Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Corey Perry signs with the Oilers (1 year, $775k + performance bonuses)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
good depth but like the leafs, all offense and still avg defense and goalie.
We seen it yr after yr. Until they significantly upgrade, its likely a 1st rd exit for oilers vs Avs, canucks, or vegas
The Canucks have won one playoff series in like 10 years. If they want to continue getting outshot and outplayed for significant portions of games, we will see if Demko can hold. Avs and Dallas truly scare me.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
you talking about that win streak
cool good for them. playoffs is different. Id take Avs canucks vegas in 7 game series unless they upgrade their defense and goalie. its even a toss up vs jets and dallas
I am talking about the last 2 months of the season where they are top 5 in GA/G. Tops in shot supression and least HDC given up. You know anything related to D...lol

Are you talking about the first 12 games under a different coach because it suits your narrative?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure how I feel about this since I hate Perry with a passion but he would be a great addition to the bottom 6

You should feel very happy about this. He's an outstanding addition to your roster and he does something that nobody else on your team does, so he's someone that undoubtably makes the Oilers more difficult to play against.

Maybe they tried, and failed, but it's frankly astonishing to me that the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't go out and get him. Their locker room, and their lineup, desperately needs a player like him.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
I am talking about the last 2 months of the season where they are top 5 in GA/G. Tops in shot supression and least HDC given up. You know anything related to D...lol

Are you talking about the first 12 games under a different coach because it suits your narrative?
cool good for them. thats still a no they aint beating teams I mentioned in 7 game series with that defense and goalie in the playoffs

But you seem to just like regular season stats. Wait til playoffs if they dont upgrade significantly

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
you talking about that win streak
cool good for them. playoffs is different. Id take Avs canucks vegas in 7 game series unless they upgrade their defense and goalie. its even a toss up vs jets and dallas
They upgraded their system which is often better than upgrading the individuals. And this was a free add with no assets loss. Oilers will still upgrade some more.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You should feel very happy about this. He's an outstanding addition to your roster and he does something that nobody else on your team does, so he's someone that undoubtably makes the Oilers more difficult to play against.

Maybe they tried, and failed, but it's frankly astonishing to me that the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't go out and get him. Their locker room, and their lineup, desperately needs a player like him.
I think Toronto was one of the reported final teams, them spiraling down while Edmonton is winning is probably a factor

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
They upgraded their system which is often better than upgrading the individuals. And this was a free add with no assets loss. Oilers will still upgrade some more.
If they do significant upgrade, then great I will take them as serious contenders. If they stand pat, then no they wont go all the way

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Great pickup if used correctly could be a big addition down the stretch. I'm not a huge fan of his game BUT all the guy does is WIN. The dressing room has to be the right fit, not sure the Leafs and him would have worked out well?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I am honestly kind of surprised that he has even considered the media circuses in Toronto or Edmonton, I thought he'd go Dallas or Florida where he faces 1/10th of the reporters

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Who comes out though? Again, I love the forward group... I don't want to see any combo of Gagner, Ryan or Janmark eating nachos. Even Brown is great at the PK and has a role.

Although the team's pretty healthy at the moment, we all know that can change in a minute,

As much as I love Samwise and want to see Lavoie get a proper shot, Perry is an upgrade on those two. He'd also be the 2nd best net front presence they have, and gives some insurance if something happens to Hyman.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Drai - Foegele
Janmark - McLeod - Perry
Gagner - Holloway - Brown/Ryan

slick

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway