Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
At the end of the day our forward core is weaker, our defense added 2 #7, zero offense #6 at best defenders, have less cap space next year and moved out a 3rd round pick to do so.

The Oilers org is worse today than it was yesterday

Yes, but Manning can no longer break McDavid's collarbone. Did you factor that in?

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can kinda convince myself to be neutral on the Petrovic deal, but this deal makes zero sense and is downright disturbing in a non-sequitur kind of way. Chia has actually lost his ****ing mind.

He can't lose what he didn't have. Overrated GM from the outset. I never much liked the Boston group though, any of them, and was sad when this team went with Chia. This was always going to be a huge mistake going that way. Scorched Earth. Chia is very much someone that has to have his own team, his own fingerprints all over the lineup. He's less good at taking over a core. We needed a GM that could build on what was here, not tear apart.

alas now its endless micro deals as we are at cap and spending too much on too little.

Reactions: Cloned

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Like I said on the mains if you asked me yesterday to name 1 player I was completely certain the Oilers wouldn't target I probably would have picked Brandon Manning.

I'm mostly just laughing right now as a coping mechanism to make sure I stay sane.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He can't lose what he didn't have. Overrated GM from the outset. I never much liked the Boston group though, any of them, and was sad when this team went with Chia. This was always going to be a huge mistake going that way. Scorched Earth. Chia is very much someone that has to have his own team, his own fingerprints all over the lineup. He's less good at taking over a core. We needed a GM that could build on what was here, not tear apart.

alas now its endless micro deals as we are at cap and spending too much on too little.

I mentioned in another thread how today feels like Soviet-style scorched earth policy. If he can't win with this team, nobody will...

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm done with this team until Chiarelli and the entire OBC is gone. Done. No more NHL. Plenty of good and cheap hockey on Junior.

This franchise is a joke and McDavid deserves better. This is seriously the final straw.

HOW STUPID CAN THIS MAN GET!? Any single one of us could manage this team better and I'm including those of you who I have strongly disagreed with on numerous occasions. THIS IS A JOKE. WAKE UP KATZ.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ok I wasn't the biggest fan of Caggiula but he has 7 goals this year on a team that doesn't score. You're trading him for a guy who makes even more.. a guy who broke McDavid's collarbone and the whole team was trying to run over in a game vs. Philly.

Makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you just view it through Chia's glasses. If you attempt to view it through any rational, thinking, person's POV though, it is a massive, massive, fail. A disastrous trade, that poisons the room, and pisses off our generational player. Oh, and we also somehow take on more cap, and this idiot is signed for next season as well. LOL. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
This is a travesty of a trade, what are you talking about? Caggs isn't a great player or anything, but he was at least a legit top-9 winger. Manning is simply a TERRIBLE player, and Norell is a wash-out AHL guy who ran back to Europe. No idea why this trade is made at all. Basically a 3rd line winger for a 7th dman. Barf.
He didn't trade away any important pieces. Yes, it is a loss, but it won't hurt the future

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He didn't trade away any important pieces. Yes, it is a loss, but it won't hurt the future
Manning is signed for more than Caggiula, and is signed for next year which hurts our cap for next year. Manning hurts us anytime he is on the ice and will hurt our cap next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad