Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 2 - Lightning win 4-2 and the series is tied 1-1

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Such a frustrating 3rd period...

Robbed 4min because Hedman throws his own stick to his face.

Waived icing that led to TB 3-1 goal.

No call when Strallman slash Marchand on the breakaway.

Awful turn of events... maybe the stupid Fenway IF thread did jinx after all...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
TL:

And give credit to Pierre...it's clear...even from Milbury tonight who had to sheepishly preface his slamming of the refs...

The league tries to keep these media guys inline...great job by Pierre to end the broadcast by saying the officiating was piss poor and unacceptable. No fear. Doing the right thing.

Not one call. Not two calls. All game.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I said it the game thread.... the Bruins lack of size and physicality isn't helping them.

People can tout 'toughness' all you want, but when you are constantly on the receiving end it don't matter.

Reactions: BBruins

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Tough to win back to back games with it is 2 teams against 1 both times.
Grind 'em to dust in Boston.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
To be clear the Bs did not deserve to win... lack of effort, physicality and too many forwards watching and gliding ( Rick Nash and Dalton Heinen for two)

That said...,the refs were past bad- incompetent is still too mild. Takes a sloppy game and makes it almost unwatchable

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
A hook on the arm on a partial breakaway should be a choice of penelty shot or 2 minutes not is it or isn’t it a penalty ... $&@#% joke !!

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I said it the game thread.... the Bruins lack of size and physicality isn't helping them.

People can tout 'toughness' all you want, but when you are constantly on the receiving end it don't matter.

It was a road game, and the Bruins were in survival mode for part of it, and trying to come back for the rest.

I don't disagree, though, and I hope they grind them into dust in Boston.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Bruins were out hit and Outplayed and also made to many turnovers tonight . Its like they forgot what got them to this point . Poor play cost them this game. The bruins need to find someway to win game 3 at home.
I also have to say one thing that i be very dissapointed if neither DS or Cam calls out the terrible officating what a joke they became.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Terrible game by Pasta and crucial mistake by Marchand.

Overall Bruins strolling out on the ice, no urgency to bury it tonight.

Frustrating

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bruins had almost a 2 minute 5 on 3 in the second, and came up empty.

Yea the reffing was ghastly in the third, but control your controllables.

You can't cant control when the refs call something and they don't.

But you can control the outcome of the powerplays they do get, and they came up empty.

If the effort was there, and this was a goalie interference in toronto late in the third to decide the game type call, the blame would be all on the refs.

But not with the effort they gave tonight.
That's basically how I feel.

Refs were awful, but if we took care of business, we still could've won that game.

We had 2 minutes of 5 on 3 and blew it. Turned over the puck a ton, then for all his late third heroics to keep us in it, the last two goals Rask did let in were backbreakers. Poor execution led to the loss, the refs were just window dressing.

This series was going to go 6 or 7 anyway, I'm not worried yet. We've got home ice now.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Split on the road, going back to Boston 1-1. Not too bad.

Good news, the reason they lost this game is cause they played badly. Bolts didn't seem that scary. If the Bruins bring their A game for 3 more games, we got this.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins played a horrible game. Mix that in with a couple of soft goals ( besides that, Rask was phenomenal ), lopsided officiating, and a Tampa team clearly pressing to win, we have our outcome.

All of that, and we only lost by 2 ( with empty netter ). Tampa has their hands full when the Bruins shake this game off and get back to work.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yes, bizarre. This series is turning out to be how I expected it against Toronto. TB has been getting some huge Habs treatment.

We didn't deserve to take 2 games, TB probably outplayed us during the first 2 games. But this officiating is a shameful. There is no other way around it.

I cann tell you even the german comentator called out the ref crew and the guy said "NHL refs usually do a great job and are rarely to be criticized" lol.

How true, I thought we were going to get this officiating against the Leafs, never thought for a second it would be against these guys. Time for Sweeney or Neely to speak up for his guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad