Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] TRADE: Liam Coughlin for Anders Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Great BCHL Purge?

I don't know what to do with my hands, this trade is so meh. Pockets? Crossed? Flat, on top of my desk. Boundless options!

C- grade prospect for a KHL goaltender. Yay?

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Love it. Nilsson had a great season in the KHL and he's done well for the NT too. He's been waiting for a NHL deal this summer, I'm guessing Oilers going to sign him soon.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Anders Nilsson had an elite season in the KHL this past season. How long do we keep his rights for?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Moved away a nothing player for a pretty average goalie prospect. I like.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Well, a .935 save %age is pretty great, even in the KHL.

Interesting move when they already have Brossoit and R2-Eetu, unless he's going to be in the ECHL.

Edit: I guess he went to the KHL because he had already spent 3 years in the AHL. This is strange.

SchultzSquared*

Nilsson has reportedly been seeking a return from the KHL. However, between Brossoit and Laurikainen, the farm is well-tended. Is this a cheapo Scrivens replacement?

I suppose "worst case" for Nilsson is that he goes all the way to the end of pre-season having had some cracks against semi-NHL competition; even if he can't unseat Big Ben, his resume is that much sturdier and the return for him would be more than a Liam Coughlin.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
hopefully if he outplays Scrivens at camp its not because Scribbles was awful. It is good to have competition for the two NHL goalie spots - I doubt Laurikainen and Broissoit are ready but if they give Chia some pause then its great for the organization.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
From the end of May
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/31/report-anders-nilsson-could-return-to-the-nhl/

In 38 regular season KHL games, Nilsson posted a 20-9-8 record to go along with a 1.71 G.A.A. and a .936 save percentage.

The 25-year-old left the Islanders following the 2013-14 season after New York refused to meet his demands of a one-year contract.

Nilsson was not interested in spending another year in the American Hockey League.

“I have done for three years in the AHL and I do not think it would be good for my development to play a fourth year in the AHL,†Nilsson in April 2014. “That’s what I’ve said to them, since we have not started to go into contract negotiations.â€

Nilsson appeared in 23 games for the Islanders over two seasons posting a 9-9-2 record to go along with a 3.05 G.A.A. and a .898 percentage.

I doubt he's willing to play in the AHL, I think he's camp competition for Scrivens.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Well, a .935 save %age is pretty great, even in the KHL.

Interesting move when they already have Brossoit and R2-Eetu, unless he's going to be in the ECHL.

Edit: I guess he went to the KHL because he had already spent 3 years in the AHL. This is strange.
Maybe they are moving out Scrivens and want him as a back up?

I mean it wouldn't be great but...eh.

Or they could do a 3 goalie revolving door in Bakersfield

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In all seriousness, not a bad pickup if he gets signed.

Starting goalie for the Gagarin Cup runner-up.

2014-15 Kazan Ak-Bars KHL 38gp 1.71gaa 20-9-8 .936sv%
Playoffs Kazan Ak-Bars KHL 20gp 1.54gaa 13-7-0 .935sv%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad