Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 6/3 7:40 PM - THE BEAR heads to Uniondale - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
Clutterbuck is very good at getting in his sneaky hits and cheap shots and not answering for them - he has it down to an art form. I don't think Miller changes that. Would love to see him in the team ASAP, but I don't think it will make any difference to how Cal plays. He'll slip out of any trouble as usual.

Clutterbuck is a bitch!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

@Fenway are they waiting for you to hitch a ride? lol

upload_2021-6-2_21-6-16.jpeg

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
So I got one of those Tim Horton's Superstar Collectable Sticks, Bergeron of course (I told the cashier "#37, Patrice Bergeron" and she brings me a Hellebuyck one at first. Guess that means a Boston-Winnipeg Final!)

Tim Hortons

So I brought it home and set it down, unopened, and Boston proceeded to win 5 games in a row (I wasn't touching it). But then I accidentally knocked it the other day and it moved, and then Boston proceeded to lose Game 2. Rest assured that it's now back in its designated place. If they lose again I'll mobilize the big guns and actually open it!

Go Bruins!!
I got one of those too but I opened mine. Couldn't resist!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Nah, if the Bruins take a ship they'll go first class ;)

View attachment 442437

First mate Chucky: "Uniondale dead ahead sir"

Cap'n Bergeron: "Very good. Steady lads, this one's cunning."

Boatswain Marchand: "Like a rat, sir?"

Cap'n: "More like a fox. Not Adam though, he's over on Manhattan being pursued by that weird bloke who stands between the benches."

Lt. Pastrnak: "Sir, they're firing at us!"

Cap'n: "With what?"

Lt. Pastrnak: "Ahhh...fish sticks cap'n!"

Cap'n: "Bastards! Prepare to reply"

Lt. Pastrnak: "Aye sir, but we're closing fast, we only have 2 minutes!"

Cap'n: "Nick, Nicko, Thiccy, get out of that damn box and come here. Prepare the cannons!"

Gunner's mate Ritchie: *stares blankly at the captain, then at the guns, then the ammo store, then back at the captain...suddenly his face lights up* "On it sir!"

Cap'n: "And Rask, keep a firm hold of that wheel. Nothing gets past us, got it?"

Pilot Rask: "I stop pucks, not sticks or boats."

Cap'n: "Well not today, improvise."

Rask: "Like a 10 minute Lars Ulrich drum solo?"

Cap'n: "Ahhh, sure, whatever works for you."

Ensign Jake: "Sir, that Barzal guy over there just mooned me, shouted something about their boat draft being deeper than ours??"

Cap'n Bergeron: "Ignore him lad, we'll still sort them out. I have Commander Sweeney's cunning plan right here in my back pocket. We can't fail!"

Gunner Cliffy 'cannon ball': "We're in range now sir? Can we fire, can we, can we, can we sir?"

Cap'n: Almost, wait for it! Where's Master Bjork with the signal flags?"

Boatswain Marchand: "Not here sir, Commodore Cassidy made him sit down and think long and hard about his actions, then Don threw him overboard."

"Cap'n: Alright....ahhh....hey Lt. Krejci, put that damn samurai sword away, this is not the time! Marchand, bring up Mr Hall instead."

Marchand: "On it sir...here he comes!"

Cap'n: "Ok, we're set now. Mr Hall will lead the 2nd assault, after me. Ready men - Rask, hard'a' starboard...gunners ready...on my command....LET FLY!!"

FIRE!!

Cap'n: "Direct hit, good work lads, now, prepare to board! Time to storm Uniondale!"

Second mate Smitty: "I've been hit sir, some damn clusterf*** wacked me from behind."

Cap'n: "Attend to him nurse Miller, we must push on."

Nurse Miller: "Actually sir...I'm very experienced with these things...he's all patched up. Look, Smitty's feeling better already!"

Cap'n: Hazzah!! Well then, on we go. ATTACK!!

And on the Bruins went to glory in the Battle of Long Island.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Cap'n: "More like a fox. Not Adam though, he's over on Manhattan being pursued by that weird bloke who stands between the benches."

Cap'n: "Nick, Nicko, Thiccy, get out of that damn box and come here. Prepare the cannons!"

Gunner's mate Ritchie: *stares blankly at the captain, then at the guns, then the ammo store, then back at the captain...suddenly his face lights up* "On it sir!"

Cap'n: "And Rask, keep a firm hold of that wheel. Nothing gets past us, got it?"

Ensign Jake: "Sir, that Barzal guy over there just mooned me, shouted something about their boat draft being deeper than ours??"

Cap'n Bergeron: "Ignore him lad, we'll still sort them out. I have Commander Sweeney's cunning plan right here in my back pocket. We can't fail!"

Gunner Cliffy 'cannon ball': "We're in range now sir? Can we fire, can we, can we, can we sir?"

Boatswain Marchand: "Not here sir, Commodore Cassidy made him sit down and think long and hard about his actions, then Don threw him overboard."

"Cap'n: Alright....ahhh....hey Lt. Krejci, put that damn samurai sword away, this is not the time! Marchand, bring up Mr Hall instead."

Cap'n: "Ok, we're set now. Mr Hall will lead the 2nd assault, after me. Ready men - Rask, hard'a' starboard...gunners ready...on my command....LET FLY!!"

FIRE!!

Cap'n: "Direct hit, good work lads, now, prepare to board! Time to storm Uniondale!"

Second mate Smitty: "I've been hit sir, some damn clusterf*** wacked me from behind."

Nurse Miller: "Actually sir...I'm very experienced with these things...he's all patched up. Look, Smitty's feeling better already!"

:laugh:

........ Are you bored? lol

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
No excuses. Just win.

And for the love of all good things, put Jake back on his correct wing. He was looking good there and you flipped him. Cut that shit out.

Agreed. Of the two of DeBrusk and Ritchie, who's gonna benefit more by playing their proper wing? Most of Ritchie's value is in close to the net or board battles maybe, so what does it matter to him which wing he skates down to get to the net or which boards he's battling against? Let Jake skate where he's most effective.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If Smith can't go tomorrow, I'd love to see the idea of moving Coyle up to 2RW. Your bottom 6 would consist something of JDB - Lazar - Kuhlman and Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner.
Although the goals haven't been coming, Coyle has played some fairly strong games and brings a bit more size than JDB does. Your 4th line is your checking line and 3rd line brings speed to hopefully wear down the Isles. It's not perfect and I don't really see a lot in 83 and what he brings but Cassidy seems to like him over some of the kids. Let's hope Smith is ready to go and all this conversation is moot...
Welcome!

Reactions: Hockeyras

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
I get a Columbus series type vibe from this series. We split the first two games and there was some doubt going into their building with the canons especially after they beat a good team the previous round. The boys went in there and got two wins and never looked back. Hopeful for a similar performance tomorrow

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I get a Columbus series type vibe from this series. We split the first two games and there was some doubt going into their building with the canons especially after they beat a good team the previous round. The boys went in there and got two wins and never looked back. Hopeful for a similar performance tomorrow
That’s not what happened. Columbus won game 3 to go up 2-1 and then the Bruins won 3 straight. I remember being very nervous during that game 4.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

FIRE!!

I only regret that I have but one LIKE to give to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad