ECSF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers | 7pm EST | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Not worried about the Laughs. Usually my butthole is clenched and i feel every game is a loss waiting to happen as a cats fan

Not on Tuesday. After forging our game in the fires of Hell (boston), the leafs dont feel threatening at all. They just dont have the fortitude. Theyre not a bad team, its just the Panthers are something different right now.

I feel bad for Laughs fans. They have no idea whats coming

🧹

My favorite thing about this forum is 99% of analysis can be summed up as

Did they win? Then they played amazing. Otherwise if they lost they played like crap.

Leafs didn't have their best game, but holy cow they could have scored 8 goals if they had any finish and Bob wasn't on the top of his game.

Panthers did own the Leafs in the first period but then Keefe adjusted the line he was matching with and they were pretty quite the rest of the night. Panthers defense just non existent.

They play like the old Leafs, 4 players deep allowing the dman to pinch so aggressively he is literally below the dots trying to outnumber down low. When they get beat, they give up odd man rush and IF they get bailed out by a nice D play or goaltending, the last dman back stretch passes to try and give another odd man rush with the numbers still behind the play.

That is going to eventually bite them against the Leafs firepower

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I wish Panthers fans would stop forgetting about how much our franchise sucks.

We know we're about to get our hearts shattered, it's just the nature of Panthers hockey.

I'm sure Bob turns into a pumpkin again tonight and we lose 7-1 or something equally embarrassing.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
My favorite thing about this forum is 99% of analysis can be summed up as

Did they win? Then they played amazing. Otherwise if they lost they played like crap.

Leafs didn't have their best game, but holy cow they could have scored 8 goals if they had any finish and Bob wasn't on the top of his game.

Panthers did own the Leafs in the first period but then Keefe adjusted the line he was matching with and they were pretty quite the rest of the night. Panthers defense just non existent.

They play like the old Leafs, 4 players deep allowing the dman to pinch so aggressively he is literally below the dots trying to outnumber down low. When they get beat, they give up odd man rush and IF they get bailed out by a nice D play or goaltending, the last dman back stretch passes to try and give another odd man rush with the numbers still behind the play.

That is going to eventually bite them against the Leafs firepower

Your x's and o's analysis might carry some weight, but the playoffs are 90% determination 10% strategy. You can dial it up on the white board all you want but what I saw was a dejected leafs team at the end of the 3rd period. No fight, took their lizzo lunch and went home. Like the whooped boys in the schoolyard they were.

cats in 4

Reactions: Summer Rose

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Do you mind rephrasing this so it makes sense?

People don't want fair calls, they want even calls, there is a difference and I was pointing it out, not complaining like the ones yelling for "fair" calls.
fairness based on outcome vs proportionality

the nhl has always leaned towards equality of outcome, that's why there is game management. If you can change that go ahead.

Plus you define fairness based on what fits your narrative, there is not set of "people" as a whole that agree on it.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Game management is way better than the garbage we’re getting

You’re out of your mind, respecfully

If it’s game management you want, why not just tell us all how many penalties we are going to get before the game starts and let the opposing coaches decide when we get them.

“For game 2 - Florida will be penalize 6 times - Toronto 5. The opposing coach can call for any of these penalties to be called at any whistle”

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Deciding if reffing was “Fair” should have nothing to do with penalty totals or differentials. Calling penalties shouldn’t be influenced by the score or the time left on the clock.
The fairness most want to see is to simply call it evenly, as in one team shouldn’t get more leeway than the other.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Would be nice to get one mega thread where the whiners can go and whine about the officiating.

Nobody wants to hear it, just like nobody wanted to hear it in the first round when some Leaf fans were whining about it.

Officiating is ass, all around, for every team. Let's move on

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
You’re out of your mind, respecfully

If it’s game management you want, why not just tell us all how many penalties we are going to get before the game starts and let the opposing coaches decide when we get them.

“For game 2 - Florida will be penalize 6 times - Toronto 5. The opposing coach can call for any of these penalties to be called at any whistle”

There are 10+ penalties per game the officials choose to ignore

They should at least be ignoring them at comparable rates for both teams

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023

only thing that is worth complaining about to me was the review call at the end. That would never happen in the panthers favor, or any other team for that matter. I have never seen that before.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

If they ignore 10 penalties each and one team commits 15 that’s 5 penalties for that team, right?

What if the other team commits 30? Should they still only get 5 penalties?

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
only thing that is worth complaining about to me was the review call at the end. That would never happen in the panthers favor, or any other team for that matter. I have never seen that before.

but dude! it's fair! FAIR! I really mean it it's truly the right kind of FAIR not the wrong kind!

homer-drooling.gif

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
but dude! it's fair! FAIR! I really mean it it's truly the right kind of FAIR not the wrong kind!

View attachment 702811
Last night devils Jack Hughes took a high stick, blood and everything, no review. Just a weird thing to see one team get that and other teams need to suck it up. Got to be consistent with stuff like that.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Leafs seem to be better on the road than at home so far in these playoffs. Even if they lose tonight it’s not too big a deal.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Last night devils Jack Hughes took a high stick, blood and everything, no review. Just a weird thing to see one team get that and other teams need to suck it up. Got to be consistent with stuff like that.

I saw it, a brutal missed call.

Reactions: dhfa

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Watch more hockey. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad