Friedman: Edler a possibility for Tampa?

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Edler would make sense for a lot of teams as a 2nd pair guy but I'm not sure he will waive his NTC.

Hutton is more likely to be moved this year by the looks of it. Can only hope Edler agrees to waive at next years deadline when he sees the writing on the wall.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Edler has said he’s not waiving, it sounds like throwing shit at a wall and trying to build up excitement for trade deadline for viewers

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
Is this gonna be another thread when people interpret Friedmans thougths as acutal rumours? The guy just shares his thoughts, nothing else.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Geeze every single dman seems to be linked to Tampa

Yea we have a couple of young guys in Sergachev and Dotchin who are new to the playoffs and it would be good to add a veteran to take some of the load off their shoulders. Also so we can get Sustr off the ice. :thumbu:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Edler has said he’s not waiving, it sounds like throwing **** at a wall and trying to build up excitement for trade deadline for viewers

I agree that Elliotte is just spitballing here but Kevin Bieksa once famously said “he’d go down with the ship” and many thought Burrows wouldn’t waive either. Non-stop losing can change the mindset of players, who knows if Edler might have a different viewpoint now.

Reactions: Son of Petter

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I take it the only time you watch any team besides Tampa bay, is when Tampa bay is playing against them lol.

we’ll happily keep him

Yeah, because when our biggest need is a young, mobile, defensively sound RD we’re going to give up one of our best trade chips to spend $5M a season on an old, slow, offensive LD. :skeptic: He’s clearly not replacing Hedman or Sergachev and he’s both more expensive and worse defensively than Coburn. So yeah, you can keep him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
And that’s not even taking Koekkoek into account - if for some reason we wanted another offensive LD in our lineup we’ve got a much younger and cheaper one sitting in the press box right now who’s long overdue for regular playing time and wouldn’t cost us a thing. Seriously people, try at least looking at our roster before making ridiculous proposals and childish personal attacks.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
LMAO we wouldn’t give up the 2nd for him, much less Howden.
That’s cute, you’re probably one of those people who thinks “EdlEr SUcks”.

He doesn’t he would be an excellent 2nd pairing defender. I’m pretty blunt when it comes to Canucks players on here but Edler is still an effective player.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

He doesn’t he would be an excellent 2nd pairing defender. I’m pretty blunt when it comes to Canucks players on here but Edler is still an effective player.
Cool. You guys should keep him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
And that’s not even taking Koekkoek into account - if for some reason we wanted another offensive LD in our lineup we’ve got a much younger and cheaper one sitting in the press box right now who’s long overdue for regular playing time and wouldn’t cost us a thing. Seriously people, try at least looking at our roster before making ridiculous proposals and childish personal attacks.
The fact that you consider Edler an offensive dman is all we need to know about your opinion.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

I never said he sucks, but he’s absolutely useless to us given our needs and the players we already have on our roster and considering his $5M cap hit would actually represent negative value to us. So again, save the childish personal attacks because the only one showing his ass here is you.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The fact that you consider Edler an offensive dman is all we need to know about your opinion.

He’s certainly not a defensive one. Would you prefer I cut through the euphemisms and call him a cap dump?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad