relevant if, in two years, Pulujarvi isn't producing at that pace.

As it stands now, it's not relevant because, as I pointed out, at Pulujarvi's current age, Ho-Sang wasn't even playing professional hockey, let alone in the NHL.

Development isn’t linear though, in all honesty, I think the Oilers rushed yet another kid and ruined him. Will see if time proves me wrong or maybe a change in coaching/scenery.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So you want to illustrate your point by comparing guys in Strome and Kapanen who are at the opposite sides of the spectrum. Strome has played pretty much four more seasons worth then Kapanen and had one good year, Kapanen finally gets a legit shot this year at top 9 minutes and is producing and is on pace to smoke Strome’s best season. Do you see the difference between Pool and Ho Sang? Pool has been given much more opportunties and has done little while Ho Sang has reasonably produced but his attitude gets him in trouble.

Huh, so playing talented players with talented players is the way to go huh.

Youre looking at ‘well he’s played a bunch of games’ but aren’t looking at usage or linemates at all. He’s put up strong fancies when he’s actually played with good players. Stick him with 0 goals Strome and 2 goals in 60 games Lucic and... well.

Either way we’re comparing a 20 year old and a 22 year old. That’s an eternity developmentally.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Huh, so playing talented players with talented players is the way to go huh.

Youre looking at ‘well he’s played a bunch of games’ but aren’t looking at usage or linemates at all. He’s put up strong fancies when he’s actually played with good players. Stick him with 0 goals Strome and 2 goals in 60 games Lucic and... well.

Either way we’re comparing a 20 year old and a 22 year old. That’s an eternity developmentally.

Well you are more likely to produce more points playing in a top 6 role than you are on the 4th line lol that’s just a given fact. Kapanen has finally been given that opportunity and is breaking out. Are you saying Pool hasn’t been given that opportunity? Have they not put him in that role besides this year where he’s been stuck on the 4th line or the press box.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well you are more likely to produce more points playing in a top 6 role than you are on the 4th line lol that’s just a given fact. Kapanen has finally been given that opportunity and is breaking out. Are yoy saying Pool hasn’t been given that opportunity? Have they not put him in that role besides this year where he’s been stuck on the 4th line or the press box.

Pretty much, yup. He got a few games with Drai before he got going but mostly with Lucic and Strome. Rieder/Drai/Chiasson have been pretty good together but everyone and their grandma is getting a shot with RNH/McDavid with Rattie hurt... except JP.

When Puljujarvi has been with McDavid career to date, they’ve put up 68.8% goal share and 55% Corsi. That’s higher than any other player than Ryan Nugent Hopkins, including Draisaitl (58%, 54%)

But because McLellan plays favourites, Yamamoto has been getting that spot lately (57% goals, 58% shots) now replaced by Drake Caggiula, maybe the only man in the NHL that’s made McDavid look average (50% goals, 43% shots)

We need cheap wingers that can keep up, and produce with, McDavid. We have one that’s done that, is cheap, was drafted highly, and is a great skater... but we refuse to use him. It makes no sense.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Ho-Sang was also third line when he put up those points. I don't he ever played one shift with JT...except for the times he stayed on the ice and the coach was yelling at him to get off. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and since then, he was never called up again.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I've got a better idea.
Edmonton gets Yakupov back and offers Yakupov + 3rd rounder for Josh Ho-Sang.
Is that closer to fair value? 3rd and a 5th? Change the 3rd and a 5th to a 2nd? Somewhere in there sounds about right.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Ho-Sang was also third line when he put up those points. I don't he ever played one shift with JT...except for the times he stayed on the ice and the coach was yelling at him to get off. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and since then, he was never called up again.

LOL That's what Yakupov did when we had that hack of a coach named Eakins.
One time he stayed on for 60 seconds more than he was supposed to.
Made for some great TV.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If we were to trade Pulju, it would be in a package for a more established player like Toffoli (just as an example). Not for some problem child, and whiner when he doesn't get his way, who's even more of a wild card then JP. Makes no sense, and we'd likely just be burning an asset. The risk is too high.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57special

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He's also 2 years younger, might be able to carve out an NHL career even if he isn't used in a scoring role, and doesn't have the worst attitude of any prospect in the league.

Love the overly dramatic take on JHS comments.

Isles had 5 of their top six spots taken, with the #2C spot up foe grabs.
Lou signed & traded for several bottom six vets,leaving a glut in the bottom 6 and fans saying there was no room on the roster for winger prospects.

JHS told the media what nyi fans have been saying since the summer: the roster was pretty much set even before training camp.
Oh what a horrible attitude:sarcasm:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Key word is might and your also comparing a late first rounder to a top 5 pick

Yeah a "might" that Ho-Sang doesn't have at all, which is why I listed it.

The fact that Puljujarvi is a top 5 pick is another mark in his favour, so you're only undermining your own argument there.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I also don't think McDavid and Ho-Sang particularly like each other due to their Marlies season together and stuff at the U-17 challenge in 2012. They also only really played one season together, as Ho-Sang also played a year up with guys like Nick Ritchie and Jordan Subban. Pretty sure the guy McDavid was good friends with from the Marlies was Sam Bennett, who also played YSE with him.
What happened between them?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1