Pre-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3| Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - Penguins lead series 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If Tanner Glass plays tonight, I'm going to lose it. It's like Bylsma simply can't help himself. Start winning a few games so the pressure is off, and suddenly he's gotta insert all his little toys back into the lineup.

I love this team, but God do I hate Bylsma.

Let's see what happens first. Vitale has been a spark plug. He's out from practice much like Adams/Letang the other day. Let's see what happens and go from there. :)

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Making the GDT now, was occupied with my daughter all day yesterday, and up late with her imitating a fire alarm last night... So getting started on it now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Let's see what happens first. Vitale has been a spark plug. He's out from practice much like Adams/Letang the other day. Let's see what happens and go from there. :)

Wasn't the practice that Letang and Adams missed an off-day practice, though? Not a game-day skate?

And even if Vitale is hurt, why Glass would take that spot and not Jokinen just further goes to fuel my hate for Bylsma. So even Vitale's absence shouldn't mean Glass sees practice time with a line as long as Jokinen/Bennett are available.

And yes, I'm probably being irrational. But it's been going on so long with Bylsma and his lineup decisions that I'm at my breaking point. Even hints of Glass playing (or Fleury going back in) make me want to punch kittens.

May 10, 2010
And even if Vitale is hurt, why Glass would take that spot and not Jokinen just further goes to fuel my hate for Bylsma. So even Vitale's absence shouldn't mean Glass sees practice time with a line as long as Jokinen/Bennett are available.

byslma thinks he is losing engelland's toughness so he has to put in glass to replace it.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Wasn't the practice that Letang and Adams missed an off-day practice, though? Not a game-day skate?

And yes, I'm probably being irrational. But it's been going on so long with Bylsma and his lineup decisions that I'm at my breaking point. Even hints of Glass playing (or Fleury going back in) make me want to punch kittens.

No, it was a game day skate.

And yes. No offense, but you're being a bit irrational. Maybe see how it plays out before you start freaking out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes, but that doesn't mean Glass should play over Jokinen or Bennett. Glass should be the last resort, a step above having to dress Steve MacIntyre. And even then, it might be better to dress Mac with that idiot Neil running around.

we have two centers in the press box. We lose a center. We replace him with a winger. I just don't understand it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Be right back, I'm going to go read tanner glass biography and checkout his junior days. There has to be a reason why he continues to get shot after shot in the NHL while not being able to score, hit hard, and just be completely average at everything else. I'll let you know what I find.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Meh. I'm not going to get all jammed up over Tanner Glass playing because Vitale is hurt but to each his own.

we are losing a very good faceoff taking center. We have another very good faceoff taking center in the press box. Why wouldn't we replace the center with the other center? Or the OTHER center that is also better than Tanner Glass? We are going back to playing with 3 centers. I'm not a coach or anything, but it seems logical to me that an NHL team icing 4 lines should also ice 4 centers.

Tanner Glass should fight Neil the first chance he gets. That would at least make me happy for a minute. And actually, no he really shouldn't. No reason for us to give away momentum to that clown.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
DA... that siren when the Pens come out is ****ing ridiculous. I love a rocking crowd and high volume, but it pierces through my brain. :laugh: It is so ****ing loud.

The old air raid siren that we hear when they've come out lately you mean??? I love that thing. :laugh: Isn't it the same one we used as a goal horn during the Lemieux era???

When did we start using that again anyways??? Start of these playoffs...no???

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
we have two centers in the press box. We lose a center. We replace him with a winger. I just don't understand it.

Bylsma must think faceoffs are overrated. He's content moving Adams to center, even though he's lousy on draws, and inserting Glass into the lineup instead of Jokinen, who is not only a good faceoff man, but better than Glass at pretty much every aspect of hockey.

Jokinen, Bennett, or even Jeffrey would be a better option than Glass. But Bylsma loves his useless grinders (since he used to be one), and the very moment he had a chance to re-insert Glass, he took it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So let me see if my HF logic is sound.....

If another team targets Crosby's jaw, then that's just playoff hockey. However, if the Penguins' target Spezza's back, then they are a cheap, dirty team that only wins because of Bettman.

I got that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad