Pre-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3| Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - Penguins lead series 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
My god.... is Iginla back on the LW???

I don't know.. Molinari put him in a different spot than the Pens twitter did.

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ @penguins
No Vitale at skate. #Pens rushes: 14-87-9 18-71-12 10-16-24 15-27-48 44-7 2-58 3-4 5-41/47

and there's also this:

Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic
Bylsma will only say he has "options" to replace Vitale, but glaringly obvious choice is Jussi Jokinen. #TribHKY

So it's not confirmed Glass is in, and it would make absolutely no sense for him to be in over Jokinen or Bennett. Of course, Dan does a lot of things I don't understand so who knows.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
So let me see if my HF logic is sound.....

If another team targets Crosby's jaw, then that's just playoff hockey. However, if the Penguins' target Spezza's back, then they are a cheap, dirty team that only wins because of Bettman.

I got that right?

Bingo and I got banned form the main boards Pens Vs Sens thread for saying it. Wee

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
Tanner Glass might be playing tonight?

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
we are losing a very good faceoff taking center. We have another very good faceoff taking center in the press box. Why wouldn't we replace the center with the other center? Or the OTHER center that is also better than Tanner Glass? We are going back to playing with 3 centers. I'm not a coach or anything, but it seems logical to me that an NHL team icing 4 lines should also ice 4 centers.

Tanner Glass should fight Neil the first chance he gets. That would at least make me happy for a minute. And actually, no he really shouldn't. No reason for us to give away momentum to that clown.

I'm not saying I think it's a great decision, I just don't get all of the constant angst around here. I think some of the people around here need to start using recreational drugs or painting or something. An outlet for their rage. :laugh:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I dont know why they dont just move the struggling Sutter down to the 4th and put Jokinen on the 3rd between Morrow and Cooke... you lose no defensive capabilities, still have a pretty tough line, and add faceoff wins on the third line, and add a good center to the 4th line. With less defensive responsibilities Sutter might shine.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Win this and this series is virtually over... I would not bet on Chicago to beat the Pens 4 games straight without major injuries on Pittsburgh, much less a beat up Ottawa team.
If Ottawa wants a chance, they had better win tonight...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Jokinen - Bennett
Cooke -Sutter - Kennedy

Went with those lines in simulation game vs sens....won 6-1

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

Lost 5-3. Glass took 2 penalties. They scored on both.

If byslma would stop over complicating things and just tried out different lines on nhl13 we would go undefeated on our way to raising the cup

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If the 4th line is Adams, Glass, Kennedy and some combo of Murray/Eaton/England is playing behind them, we are going to give up sustained pressure a lot. That would be a lot of slow unskilled players on the ice with Kennedy... not good and its going to happen :/

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Jokinen - Bennett
Cooke -Sutter - Kennedy

Went with those lines in simulation game vs sens....won 6-1

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

Lost 5-3. Glass took 2 penalties. They scored on both.

If byslma would stop over complicating things and just tried out different lines on nhl13 we would go undefeated on our way to raising the cup

ah yes nhl 13 is accurate

TerraFeeshMD

Dec 22, 2008
Jaded - you know why I know NBC Sports drains the noise? Because the music/announcers voices are so loud in CEC right now and I can't even hear it over the speakers of my television.

Being at Game 1, I was like "wow.. the volume is turned up pretty damn high here compared to a regular season game." I could actually feel the vibrations from the bass coming out of the speakers. I'm listening on television and I can't even hear the music in the background it's so ****ing drained.

That was my dead giveaway. But why do they do it? So their announcers are more lucid? I want to hear noise. I want to hear craziness. It's playoffs.

I do think the acoustics of Consol hurts the crowd noise as compared to Mellon, but I also think the acoustics is a reason why it sounds even more mute on TV as well.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I do think the acoustics of Consol hurts the crowd noise as compared to Mellon, but I also think the acoustics is a reason why it sounds even more mute on TV as well.

The Mellon was incredibly noisy, acoustically speaking. It's why they stopped using it as an opera house almost immediately after building it. It amplified crowd noise to an insane degree.

I remember seeing games there as a kid (before the expansion) and it was louder than almost anything else. And I've seen My Bloody Valentine live. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad