Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 2 - Lightning win 4-2 and the series is tied 1-1

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I think DK and Debrusk are nursing some more than minor injuries. the latter was invisible tonight.

Marchy absolute floater most of tonight. backpass for GWG was bonehead Central. Awful. Terrible.

Reactions: Strafer

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Roenick & Milbury calling out the officiating.
JR: [over montage of missed calls] How can none of these be called at the most crucial part of the hockey game in the playoffs?
It’s unacceptable. It’s gotta be better. It’s too inconsistent and if they don’t, there is going to be a lot of complaining, not only on the ice, but all over the hockey world.
MM: There’s a lot of complaining right now. It’s not been very good. I don’t know why, these guys try really hard. They get supervised help from up above. I don’t know if there’s too much of that, for whatever reason this spring, it’s been inconsistent, it’s been not fun to have it go against you if you’re one of those teams like tonight when Marchand probably should have been on a penalty shot...

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The league tries to keep these media guys inline...great job by Pierre to end the broadcast by saying the officiating was piss poor and unacceptable.

Well, yesterday Pierre witnessed an even worse officiated game which was stacked against his beloved Penguins.
No wonder he is upset. And rightfully so

brantfordbruin

May 13, 2015
I kinda expected this result in a way, but we'll take care of business back home. Tampa is horrendous at the garden. These bolts don't scare me at all.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Our puck possession was atrocious.
Our hitting was weak.
We didn't take the initiative.
Lost way too many one on one battles.
Linesmen must have marching orders from Bettman to disrupt Bergy's faceoff dominance.
For some odd reason, we took to passing the puck back in our end from the neutral zone.
Too many lackadaisical passes.
Rick Nash and Backes: incompetent and/or invisible.
Riley Nash not yet here.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
It was a road game, and the Bruins were in survival mode for part of it, and trying to come back for the rest.

I don't disagree, though, and I hope they grind them into dust in Boston.

Doesn't matter.

If they don't play 'faster' as a team all 60 minutes they are in trouble.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Putrid officiating aside, the Bruins deserved the result they got tonight. Slow, out of sync, dumb plays, and no puck possession. Just...bad. I haven’t seen a game from them, complete dud, start to finish in a while.

Confident going back to Boston. Had the results been reversed and earned the split in the second game I think we’d all be thrilled. Some perspective will be good in the morning. This was never going to be a quick series.

Bruce talking about the officiating. I love it. Between him and the National guys calling it out, one would think it has to be addressed.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Story of this playoffs: If the Bergy-line doesn't score at least 3 goals, the Bruins don't win.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Used to play house league with a guy, bit of a spaz admittedly, that would accidentally on purpose hack a linesman in the leg every other draw if he was tossed.

Not advocating house league rules here, but Bergeron needs to have a few accidents.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
I didn't have a problem with the calls in the Toronto series; for the most part, they let them play. But the reffing in these two games in Tampa have been clown shows.

Reactions: easton117

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What about a 50+ minute stretch of subpar effort by the guys in black and gold?

Ok.

8 minutes on the PK on bogus calls.

2 goals scored.

No call when Marchand was in alone after the tying goal.
No call when Pasta was clearly cross checked/boarded.

If the refs don’t absolutely suck and make even 1 of those calls, maybe they’re still playing....maybe they win and we’re talking about how great they finished.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I didn't have a problem with the calls in the Toronto series; for the most part, they let them play. But the reffing in these two games in Tampa have been clown shows.

It honestly just feels like we're playing against the refs and tampa, genuinely it's how I feel at this point. I can 100% be fine with a loss if it doesn't feel like it was influenced by something other than the play on the ice. Sure the bruins didn't play amazing but Rask kept them in it and that should've been a 2-2 game or possibly a 3-3 game if marchand is awarded his penalty shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad