Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 2 - Lightning win 4-2 and the series is tied 1-1

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I said it the game thread.... the Bruins lack of size and physicality isn't helping them.

People can tout 'toughness' all you want, but when you are constantly on the receiving end it don't matter.
Yet when the Bs trotted our their big, physical lines a few years ago, we ALWAYS ended up in the box.

Funny how it doesn’t work the other way around.

aic90

Jul 19, 2005
Somebody said it in the GDT: more games = more money.

I REALLY hope that’s not what’s behind the officiating. Because if it is, this means we are all getting worked up over the WWE on ice.

Then again, if this is WWE on ice, I would think there would be more $ to be made if Boston advances to the ECF because it is by far the larger hockey market.

One can hope right?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When JR and Milbury are ripping those calls along with what Pierre said during the game (and correctly pointing out in the first period on the Krug slash) you know this was bad.

Top off Marchand getting slashed with no call on a clear breakaway and Pastrnak getting boarded, it was a bad night for the guys in stripes

Plus that jackwagon tossing Bergeron on every face off
I'm telling ya...Brisebois loves it.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Rask was great.
People complaining about the Bruins being terrible bet get ready for disappointment, because they actually played quite well.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Split on the road, going back to Boston 1-1. Not too bad.

Good news, the reason they lost this game is cause they played badly. Bolts didn't seem that scary. If the Bruins bring their A game for 3 more games, we got this.

Not impressed by Tampa at all. Then again if there garbage D men get away with boarding and holding all series we may be in trouble

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Why do the rules change in the playoffs? This is a f***ing joke of a league. I am a stickler for rules, they are necessary, in a game, in a society , in anything. What is the point of writing rules if you are not going to apply them? When how many minutes are left in the game determine what the rules are.
Tampa was the better team tonight, but the better team doesn't always win unless the zebras help out.
Boston 1 Zebras 1

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It honestly just feels like we're playing against the refs and tampa, genuinely it's how I feel at this point. I can 100% be fine with a loss if it doesn't feel like it was influenced by something other than the play on the ice. Sure the bruins didn't play amazing but Rask kept them in it and that should've been a 2-2 game or possibly a 3-3 game if marchand is awarded his penalty shot.

Exactly.

I mean if the refs just worked at their typical C+ level, most of us probably wouldn’t complain, because we expect ineptitude.

But when they’re hovering around the D-/F performance level, it has to be harped on.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
o-GIFT-IN-HAND-facebook.jpg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
4 minutes for slashing yourself is just comical.

The linesman was seriously 6 feet away.

Bruins sucked that game bit the refs were otherworldly bad.
There was actually a bolts fan who posted the high sticking rule and tried to say it was a good call. :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think if you searched my history you wouldn't find a dozen posts on complaining about officiating until these playoffs. They have been awful

Game 5 vs Toronto was the worst officiated game I had seen in ages (and we benefited) but tonight was maybe the worst game I have ever seen. If this was college basketball I would have scanned the crowd for Jimmy, Pauly and Henry Hill.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Ok.

8 minutes in the PK on bogus calls.

2 goals scored.

No call when Marchand was in alone after the tying goal.
No call when Pasta was clearly cross checked/boarded.

If the refs don’t absolutely suck and make even 1of those calls, maybe they’re still playing....maybe they win and we’re talking about how great they finished.

The bruins brought effort in game 1, while still facing the typical bad NHL officiating, and won in convincing fashion.

If they had done the same tonight, the bad calls/non calls would've been a nonfactor. But they didn't. They didn't get the benefit of some calls, and they lost.

Maybe some day the refs bail them out after having a piss poor effort, but today was not that day.

Reactions: Strafer

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Good teams win games when they don't play their best sometimes...they were robbed of that opportunity tonight by consistently unacceptable officiating. A Stanley Cup playoff game.

For me, the officiating is the story. It's easier to cop out and not think about how much of a travesty this league regularly is, and just say "Ehh...the Bruins didn't play well."

That happens.

The all too common God awful officiating is simply and should be unacceptable. For the love of the game, turn the spotlight on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad