Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 3 6/3 7:40 PM - THE BEAR heads to Uniondale - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Make the necessary adjustments and play 60 minutes

..that's all I've got

upload_2021-6-2_14-47-59.jpeg

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
The B's difficulty exiting the zone is exacerbated by the 2nd period long change. Now add NYI having last change.

Perhaps beat them at their own game during 2nd period. Play dull, defensive hockey, which could also neuter the crowd, at least partly.

Road hockey.

Some greasy goals would be great. That stands a better chance if the shots from the point are at least in the same zip code as the net.

So far my favorite part of the series? @BMC calling Clutterbuck Clusterf***. Keep it up!
I would be looking for stretch passes up the seam as the Isles crash and try to control the boards . It may result in some icings but as long as the passes are hard/strong enough to clear the zone it may neutralize the Isles forecheck some .

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Krejci coulda been playoff hero Krejci in game 2 if he cashed in on one if his chances.

Ima huge 46 fan, he played a very solid 200 ft game.

Seemed on a couple chances the puck bounced or the pass was in a little tight...difference though between him and Bergy or Marchand is they find ways to convert.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Debrusk has been borderline useless ever since he moved to the Coyle line on his off-wing.

He finally looks like he was turning a corner early in the Caps Series and then he moves to RW and it's crickets again.
They should put JDB back at LW and drop Ritchie to the 4th line then move up Lazar to #3 RW.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They should put JDB back at LW and drop Ritchie to the 4th line then move up Lazar to #3 RW.

I thought he looked fine with Lazar as his center. Whether it's Krejci and Hall, or Lazar and Wagner, doesn't matter Jake is going to play Jake Debrusk hockey either way, which is to say a lot of individual play and one-man shows. Just was well stick him with 2 guys with no hands as he's not about to pass them the puck anyways.

Hockeyras

Jun 2, 2021
If Smith can't go tomorrow, I'd love to see the idea of moving Coyle up to 2RW. Your bottom 6 would consist something of JDB - Lazar - Kuhlman and Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner.
Although the goals haven't been coming, Coyle has played some fairly strong games and brings a bit more size than JDB does. Your 4th line is your checking line and 3rd line brings speed to hopefully wear down the Isles. It's not perfect and I don't really see a lot in 83 and what he brings but Cassidy seems to like him over some of the kids. Let's hope Smith is ready to go and all this conversation is moot...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If Smith can't go tomorrow, I'd love to see the idea of moving Coyle up to 2RW. Your bottom 6 would consist something of JDB - Lazar - Kuhlman and Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner.
Although the goals haven't been coming, Coyle has played some fairly strong games and brings a bit more size than JDB does. Your 4th line is your checking line and 3rd line brings speed to hopefully wear down the Isles. It's not perfect and I don't really see a lot in 83 and what he brings but Cassidy seems to like him over some of the kids. Let's hope Smith is ready to go and all this conversation is moot...

not terrible, but haven’t they tried Coyle on the wing and it’s just been poor?

he’s been moving really well these first two games though. It’s tempting.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The B's difficulty exiting the zone is exacerbated by the 2nd period long change. Now add NYI having last change.

Perhaps beat them at their own game during 2nd period. Play dull, defensive hockey, which could also neuter the crowd, at least partly.

Road hockey.

Some greasy goals would be great. That stands a better chance if the shots from the point are at least in the same zip code as the net.

So far my favorite part of the series? @BMC calling Clutterbuck Clusterf***. Keep it up!

I've always thought of him that way but only recently have I been calling him that in public. Glad you enjoy it! :)

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
So I got one of those Tim Horton's Superstar Collectable Sticks, Bergeron of course (I told the cashier "#37, Patrice Bergeron" and she brings me a Hellebuyck one at first. Guess that means a Boston-Winnipeg Final!)

Tim Hortons

So I brought it home and set it down, unopened, and Boston proceeded to win 5 games in a row (I wasn't touching it). But then I accidentally knocked it the other day and it moved, and then Boston proceeded to lose Game 2. Rest assured that it's now back in its designated place. If they lose again I'll mobilize the big guns and actually open it!

Go Bruins!!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I really wish Killer could play tomorrow. Clusterf*** has been running around a lot more than he would be if he had to face #86.

Clutterbuck is very good at getting in his sneaky hits and cheap shots and not answering for them - he has it down to an art form. I don't think Miller changes that. Would love to see him in the team ASAP, but I don't think it will make any difference to how Cal plays. He'll slip out of any trouble as usual.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
So I got one of those Tim Horton's Superstar Collectable Sticks, Bergeron of course (I told the cashier "#37, Patrice Bergeron" and she brings me a Hellebuyck one at first. Guess that means a Boston-Winnipeg Final!)

Tim Hortons

So I brought it home and set it down, unopened, and Boston proceeded to win 5 games in a row (I wasn't touching it). But then I accidentally knocked it the other day and it moved, and then Boston proceeded to lose Game 2. Rest assured that it's now back in its designated place. If they lose again I'll mobilize the big guns and actually open it!

Go Bruins!!

It may have a lucky ticket inside too but don't open it yet, stick to your rules!

Reactions: BTO

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.

Tim Hortons

Go Bruins!!
Haha , the exact same thing happened to me . I forgot Hellebuyck had the same number . Pretty cool little collectable for my Bruins room . The commercial here in Canada is annoying with the person behind the counter trying to talk everyone into getting a Austin Mathews one … then the Bruins fan says nope, rolls up his sleeve to show an awesome Bruins tattoo and says I’ll take Bergeron , best two way player in the game …. Nuff said !

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
wish this one started at 630.
Of course i have a mens league game at 940. Gonna miss the end of this one.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think one of the stories of the first 2 games is that the Islanders did more with less – less corsi numbers, less shots, less chances, less high danger chances, less expected goals for, but they’re tied 1-1 in the series. Even in G2 the Bs won or drew most of the key stats, albeit by smaller margins. And this disparity has almost nothing to do with Rask. He'd probably like to have the Palmieri goal back, but that's it.

So I think it's fair to say that the Bruins can outskate and out-play the Islanders, and generate a lot of offense, when they really put the work in and get things on their terms. There are a couple of caveats there though - firstly when the Islanders took over the game in the 2nd period of G2, it's not as simple as just saying that it's because the Bruins got slack and allowed them to. NY made adjustments, particularly to their play in the neutral zone, and our guys struggled with it and then they started to get a bit rushed and panicky in trying to gain some breathing room and restore some parity to possession and zone time. It's bad that they fell into that mindset, as they have a habit of doing when they get pressed really hard, but it's also positive that they were able to re-set in the 2nd intermission and make adjustments of their own that paid off. So it's punch and counter-punch and Boston's going to need to continue to be ready to match it with whatever Trotz and his players next throw at them.

Secondly, we know the Isles are more comfortable in their home fortress and it remains to be seen whether they play a different style there that is more assertive and looking to generate more sustained offense. Based on past experience and the momentum they're carrying from their OT win, you'd have to think it likely that we'll see at least an attempt from them to dictate terms more than they did in Boston. Again, if the Bruins can match and counter it, that might just work to their advantage if the play is a little more open, or if they can knuckle down and beat the Isles at their own game with some greasy goals. On balance I think it likely they'll have to prioritize substance over style to get results in Uniondale.

Fascinating game coming up. While the Bruins winning both away clashes is of course the aim, realistically I'll feel ok about things if they split them 1-1. I think any hopes of a short series went up in smoke with the G2 loss.

Hockeyras

Jun 2, 2021
not terrible, but haven’t they tried Coyle on the wing and it’s just been poor?

he’s been moving really well these first two games though. It’s tempting.

I would say the season for Coyle in entirety has been poor, especially for a guy who has a decent cap hit and only puts in 6 goals in 51 games...
Sounds like Smith coming back for Game 3 so it's all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad