ECSF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers | 7pm EST | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, shouldn’t they be rooting for the 17th overall pick? I get the hatred of Leafs but don’t they know 12 spots in the draft is the most important thing ever for their team?
Lol true but maybe they aren’t even aware.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
No, poster is saying calls shouldn’t be made by looking at Jumbotrom.
The refs huddled and then decided to review it. Unless he spoke to them he has no idea if they decided to review it because of the jumbotron.

One of them or a linesmen literally went over to ROR and told him to leave the ice as he was bleeding so it’s likely he just said he was high sticked and then they decided to review it. What a non issue lol.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
You had a guy bleeding from the side of his head, and you’re complaining that the leafs didn’t get a tickey-tac half assed hook or cross check in front of the net?

That’s not fair officiating, **that’s game management**, if that was the standard, the Leafs would have been on the powerplay the entire 60 mins.

Get your head right, man. You’re on another planet right now

What you saw was fair officiating, you’re just not actually used to seeing it and have no idea what it actually means
Think you completely missed the point.

Every ref and linesman missed that call. But, because Toronto, they look up at the jumbotron to make the call (which is a huge no no). Cool that they got it right, but shouldn’t they have done the same for Hagel in R1G6 then?

If the penalties were 5-1 Florida, it would have been national headlines in Canada. “Refs out to get the Leafs!”, there would be a thread on it on HF, and the series talk would be littered with it - just like how they were upset Bunting wasn’t getting calls. But because the refs heavily favoured Toronto.. “ya fair reffing” :laugh:

Sticking with my Panthers in 5 prediction! The good guys took home ice in the first game, I have a feeling their wild ride will continue ;)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Leafs need to find a way to contain Tkachuk. He may be the best player in the game right now or close to it. He was a force in game 1.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Every ref and linesman missed that call. But, because Toronto, they look up at the jumbotron to make the call (which is a huge no no). Cool that they got it right, but shouldn’t they have done the same for Hagel in R1G6 then?

If the penalties were 5-1 Florida, it would have been national headlines in Canada. “Refs out to get the Leafs!”, there would be a thread on it on HF, and the series talk would be littered with it - just like how they were upset Bunting wasn’t getting calls. But because the refs heavily favoured Toronto.. “ya fair reffing” :laugh:

Sticking with my Panthers in 5 prediction! The good guys took home ice in the first game, I have a feeling their wild ride will continue ;)
Man they saw him bleeding and told him to leave the ice. Not difficult to think that maybe they thought oh we should discuss this and review it as he’s literally bleeding and probably told the linesman that he was hit with a stick. You’re so dramatic.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Man they saw him bleeding and told him to leave the ice. Not difficult to think that maybe they thought oh we should discuss this and review it as he’s literally bleeding and probably told the linesman that he was hit with a stick. You’re so dramatic.
Clearly none of them saw it until they looked up at the jumbotron or they would have called it when it happened.

The great part about this is, a similar high stick (just without blood) was missed late in Game 6 that would have given Tampa a power play in overtime. Just wanna know your opinion on that? Because either way it indicates the Leafs have been getting favourable reffing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Clearly none of them saw it until they looked up at the jumbotron or they would have called it when it happened.

The great part about this is, a similar high stick (just without blood) was missed late in Game 6 that would have given Tampa a power play in overtime. Just wanna know your opinion on that? Because either way it indicates the Leafs have been getting favourable reffing.
yeah…that was a missed call. The blood streaking down his face clearly tipped them off. This isn’t the first time a high sticking penalty was checked.

You’re reaching. Your team won. Stop being dramatic.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Because “for Toronto” … lol

Was Hagel bleeding? Was Hagel embellishing? Did Tampa not make fools of the refs for embellishing high sticks on game 6 last year that won them the series?

The refs should want to get it right, I can’t even believe a fan would want them to not get that call right. How bad does it look that the Leafs get that giordano hooking call but the panthers get away with a brutal high stick?

You don’t want actually referees, you want the penalties to be equal at the end of the game. That’s what 90% of this board is telling about as the problem with the leagues officiating.

Read the room, man. You’re miles away from the point on this

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I have no issue with the refs calling for a review to ensure they got it right even if the did not see it. They used the tools available to them (call a 4 min based on the result) and then review to ensure they got it right.

If I was a Panther fan I would take issue with how long they took before deciding to do that. It resulted in a long delay that gave Toronto's top players a much needed rest and gave the trainor time to patch ROR up so he could be out there for the ensuing PP as well.

No issue with getting it right, but they need to move quicker- entire process took way too long.

Reactions: JimmyApples

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
yeah…that was a missed call. The blood streaking down his face clearly tipped them off. This isn’t the first time a high sticking penalty was checked.

You’re reaching. Your team won. Stop being dramatic.
Reaching = asking for fair officiating now? :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Reaching = asking for fair officiating now? :laugh:
Do you want fair or even? Two different things.

You don’t know what ‘fair’ means

You’re asking for them to let go a 4 minute double minor for high sticking. Say that back to yourself until it sinks in
Don’t think anything will sink in. He’ll be crying tonight regardless of what happens and when he wakes up tomorrow the first thing on his to do list will be finding a thread to complain in.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Because “for Toronto” … lol

Was Hagel bleeding? Was Hagel embellishing? Did Tampa not make fools of the refs for embellishing high sticks on game 6 last year that won them the series?

The refs should want to get it right, I can’t even believe a fan would want them to not get that call right. How bad does it look that the Leafs get that giordano hooking call but the panthers get away with a brutal high stick?

You don’t want actually referees, you want the penalties to be equal at the end of the game. That’s what 90% of this board is telling about as the problem with the leagues officiating.

Read the room, man. You’re miles away from the point on this
Hold up, now Leafs fans are complaining about their only penalty the whole game?! What an entitled bunch :laugh:

And the Leafs don’t embellish high sticks? Matthew Knies, anyone?

Sure, get the call right. But the problem is the refs always call things in the Leafs favour. Ref looking right at Brodie who high sticks Hagel - nothing. No ref sees O’Rielly get high sticked, and they watch the jumbotron to see it and then call it. Do you not see a double standard here?

Panthers had to go through Boston and that reffing disaster, they’re used to kicking ass at 5v5. I have no doubt they’ll come out of this series to play the winner of Carolina - NJD, whether the refs try and stop them or not.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hold up, now Leafs fans are complaining about their only penalty the whole game?! What an entitled bunch :laugh:

And the Leafs don’t embellish high sticks? Matthew Knies, anyone?

Sure, get the call right. But the problem is the refs always call things in the Leafs favour. Ref looking right at Brodie who high sticks Hagel - nothing. No ref sees O’Rielly get high sticked, and they watch the jumbotron to see it and then call it. Do you not see a double standard here?

Panthers had to go through Boston and that reffing disaster, they’re used to kicking ass at 5v5. I have no doubt they’ll come out of this series to play the winner of Carolina - NJD, whether the refs try and stop them or not.
Dude we all agree the call on Hagel was missed lol. You’re such a broken record.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Dude we all agree the call on Hagel was missed lol. You’re such a broken record.
Forgive me if you did (I don’t recognize you as someone who posts in the main board often), but you should have told that to fellow Leafs fans in the Game 6 GDT or post-series thread.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
It's not going to be fair, might as well accept it. I think as long as the ratio is not more than 3:1 against the Panthers they can still handle it, anything more is pushing it.
5:1 is pretty crazy, especially to come out with a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad