Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 6/3 7:40 PM - THE BEAR heads to Uniondale - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
In the 4 games IN the Coliseum this year

the Bruins are 0-3-1

but they have been tied in the 3rd period in all 4 games

more bad luck than anything that they haven’t won in that barn yet

Bs will come out on top tonight though
3-0 win

Reactions: sooshii

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
In the 4 games IN the Coliseum this year

the Bruins are 0-3-1

but they have been tied in the 3rd period in all 4 games

more bad luck than anything that they haven’t won in that barn yet

Bs will come out on top tonight though
3-0 win
It doesn’t matter what the record was this year , last year , ten years ago. What only matters is tonight. The only stats that matter around here are W’s in the moment.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Can’t say this any simpler, Bruins need to take the fans out of the game and come out flying. They need to control the pace and hit everything that moves. Overwhelm Varlamov with shots.

My fear is the opposite will happen.

Say what you want about that old barn, but the Coliseum is the loudest, most intense place to watch a playoff game. I can’t overstate this. Bruins need to deflate them.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
First mate Chucky: "Uniondale dead ahead sir"

Cap'n Bergeron: "Very good. Steady lads, this one's cunning."

Boatswain Marchand: "Like a rat, sir?"

Cap'n: "More like a fox. Not Adam though, he's over on Manhattan being pursued by that weird bloke who stands between the benches."

Lt. Pastrnak: "Sir, they're firing at us!"

Cap'n: "With what?"

Lt. Pastrnak: "Ahhh...fish sticks cap'n!"

Cap'n: "Bastards! Prepare to reply"

Lt. Pastrnak: "Aye sir, but we're closing fast, we only have 2 minutes!"

Cap'n: "Nick, Nicko, Thiccy, get out of that damn box and come here. Prepare the cannons!"

Gunner's mate Ritchie: *stares blankly at the captain, then at the guns, then the ammo store, then back at the captain...suddenly his face lights up* "On it sir!"

Cap'n: "And Rask, keep a firm hold of that wheel. Nothing gets past us, got it?"

Pilot Rask: "I stop pucks, not sticks or boats."

Cap'n: "Well not today, improvise."

Rask: "Like a 10 minute Lars Ulrich drum solo?"

Cap'n: "Ahhh, sure, whatever works for you."

Ensign Jake: "Sir, that Barzal guy over there just mooned me, shouted something about their boat draft being deeper than ours??"

Cap'n Bergeron: "Ignore him lad, we'll still sort them out. I have Commander Sweeney's cunning plan right here in my back pocket. We can't fail!"

Gunner Cliffy 'cannon ball': "We're in range now sir? Can we fire, can we, can we, can we sir?"

Cap'n: Almost, wait for it! Where's Master Bjork with the signal flags?"

Boatswain Marchand: "Not here sir, Commodore Cassidy made him sit down and think long and hard about his actions, then Don threw him overboard."

"Cap'n: Alright....ahhh....hey Lt. Krejci, put that damn samurai sword away, this is not the time! Marchand, bring up Mr Hall instead."

Marchand: "On it sir...here he comes!"

Cap'n: "Ok, we're set now. Mr Hall will lead the 2nd assault, after me. Ready men - Rask, hard'a' starboard...gunners ready...on my command....LET FLY!!"

FIRE!!

Cap'n: "Direct hit, good work lads, now, prepare to board! Time to storm Uniondale!"

Second mate Smitty: "I've been hit sir, some damn clusterf*** wacked me from behind."

Cap'n: "Attend to him nurse Miller, we must push on."

Nurse Miller: "Actually sir...I'm very experienced with these things...he's all patched up. Look, Smitty's feeling better already!"

Cap'n: Hazzah!! Well then, on we go. ATTACK!!

And on the Bruins went to glory in the Battle of Long Island.

Nice job

the Ritchie one is spot on lol

Hockeyras

Jun 2, 2021
The Bruins must win one in the Islanders' barn, period. Isles have 3 games on home ice.

Tuukka has lingering, chronic injuries. This would be the game to win and relieve some pressure on him. The defense must start clearing the front of the net for Tuukka faster; this will help reduce that pressure on him.

Go Bruins

Shutout tonight, Tuukka Rask

2 of the 3 goals in Game 2 was actually Kuraly not doing a good job of taking his man. I would really like to see him sit a game and see #11 get in there on the 4th line or be reunited with Coyle for a game.

Reactions: Maine Fan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd like to see that second line take over a game. Tonight would be a fun time for it too
we don`t need them to "take over" but we do require them to contribute. I have been less critical of our 4th line over the last few games but they too need to, at the very least, pop one goal somewhere along the line

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
we don`t need them to "take over" but we do require them to contribute. I have been less critical of our 4th line over the last few games but they too need to, at the very least, pop one goal somewhere along the line

I'm fine with the fourth line just being a net 0. If the fourth line plays 8 minutes and I don't really notice them at all I can let it slide. Krejci and co. cannot play 18 minutes and not contribute though. A couple 5 on 5 goals tonight would be lovely.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm fine with the fourth line just being a net 0. If the fourth line plays 8 minutes and I don't really notice them at all I can let it slide. Krejci and co. cannot play 18 minutes and not contribute though. A couple 5 on 5 goals tonight would be lovely.
I sure wouldn`t complain but still love to see that 4th pop one

Reactions: TD Charlie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Usually a lot of Bs fans at Nassau any reason to think this would be any different?
asking not arguing, do NYI season tix holders get first crack at the tickets available before anything goes on sale to the public? Maybe that might affect Bruin fans attendance? Again, asking not trying to start anything as I don`t know how this works now

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Very true. But prior to the pandemic, any regular season game at Nassau has had an invading Bruins presence. I remember hats raining down on a Bergeron hat trick a few seasons back.

There were times I paid less for tickets, gas, and hotel down in that area than it would've been for just the tickets in Boston. When I was looking the other day the seats in Long Island started at about 2x of those in Boston. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we've seen the second round in Boston quite a bit so it's somewhat old hat now. I know personally I'm not all that jazzed to attend a game until at least a conference final now, unless of course the market for seats tanks hard.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Why is Lauzon playing hasn’t he been on the ice for 7 goals against in 2 games?! Tindordi should be slotted in the line-up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can’t say this any simpler, Bruins need to take the fans out of the game and come out flying. They need to control the pace and hit everything that moves. Overwhelm Varlamov with shots.

My fear is the opposite will happen.

Say what you want about that old barn, but the Coliseum is the loudest, most intense place to watch a playoff game. I can’t overstate this. Bruins need to deflate them.
been to Nassau to watch 2 games, don`t tell anyone here please but I sat both games in sections with some real nice folks regardless of our affiliations. It was during my drinking days and my buddy and I were invited along with a few Islander fans to some local afterwards, needless to say, don`t remember too much past 11 pm but woke up in my full attire from the night before in the hotel room we booked and our car was still in the lot so I call that a successful night:)

Saw the B`s then the Rangers over the weekend, was a ton of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad