Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] TRADE: Liam Coughlin for Anders Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zihuatanejo

Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
TSN showed the Oilers preseason highlights before the Leafs.

The McDavid hype is crazy to topple that pecking order!

Oops wrong thread. Carry on lol

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We will regret getting rid of Coughlin, he is set to be a point game player in the BCHL as an over over ager.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
We will regret getting rid of Coughlin, he is set to be a point game player in the BCHL as an over over ager.

lol hes actually a decent project going to vermont i beleive this year. trading him for nilsson is great but the pick wasnt actually as bad as people here make it

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
TSN showed the Oilers preseason highlights before the Leafs.

The McDavid hype is crazy to topple that pecking order!

Oops wrong thread. Carry on lol

Staying in my hotel are bunch of Canadians. We spent about 20 minutes talking last night and there was one thing we agreed upon. The best thing about the oilers getting mcjesus it pissed off leafs and the leaf media. Love watching the youtube videos of the TO media being in shock right after the lotto

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

You're right. We're going to take it so, so hard on this one.

It's gonna sting, boys. Another Seguin. Just a late bloomer. You'll see. Very late bloomer. Just you watch. Might take 15 years... Be patient. Gonna be some pain, that's all I'm sayin' here.

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
Islander fan here. Has Nilsson impressed Chiarelli enough that he makes the Oilers? Looks like he's got his confidence after his KHL season last year. I know he has said that he'll go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the Oilers so would Chia carry 3 goalies into the season? Are they confident with Talbot as the #1?

I'd personally carry 3 and let them battle it out but I don't know the Oilers roster situation.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Islander fan here. Has Nilsson impressed Chiarelli enough that he makes the Oilers? Looks like he's got his confidence after his KHL season last year. I know he has said that he'll go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the Oilers so would Chia carry 3 goalies into the season? Are they confident with Talbot as the #1?

I'd personally carry 3 and let them battle it out but I don't know the Oilers roster situation.

I think it will be the last decision made in camp, he has been very good.

I would personally keep Nilsson as the backup and send down Scrivens. There is no bad outcome to that

-Scrivens gets claimed on waivers
- Allows the kids in Bakersfield to get the ice time needed
- Gives Nillson and Talbot a chance to show what they have

-Scrivens clears waivers and goes to AHL
- Gives a backup to with NHL experience in case Nilsson or Talbot get hurt or falter.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

I would personally keep Nilsson as the backup and send down Scrivens. There is no bad outcome to that

- Gives a backup to with NHL experience in case Nilsson or Talbot get hurt or falter.

Would Scrivens not be eligible for recall waivers though, thus possibly leaving the Oilers on the hook for part of his contract if claimed? I could be way out to lunch but I seem to remember such a thing...

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would Scrivens not be eligible for recall waivers though, thus possibly leaving the Oilers on the hook for part of his contract if claimed? I could be way out to lunch but I seem to remember such a thing...

IIRC, he wouldn't be subject to waivers on the way back up if it was due to injury replacement, but would have to clear on the way back down. I think you're out to lunch on the Oil picking up part of the contract if he's claimed.

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise

Waivers, huh? I thought the Oilers valued Scrivens more than that. I'll be rooting for Nilsson. he didn't play in front of much of a defense with us sort of like what Scrivens went thru last year with you guys.It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Waivers, huh? I thought the Oilers valued Scrivens more than that. I'll be rooting for Nilsson. he didn't play in front of much of a defense with us sort of like what Scrivens went thru last year with you guys.It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

If he gets outplayed and loses his job then waivers is the only option. Time for this team to start rewarding players who earn jobs

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

MacTavish values Scrivens very highly and he isn't in charge anymore.

It'll be interesting what happens. I'd keep Nilsson. Hrs younger, bigger and has looked really comfortable. Scrivens is playing well in preseason, but he still looks like Ben Scrivens. He doesn't always look comfortable in the net.

Hell, I think Nilsson has looked better than Talbot so far. Maybe we see a Russell Wilson type situation.

Talbot = Matt Flynn
Scrivens = Tavaris Jackson
Nilsson = Russell Wilson

That would be nice haha

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
MacTavish values Scrivens very highly and he isn't in charge anymore.

It'll be interesting what happens. I'd keep Nilsson. Hrs younger, bigger and has looked really comfortable. Scrivens is playing well in preseason, but he still looks like Ben Scrivens. He doesn't always look comfortable in the net.

Hell, I think Nilsson has looked better than Talbot so far. Maybe we see a Russell Wilson type situation.

Talbot = Matt Flynn
Scrivens = Tavaris Jackson
Nilsson = Russell Wilson

That would be nice haha

Nah Talbot is more a Rodgers type guy. Bides his time behind an all time great, then gets his chance to start and becomes an all time great himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany