ECSF | Ottawa Senators defeat the New York Rangers 4 games to 2

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Win or lose its been an exciting run for the Sens, very fun to watch :cheers: pulling for WSH so we have a better chance at crowning a first time champ :handclap:

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
I get that there are biased people who said the Sens stand no chance, but please stop with the inferiority complex. I know there are biased idiots on these boards that said they stood no chance, but any rational person knew they could easily get this far. I know it's not every Sens fan saying it, but it keeps showing up everywhere. It got old a while ago. That being said, congrats to the Sens for making it this far, and good luck in the ECF

Dagwood

Oct 21, 2005
Ottawa
Oh, it's ok to roughly ripping of the helmet and throwing it away from an opponent "Chris Neil style" but not taking off your own helmet prior to fighting?

I assume both giving penalties? ;)

Hmmm, I would be afraid Chris ripping my ****ing head of the rough way he is doing it sometimes.

He is wild guy that's for sure, respect for fighting Chara. ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaY4UvMgvzg

It is a penalty if a player takes off his own helmet.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Bring a cup to Canada :) I love underdog stories! Even as a leaf fan.

Hockey Fan 1st, Leaf Fan 2nd!

Leaf fan 1st...hockey fan 2nd. But seeing as the Leafs are done, i have no problem with the Sens or Oilers bringing Lord Stanley's mug home.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
I get that there are biased people who said the Sens stand no chance, but please stop with the inferiority complex. I know there are biased idiots on these boards that said they stood no chance, but any rational person knew they could easily get this far. I know it's not every Sens fan saying it, but it keeps showing up everywhere. It got old a while ago. That being said, congrats to the Sens for making it this far, and good luck in the ECF

I think Sens fans actually enjoy playing the underdog card. Makes any win that much more entertaining, and if they lose its like 'oh well that's what was expected'.

Seems to be working so far. When ppl start saying we have a chance is when we'll blow it lol

Therefore to keep the momentum going, Wash in 4 ;)

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I'd love an EDM OTT final but WSH and PITT are insanely good. PIT especially has had our number the last three times we've played them. But we were 2-1 against them in the season vs 1-2 against the CAP (1 goal and 0 goals for 2 of the three games)

Both are going to be a problem, lets go trap!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Oh, it's ok to roughly ripping of the helmet and throwing it away from an opponent "Chris Neil style" but not taking off your own helmet prior to fighting?

I assume both giving penalties? ;)

Hmmm, I would be afraid Chris ripping my ****ing head of the rough way he is doing it sometimes.

He is wild guy that's for sure, respect for fighting Chara. ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaY4UvMgvzg

I think getting your helmet ripped off would be less dangerous then the pending punches to the face. Generally at least here in Canada it is accepted that if you cross the line playing you will have to pay the price in some form.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Congrats to Ottawa and their fans.

The better team won, I am rooting for you guys to advance.

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
The Sens series victory isn't even the top story on the TSN homepage.

Now imagine if a certain other Ontario based team had just won advanced to the Conference Final......

That is all.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
"Sens can't make it to the playoffs"

...followed by "Sens won't make it past the Bruins"

...followed by "No way the Sens get past the Rangers"

...followed by "Sens will be an easy ECF matchup for the Pens or Caps"

To be fair, in most people's minds Ottawa - Boston woud be a wash while NY were justifiably the slight favourites going into the second round. Anything can happen, and we've seen bigger upsets before, but there's simply no reason whatsover to bet on the Sens over the Pens/Caps.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I think Sens fans actually enjoy playing the underdog card. Makes any win that much more entertaining, and if they lose its like 'oh well that's what was expected'.

Seems to be working so far. When ppl start saying we have a chance is when we'll blow it lol

Therefore to keep the momentum going, Wash in 4 ;)

As a Sens fan, I'm well aware that we are the underdogs this next series. However, I thought we matched fairly well against both Boston and NYR. Not saying we'd win easily, but I thought these would both be 7 game series that could go either way. I didn't think we were the particular underdogs in either of those series.

Now any win is just gravy! One game at a time (which is what I like about this Sens team, even when they have had bad games they don't look back on those games and doubt... they just play hard and try to win). If we could manage to win a game or two next round I'll be even more proud of this team!

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
To be fair, in most people's minds Ottawa - Boston woud be a wash while NY were justifiably the slight favourites going into the second round. Anything can happen, and we've seen bigger upsets before, but there's simply no reason whatsover to bet on the Sens over the Pens/Caps.

With the state of our defense and missing Krejci... Not a wash. Bruins were serious underdogs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With the state of our defense and missing Krejci... Not a wash. Bruins were serious underdogs.

Going into the series, Carlo and Krug out were huge, but Krejci was expected to return. Ottawa looked healthy by comparison, but Karlsson was playing on a broken foot, like Krejci, Methot was to miss game one but was expected back at some point in the series, and Stone, Smith, Ryan and Ceci were all coming back early from late season injuries.

Having said that, just going by the 21 analysts at NHL.com, 9 had Ottawa winning, while 12 had Boston. ESPN also had Boston (overwhelmingly) with 9 out of 12 analysts picking Boston.

That doesn't sound like serious underdogs to me, though continuing to sustain injuries as the series went on certainly affected things.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
If the pens and caps are licking their lips at the thought of playing Ottawa, they should borrow the rangers and bruins Chapstick. The sens don't go down without drying out your lips.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
There is no reasonable Sens fan that would believe we were the clear underdog in the last two series. Both series were winnable. Not that we were the favorite either, just two teams they could beat.

Now the Pens/Caps is a whole different ball park. Sens are clear underdogs for either.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Raise your hand if you believed the Sens would make it to the ECF before the season.

Also, if there's one single guy I'm rooting for right now, it has to be Craig Anderson. (and Clarke McArthur)

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Rangers were the better team all 400 minutes of the series. I'll be rooting for Ottawa to win the Cup, but they are not a good hockey team. Not going to lie on here just to be nice or "sportsmanlike". Sens fans, accept my blessing to win the Cup, but don't argue with me that the Sens should've won this series. Thanks.

[mod] Don't argue with you over a fact? The Sens actually won the series. Can't take a defeat?

Not sure what's more insulting?

1. A team getting "lucky"
2. A team losing to someone inferior to them

Last edited by a moderator:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Raise your hand if you believed the Sens would make it to the ECF before the season.

Also, if there's one single guy I'm rooting for right now, it has to be Craig Anderson. (and Clarke McArthur)
TBH out of Ott, MTL,NY,Tor,Bos .Whom was clearly better??We ended up being the best of that lot for this season ,next year who knows

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
[mod] Don't argue with you over a fact? The Sens actually won the series. Can't take a defeat?

Not sure what's more insulting?

1. A team getting "lucky"
2. A team losing to someone inferior to them

If a team loses in OT in game 7 or just late in game 7 they can make the argument this guy is trying to make. But if you lose 4 games to 2 and all of Game 6 the other team is leading... it is kind of a foolish argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad