Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

dem

Mar 17, 2002
We are no good and have an even worse cap problem. Awesome.

Why didn’t we just keep Eric Gryba again?

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
EarlySingleHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I thought the whole point of making a team is build chemistry. Why do you trade for the very person that broke McDavid collerbone and admitted that it was intentional. There will be animosity there and unless McDavid and the team have a Jesus like soul of forgiving and moving on, Chiarelli has probably made the dumbest move I've seen in all my years adding Manning on the same team as McDavid.

It is like he knows hes going to be fired and purposely making McDavid hate his team that he would want a trade. I've tolerated much of these small trades, but this...nah...done...he is done. Get him out.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is Chia trying to create heat in the dressing room dynamic? Make it become a less comfortable place? Make it have much more of an edge? Some weird stuff going down. I mean I totally forgot about the Manning thing. That was years ago. Did Chia forget?

meh, Players deal with this all the time. Lucic and Kassian were two of the most hated players in the league when we got them. players adjust, they always do. Apparently we're going to be running heads into the boards now. Charleston Chiefs, toughest club in the Federal Pacific division..

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
This has to be Chia’s last day on the job and this is just his big f*** you to the org and Mcdavid. I can’t find any other reason as to why he would trade for Manning. Guy is a god damn plug and he had a bad history with Connor.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I can kinda convince myself to be neutral on the Petrovic deal, but this deal makes zero sense and is downright disturbing in a non-sequitur kind of way. Chia has actually lost his ****ing mind.

This is where I’m at. Wideman/Petrovic at least makes us better. Caggiula/Manning makes us worse

Reactions: AVE MAN

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is Chia trying to create heat in the dressing room dynamic? Make it become a less comfortable place? Make it have much more of an edge? Some weird stuff going down. I mean I totally forgot about the Manning thing. That was years ago. Did Chia forget?

meh, Players deal with this all the time. Lucic and Kassian were two of the most hated players in the league when we got them. players adjust, they always do. Apparently we're going to be running heads into the boards now. Charleston Chiefs, toughest club in the Federal Pacific division..
We won't score another goal but who cares when you can punch?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I never thought this team would have a worse roster in Jan than we did when the year started but here we are.

I'm done. Unless this was all done to land an incredible forward... I'm done.

I've watched my last Oilers game till he is fired.

I haven't watched an Oilers game for a good 2 weeks now (personal best). I just look at the boxscore at the end of the night. Oh the Oilers lost? Nothing to see here

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Special Peter made our team worse, frigged our dressing room, pissed off McDavid and added cap $ all in one fell swoop.

Caggs would have been a great adder piece to a trade that could actually improve this team not to mention he was one of the few guys we have who has any potential at adding some offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad