Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Corey Perry signs with the Oilers (1 year, $775k + performance bonuses)

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He survived Montreal. If he get through, he'll be fine in any fishbowl.
So we're just going to pretend the MASSIVE controversy didn't happen in between then and now? That's my point, for a guy signing to play a bottom six role the media is pretty much a non-factor, but when you add in a story that was literally getting scooped up by TMZ it's a bit different...

Reactions: Larmer83

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
you talking about that win streak
cool good for them. playoffs is different. Id take Avs canucks vegas in 7 game series unless they upgrade their defense and goalie. its even a toss up vs jets and dallas
I actually agree with he main argument you are making but we have had playoff success recently... a lot more than the Nuck and Jets and about even with Stars. Avs and Vegas deserve all the bragging rights but your other 3 teams are based on regular season success and not playoff success. You can't have both. So I agree that, based on playoff success, that Avs and Knights are more likely to win. I don't see the Nucks anywhere on this list (only 21 teams made it) and Jets have 1 win (not series but game).

Here are the last 3 playoff seasons. We are 6th.

1705860982714.png

So yes, Avs and Knights are proven playoff warriors that deserve all the respect in the world for recent playoff performance. Both handed us our asses in playoff rounds (and then won the Cup)

So yes, it is stupid to use a regular season winning streak to prove we will win in the playoffs.

However, what playoff stats are you using to prop Dallas, Nucks and Jets ahead of us? You have to be using the same regular season stats that have our winning streak, no?

Apr 29, 2017
Perry is well rested for the cup run. I’ve always had a dislike for him, but respected his abilities. Going back a long time ago I thought he was the best player on the 2010 Olympic team. He’s a nice addition.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
You should feel very happy about this. He's an outstanding addition to your roster and he does something that nobody else on your team does, so he's someone that undoubtably makes the Oilers more difficult to play against.

Maybe they tried, and failed, but it's frankly astonishing to me that the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't go out and get him. Their locker room, and their lineup, desperately needs a player like him.
People often forget the player needs to sign the contract too, it's not just the team who has to show interest

Perry is clearly ring hunting and feels Edmonton is a good choice for it, I'd pick them over Toronto right now too

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00