ECSF | Ottawa Senators defeat the New York Rangers 4 games to 2

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Such a depressive loss for the Rangers, I feel awful for Lundqvist, my hero in sports since Forsberg finished his career. :-( :-(

He was great vs the Canadians, not terrible against Ottawa but definately not saving his team.

In my dreams I wished Lundqvist once would raise the cup in New York, now I realise this day most probably never ever will come, not as a #1 anyway, his best days are over.

He should finnish his career in Frölunda (SEL) and retire.

The greatest goalie Sweden ever have had never winning the cup sucks a lot. It's like Sundin and Salming, amazing players never lifting the puck, I hate it.

No I don't want to see Lundqvist in WC, don't even talk about it, it would feel even more depressive, the tournament sucks.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Rangers carried a lot of play, held leads for most of the time- but Ottawa made their leads come at the right time (late in game 1)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Crazy to think this Ottawa team went farther than the fabled 2006 squad that had Hasek/Chara/Heatley/Spezza/Alfie/Redden

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm so ****ing tired of goalies mostly being judged by the number of the goals they let in.

Lundqvist had some very difficult deflections last game, that's for sure and now he is awful?

Many times it's not the whole truth. Very few "experts" out there being able to judge goalie performance in a good fair way, very, very rare.

Like Price, most probably the worlds number one goalie. Since Canadians lost vs the Rangers he suddenly wasn't the best one any longer?

With this stupid logic I assume Anderson is a better goalie than both Price and Lundqvist.

Come on, hockey is a team sport.

Ottawa is often playing a counter attack hockey with lots of rushes starting from Karlsson, goalies usually hates these kind of games with sporadic wide open chances.

Last edited:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Feels great! I couldn't be more excited right now! I'm glad we have a few days to enjoy this before getting into the next series as big underdogs.

Great series Rangers! If I'm honest, after the first 2 at MSG I had a real feeling of impending doom and was preparing myself for the end of our season. It could have gone either way, but I'm not going to lie, I'm very glad it went ours. Good luck next season!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Congrats to Rangers on a well played series ,and to their fans congrats on being the classy group we remember from the last time we met

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I have always felt Canadian teams have absolutely fantastic fan bases, makes me very jealous.

Ottawa is no exception.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great work by Ottawa.

I don't really agree with the notion that NYR was that much better and that Ottawa robbed them. As a matter of fact, I for example think Mike Hoffman was by far the best forward in the series. Karlsson was by far the best D. Andersson matched Hank.

Rangers have a bundle of very "solid" players, but probably too many that do not have top notch offensive ability. Ottawa played a style that exposed them while enabling them to not be shut down offensively, if that made sense. NYR's forwards just couldn't take advantage of all the ice they were given.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Wow look at them Sens go! It's the only team in our Conference that I wouldn't mind winning the Cup. Their fans are kinda... likeable. It feels odd to say that. :D
Congratulations!!!!! Keep up with the good job!!!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not many people had Ottawa go this far before the playoffs started. That's why the games are played. Congrats Ottawa.

Actually lots of experts predicted Ottawa was a deep team that could do some damage. Fans in Ottawa heard Pierre Mcquire say for weeks before the playoffs 'look out for the Ottawa Senators' we had our media telling us they heard from opposing playoff GMs and Coaches that they didn't want to have anything to do with Ottawa in a 7 game series.

This is just the hockey world not spending enough ink on Ottawa this year. Fans in Ottawa knew what we had, people who pay attention to he NHL knew we were a well coached deep team with an elite talent, not a surprise at all if you paid attention to the Ottawa Senators

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Hank played very well, and even in games 2 and 5, I wouldn't fault him for any except maybe the pageau shot that squeaked under his arm. His amazing sprawling glove save in game 5 is something you don't see very often at all.

I didn't watch him in the regular season, and I hear he had a rough stretch before getting back into form before the playoffs. I'm glad I got to watch him play, and I expect he'll have a full season as starter next year.

Long live the King.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
the deals Ottawa made at the TDL made the difference here + Mac returning. The trades didn't show up as much until the playoffs because of injuries but Ottawa had all hands healthy to start the playoffs and are much stronger than the team that finished with 98 points.

AV talked about this and said 118 points....that's an exaggeration but 108 seems kore like a target.

Good series

I'd prefer to play Pittsburgh

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Chris Neil arguably saved the day.

Glass was taking liberties on all of Ottawa's skilled players. As soon as Neil beat the **** out of him, Glass was scared and ineffective. Guys like Karlsson and Turris took over and ended the series.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Chris Neil arguably saved the day.

Glass was taking liberties on all of Ottawa's skilled players. As soon as Neil beat the **** out of him, Glass was scared and ineffective. Guys like Karlsson and Turris took over and ended the series.

What's up with Neil during fights often trying to roughly rip the helmet of his opponents head while keeping his own, is this a trademark of him?

Is this something you normally try to do in hockey fights, why, you are only trying to do this if your opponent wearing a wisor... or it doesn't matter?

Sorry, I'm a Swede and we don't have much fighting in Swedish hockey. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpsoLGhQvsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZ3nm305Ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UalcpC5NCWI

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What's up with Neil during fights often trying to roughly rip the helmet of his opponents head while keeping his own, is this a trademark of him?

Is this something you do in hockey fights, why?

Neil was around for the playoff series losses to TML. He knows how the playbook goes when playing against a tough guy like Glass. If Neil were to have waited for an honourable fight, with Glass dropping the gloves and the referees standing around waiting, it might have been in the 3rd period of game 6, with the Rangers leading the game and the series, and with Karlsson, Turris, and Stone out with injuries from "hard hockey plays".

He had to go in like a maniac, like an old-time enforcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad