Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] TRADE: Liam Coughlin for Anders Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Pretty strange, the AHL is full with Brossoit and Laurikainen. It'd be interesting if this was to replace Scrivens.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Pretty strange, the AHL is full with Brossoit and Laurikainen. It'd be interesting if this was to replace Scrivens.

That's my thought as well. Nilsson does have some NHL experience, and it sounds like he has no interest in playing in the AHL. This could be a move to add an NHL backup so that Laurikainen and Brossoit get games in the minors, and the end of Scrivens' days in Edmonton.

Of course, his NHL numbers haven't been any better than Scrivens', and while he had two excellent years in the KHL, he's been hit and miss even in the AHL.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's my thought as well. Nilsson does have some NHL experience, and it sounds like he has no interest in playing in the AHL. This could be a move to add an NHL backup so that Laurikainen and Brossoit get games in the minors, and the end of Scrivens' days in Edmonton.

Of course, his NHL numbers haven't been any better than Scrivens', and while he had two excellent years in the KHL, he's been hit and miss even in the AHL.

I will say this, if there is a move in place to rid Scrivens from this team then it's really a no brainer. We got younger and probably save a mil or so.

That and it's a complete fresh start for a team that seems to have had no confidence in any goalie as of late

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 45s46 seconds ago
Anders Nilsson wanted to return to North America, but did not want to play in the AHL (which is why he left for KHL in the first place).

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maybe they are moving out Scrivens and want him as a back up?

I mean it wouldn't be great but...eh.

Or they could do a 3 goalie revolving door in Bakersfield

Maybe they're willing to give him a one-way deal and have him in the Bachman role.....or not.

Obviously Coughlin wasn't a valued piece in the organization. Nilsson gets a kick at the can in training camp and if he fails, boom, back to Russia.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm praying he can be our Ramo.

His numbers in the KHL are very impressive.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Excellent KHL numbers...probably competition for Scrivens in training camp. I like this move

McDeathbyCheerios*

His ahl numbers weren't great..that being said..Bridgeport wasn't a great ahl team

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He wouldn't come to the Oilers for an AHL tryout spot.

I wonder if he comes gets a shot at camp if he loses to Scrivens he goes back to the KHL. Be interesting to see what happens here as we seem to have one too many guys now.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
dude is big

Anders Nilsson
Goalie -- shoots R
Born Mar 19 1990 -- Lulea, Sweden
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.05 -- Weight 220 [196 cm/100 kg]

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Great trade, but odd?

Only team I can see taking Scrivens on is Boston at 50%. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad