ECSF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers | 7pm EST | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Forgive me if you did (I don’t recognize you as someone who posts in the main board often), but you should have told that to fellow Leafs fans in the Game 6 GDT or post-series thread.
There are a lot of posters from every fanbase that are wrong sometimes. It was clearly a penalty that was missed - the main difference to me is that he wasn't bleeding. The linesman went over to ROR and probably asked him what happened and then told him to leave the ice, he probably said 'I was high-sticked', and so they decided to discuss it. It's not some grand conspiracy lol.

Whining about the refs is a character flaw and a sign of weakness imo
Actually shocking to me that people ripped Leafs fans for complaining about refs last round (same when Oilers fans for example had an issue last round), and after one game of the second round that the Leafs lost, we now have all these Leaf hating white knights advocating acting as though the refs are biased towards the Leafs. I'm quite confident if I looked back at Jimmy's posts you'd find some of him telling Leafs fans to stop whining about the refs, losers blame the refs etc.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Radio was talking about this idiot. He's a Habs fan who hates the Leafs and thinks he's doing some sick burn by buying tickets to leafs playoff home games not involving his team and jerseys for other teams he doesn't cheer for?

Thanks for pumping more money into Scotiabank Arena then the average Leafs fan ever will lol

Last edited:

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
5:1 is pretty crazy, especially to come out with a win

They controlled the game 5v5 which made it happen, thankfully majority of the game is still played that way. Just need to limit the breakdowns and hope that the refs keep the penalty ratio down.

Reactions: JimmyApples

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For sure, difference is you have neutral, non-Panthers fans in here whining about the refs in a game their team didn't even play in, in a game that the team they want to lose ended up losing. It's sad lol.

Yeah I hear ya. When other fan bases attack other fan bases for whining that is when it becomes an issue. It’s just toxic.

Folks should just focus on the game. Heck if we all came together as one and demanded better reffing the league would do something….ok maybe not, but it was worth a try lol

Anyway getting off topic here. I don’t care who wins just want to continue to see good fun hockey . Not sure if Bob can keep it up but if he can think this will be a long series. Toronto is dangerous and even a goalie close to his best will let some goals in, I think Toronto needs to try and contain them left them way open last game.

Also, what’s up with the two days off? Boooo.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Ok Leafs you better win because it appears that the Oilers and Leafs fates are intertwined.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah I hear ya. When other fan bases attack other fan bases for whining that is when it becomes an issue. It’s just toxic.

Folks should just focus on the game. Heck if we all came together as one and demanded better reffing the league would do something….ok maybe not, but it was worth a try lol

Anyway getting off topic here. I don’t care who wins just want to continue to see good fun hockey . Not sure if Bob can keep it up but if he can think this will be a long series. Toronto is dangerous and even a goalie close to his best will let some goals in, I think Toronto needs to try and contain them left them way open last game.

Also, what’s up with the two days off? Boooo.
Agreed on all accounts.

The two days off is a bit lame, especially because there's another two days off between game 3 and 4.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
There are a lot of posters from every fanbase that are wrong sometimes. It was clearly a penalty that was missed - the main difference to me is that he wasn't bleeding. The linesman went over to ROR and probably asked him what happened and then told him to leave the ice, he probably said 'I was high-sticked', and so they decided to discuss it. It's not some grand conspiracy lol.

Actually shocking to me that people ripped Leafs fans for complaining about refs last round (same when Oilers fans for example had an issue last round), and after one game of the second round that the Leafs lost, we now have all these Leaf hating white knights advocating acting as though the refs are biased towards the Leafs. I'm quite confident if I looked back at Jimmy's posts you'd find some of him telling Leafs fans to stop whining about the refs, losers blame the refs etc.
Its just another way for haters to hate. Whenever the fanbase they dont like criticizes the refs its "Whining," and when it goes the other way they are the first to complain.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Please Mr. Schenn, can I have another?

1683212984209.png

The Human Eraser

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's not going to be fair, might as well accept it. I think as long as the ratio is not more than 3:1 against the Panthers they can still handle it, anything more is pushing it.

Can people learn what the word fair means?

Fair is not what NHL officials usually call, that is them equaling calls.

Fair is if the NHL called penalties as they should be called regardless of who has more penalties, what the score is, who took it, who it was on... it will never be fair.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Fair is if the NHL called penalties as they should be called regardless of who has more penalties, what the score is, who took it, who it was on... it will never be fair.

Yeah, I think the implication here is that there were some obvious calls missed that could have benefited the Panthers. For instance, the really obvious goaltender interference shortly before the high sticking call at the end of the game.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Hold up, now Leafs fans are complaining about their only penalty the whole game?! What an entitled bunch :laugh:

And the Leafs don’t embellish high sticks? Matthew Knies, anyone?

Sure, get the call right. But the problem is the refs always call things in the Leafs favour. Ref looking right at Brodie who high sticks Hagel - nothing. No ref sees O’Rielly get high sticked, and they watch the jumbotron to see it and then call it. Do you not see a double standard here?

Panthers had to go through Boston and that reffing disaster, they’re used to kicking ass at 5v5. I have no doubt they’ll come out of this series to play the winner of Carolina - NJD, whether the refs try and stop them or not.

When did I complain? You’re complaining. Wtf is going on with you, man?

I’m a leaf fan, I know you’re wrong lol. If there’s a double standard I didn’t see it last night. Not much these refs can do to go back in time. Although trust me, I wish they would.

So the Leafs could have won game 6 last year and who knows, maybe gone to the final like Tampa did

Exactly, that’s what fair means. Panthers committed more infractions and they got more penalties. This is what everyone wants and deserves.

Maurice and panthers fans are upset because they though “oh we have 3 penalties now, refs aren’t allowed to call anything else on us!” And that wasn’t the case

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

Ok so you want to change the nhl now? Go right ahead, we're waiting!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Ok so you want to change the nhl now? Go right ahead, we're waiting!

Do you mind rephrasing this so it makes sense?

People don't want fair calls, they want even calls, there is a difference and I was pointing it out, not complaining like the ones yelling for "fair" calls.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Do you mind rephrasing this so it makes sense?

People don't want fair calls, they want even calls, there is a difference and I was pointing it out, not complaining like the ones yelling for "fair" calls.

If the NHL made fair calls, Edmonton would be on the powerplay every time McDavid stepped on the ice and I wouldn't even be mad about it, get faster defenders if the guys you have can't keep up.

Game management is the most frustrating thing to watch, call it by the book.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Not worried about the Laughs. Usually my butthole is clenched and i feel every game is a loss waiting to happen as a cats fan

Not on Tuesday. After forging our game in the fires of Hell (boston), the leafs dont feel threatening at all. They just dont have the fortitude. Theyre not a bad team, its just the Panthers are something different right now.

I feel bad for Laughs fans. They have no idea whats coming

🧹

• Haha
Reactions: Sundinisagod

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Not worried about the Laughs. Usually my butthole is clenched and i feel every game is a loss waiting to happen as a cats fan

Not on Tuesday. After forging our game in the fires of Hell (boston), the leafs dont feel threatening at all. They just dont have the fortitude. Theyre not a bad team, its just the Panthers are something different right now.

I feel bad for Laughs fans. They have no idea whats coming

🧹

We’ll see, man. We’ll see

Reactions: DrMom9900

CanuckHockey

May 3, 2023
Honest question; why was the high stick on O'Reilly reviewable, but the high stick late in Game 6 against Tampa was not?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Panthers are going to come in hot tonight, but if the Leafs can weather the initial barrage it's our game and series for the taking.

The Leafs have two levels, one for when they're feeling the heat and one for when they feel in control. When they feel in control, they try to be too cute and don't work hard enough in the corners. When they think they're in trouble, you see what this team is capable of. Goaltending will factor of course, but this series is still Leafs in six.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad