Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OK, this deal I can't understand at all. Caggiulia was playing the best hockey since 16-17 here and we move him out? I don't even know anything about the return. Never heard of those guys. Anybody got a scoop?

We're short forwards that can actually play, suffering injuries, and we move out Cagg, Zykov, and call up Yamamoto. My ****ing lord..

Still crossing my fingers for a Lucic for a double sized Pizza deal though. But I want extra ham and mushrooms on that..

I can kinda convince myself to be neutral on the Petrovic deal, but this deal makes zero sense and is downright disturbing in a non-sequitur kind of way. Chia has actually lost his f***ing mind.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unless Norell is some stud prospect I have never heard of this trade has no positives. This feels like Chia giving the Oilers a middle finger on his way out.
Norell sucked in the AHL and is shitting up a storm in the SHL

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
lol, I guess we are desperate for at least #6D quality players. It's nuts that our wing depth is so terrible that we might actually miss Caggiula who has been running around clueless since he came back from injury.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Getting bizarre now.

Garrisons been trash. Cagguila I liked early on in the season has kinda reverted back the bad Cagguila.

But whats the upside here? Manning isnt anything special and could be bad blood with the team considering he injured McDavid. Unless they see something in Norell. LD in SHL this year?

I dont get it really.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I have a feeling Caggiula is gonna carve out a pretty nice career in Chicago and this is gonna be one of those trades we hate for many years.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
how come Katz and Nicholson are still allowing these kinds of trades? how are they ok with this?

this is insanity

Because if all you are obsessed with is grovelling into the playoffs with any low seed and that constitutes "success", then at this point changing the GM does nothing for you.

The only card the Oilers have left to play is to ride McDavid + Koksinen and hope Hitch can squeeze enough juice out of this turd of a roster and maybe get some luck with Minnesota possibly fizzling out to grab a no.7 or no.8 seed. And if Klefbom is hurt, that means loading up on a bunch of low level D and hoping enough of those under a strict Hitch system can get you just enough traction.

That's the play, it's fairly transparent what they're trying to do.

Reactions: Speedo

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Why are we letting him make trades when he isn’t going to be the gm?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad