Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Caggs isn't a great player or anything, but he was at least a legit top-9 winger.

Caggiula just had a bad game and he had some trouble with consistency, but he was a pretty useful piece anyway. In fact I just happened to notice today that his goals/60 was the 4th best of the team. As I also mentioned earlier his ppg/60 was the best of the team last year.

It's not a perfect stat, but for this and the 6 previous seasons Manning's +- is altogether -89. That includes both NHL and AHL. AFAIK this really was a strange and a desperate move.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Uuummmmm Peteovic I at least understand.

This, not a bloody trade. Manning will struggle getting on this roster even with Klef, Russell, and Sekera out.

As for the Manning/McDavid feud, this is a team that has Kassian playing for it after he broke Gagner’s face; you’re allowed to move on from past events. But as happy as I am to get rid of Caggs, not for an expensive of cap space for this year and next. I would have rather had Rutta.

Reactions: The Nuge

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I wonder how connor feels now that hes going to get 5000 questions about his relationship with manning from the non Edmonton media (they should ask but are too gutless).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At the end of the day our forward core is weaker, our defense added 2 #7, zero offense #6 at best defenders, have less cap space next year and moved out a 3rd round pick to do so.

The Oilers org is worse today than it was yesterday

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Caggiula just had a bad game and he had some trouble with consistency, but he was a pretty useful piece anyway. In fact I just happened to notice today that his goals/60 was the 4th best of the team. As I also mentioned earlier his ppg/60 was the best of the team last year.

It's not a perfect stat, but for this and the 6 previous seasons Manning's +- is altogether -89. That includes both NHL and AHL. AFAIK this really was a strange and a desperate move.

Our ability to injure generational players just got jacked through the roof though! So at least there is that.

McDavid better watch out in practice.

Reactions: GameChanger

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Uuummmmm Peteovic I at least understand.

This, not a bloody trade. Manning will struggle getting on this roster even with Klef, Russell, and Sekera out.

As for the Manning/McDavid feud, this is a team that has Kassian playing for it after he broke Gagner’s face; you’re allowed to move on from past events. But as happy as I am to get rid of Caggs, not for an expensive of cap space for this year and next. I would have rather had Rutta.

Gagner wasnt on the team. Mcdavid called out manning. Said hes gutless. Chiarelli is literally trying to make things hard for him. You dont think hes going to get asked about this constantly from the media?

Reactions: TB12 and McDrai

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
At the end of the day our forward core is weaker, our defense added 2 #7, zero offense #6 at best defenders, have less cap space next year and moved out a 3rd round pick to do so.

The Oilers org is worse today than it was yesterday

It's maybe never hurt me as much to press the like button, but what can you do, that's what it looks like to me too.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This is beyond explanation. How do we take on the higher cap hit in both deals AND part with a 3rd? All this shuffling in a game of musical chairs for 6/7 D men, why didn’t we just extend Davidson last year. Not that I’m a fan of that move, but it would still make more sense than this.

Chia can f*** off yesterday. He better be fired tomorrow.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
1. Gagner was gone
2. Kassian was atleast a unique player.
3. The cost of Kassian was a lot less, it was a low risk reclamation project.
4. Why even risk upsetting your captain?!?

Reactions: Summary and TB12

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Caggiula was our 2nd highest goal scoring winger. What the **** are you doing Chiarelli? Caggiula and McDavid were schoolmates growing up as well. A few years apart but attended the same school and were very good friends off the ice.

You just traded him for the only player in the entire NHL who McDavid has publically ****talked as being a coward? Am I in some sort of alternate reality? What the **** is going on here? I refuse to believe the absurdity of this trade is real.

This might just go down as the dumbest trade I've ever seen. Not necessarily the WORST trade I've ever seen, but very likely the most tone-deaf trade I've ever had the misfortune of being exposed to. It's like Chia is TRYING to be bad.

Reactions: Badfish87 and TB12

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
This is bad. Like, special kind of bad.
I guess I gotta cheer for whichever team McDavid goes to, now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
omg, Manning has 1 more year at 2.25M

Chia is getting owned while desperate. Make it stop!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad