Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] TRADE: Liam Coughlin for Anders Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilBuoy

Sep 8, 2006
Vasilevski and Gibson are still on their entry level contracts which can't be more than 925k. I guarantee they'll be making more than 1 million on their next contracts.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Vasilevski and Gibson are still on their entry level contracts which can't be more than 925k. I guarantee they'll be making more than 1 million on their next contracts.
That and getting Gibson or Vasilevski would cost much more then we used for Nilsson.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nilsson was signed to push Scrivens to give a **** and if Scrivens sucks in camp then we'll we got a guy to replace him.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
After hearing from Rich Winter that Nilsson started using the same "head trajectory" technique that Dubnyk learnt to improve his game I'm starting to get really excited about this guy. His numbers support this as after he learnt this technique his performance was outstanding. He's at the age where goalies peak too and at a good size. Also goo to hear he had better numbers than Ramo did in KHL. He's huge and has huge potential and we obtained him for a terrible draft pick. Wow this Chia guy is something else.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Keep in mind Rich Winter probably has nicer things to say about Nilsson than his own parents do. Of course he's going to play up his client.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I'm not sold on Talbot, I would so much rather go into this season with 3 "up and comer" goalie options than only two, like last season. I would like to give Scrivens another chance, but this way there's competition even for a spot on the big team, let alone as starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Keep in mind McLellan had front row seats on Scrivens 59 save performance for the Oilers 3-0 shutout win.

I think Nilsson can make the Oilers, at least Oilers have decent depth in net today or sooner than later.

Also perhaps one goalie may become a valuable trade chip at the deadline if necessary.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Talbot easily makes the team. Nilsson was bought in to light a fire under Scrivens. Scrivens will be motivated by his poor season and beat out Nilsson and go back to his career average numbers. Nilsson will go back to Europe once he's placed on waivers.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My guess is it's not a 3 way battle. Talbot is likely a lock, and then the other 2 compete for the other spot, regardless of if both outperform Talbot

Agreed, Talbot is here regardless. It's down to Scrivens and Nilsson for the other spot. Also Scrivens single game performance against SJ means jack in the scheme of things just like Gagner's 8 point game. Incredible individual performances on a single night don't earn roster spots.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Talbot easily makes the team. Nilsson was bought in to light a fire under Scrivens. Scrivens will be motivated by his poor season and beat out Nilsson and go back to his career average numbers. Nilsson will go back to Europe once he's placed on waivers.

i'd bet on Nilsson in the long run over Scrivens, However i could see them both looking good and Scrivens gets the spot by default.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Keep in mind McLellan had front row seats on Scrivens 59 save performance for the Oilers 3-0 shutout win.

I think Nilsson can make the Oilers, at least Oilers have decent depth in net today or sooner than later.

Also perhaps one goalie may become a valuable trade chip at the deadline if necessary.

I can't imagine McLellan putting that much weight into one game that was a year and a half ago.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

That's nice. Most of us on this forum watched that game, and I think we can all see past it and realize Scrivens has been below-average ever since. Do you think McLellan is dumber than HFBoards posters?

Oh the season can't come quick enough. End this tourture.

To add to the topic, I have little faith in Nilsson being a quality NHL goaltender on a team where he'll be tested as much as he will be here. I hope, for the better of the team, that Scrivens just shows up to play and can be average in net for us.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I can't help but get excited over these gamble type players. I'm reminded of Fasth, Barker, and Belov. Maybe getting these type of players is the smart thing to do, and you just got to keep rolling those dice until you get lucky. Like Belov, Nilsson was a top tier player in the KHL. Some say he never got a truly fair shake at the NHL level, and he's young for a goalie, but getting to that age where they start showing what they're made of.

There's no downside to getting depth. If all that comes of this is that Scrivens gets a little scared then it's already a win.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I can't help but get excited over these gamble type players. I'm reminded of Fasth, Barker, and Belov. Maybe getting these type of players is the smart thing to do, and you just got to keep rolling those dice until you get lucky. Like Belov, Nilsson was a top tier player in the KHL. Some say he never got a truly fair shake at the NHL level, and he's young for a goalie, but getting to that age where they start showing what they're made of.

There's no downside to getting depth. If all that comes of this is that Scrivens gets a little scared then it's already a win.

nothing wrong with rolls of the dice, if you hit once it's all worth it. Too bad Nilsson cost us superstar Liam Coughlin :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad