Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 2 - Lightning win 4-2 and the series is tied 1-1

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Yikes. I was trying to read through the Main Thread on the series. It was like a day care center with children saying stupid stuff. Do you have to be under 6 years old to post there ?

Some Tampa fans think they won the cup already.

I hope the B's blow them out.
thats it LF im with you....give these bolts a good thumping no more warnings from Big Z

Reactions: Strafer

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
I’m really concerned with Bergeron being tossed out of faceoff dot so frequently. I feel like it may have him rattled. What gives?
Yeah, that's really irking me as well.

Oh wait wait wait... gotta have the Bolts win this draw, kick out Mr Selke and throw Marchand in there.

Getting VERY frustrating. Happened in the Leafs series too.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Eh, I find it hard to generate hate against Tampa. I like Stamkos and Hedman. Yzerman has built a pretty good development machine. Tampa is a weird place.

Their not particularly cheap and, despite last game, they aren't tough. We always seem to beat them as well. I remember a 1-0 game against them a few years ago that was probably one of the best hockey games I've ever seen. I just feel we have like three guys that could kill anyone on their roster if they want to try and keep playing like that and if it ever got to game 7 we'd win because were mentally tougher.

Now if we lose next game 7-2, I'll probably be 1st to post that were toast and disavow everything in this post.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If we assume that some of the darkest possibilities concerning the Refs are true and that they are not this incompetent, what can possibly be the explanation?

It is Boston, not Tampa, which is the big market Original 6 Team.

I can understand bias towards big market Canada teams like TOR and Montreal but why would the NHL favor Tampa over Boston?

It doesn’t make sense to me unless Jacobs has enemies in the League Office. Is he not a nice guy?

Edited for spellcheck

I don’t think the bias is “I want the Bruins to lose” but more player specific (it’s been clear the refs weren’t going to call penalties against Marchand all season because of his reputation-Marchand has drawn tons of penalties that go uncalled and I know players like Kadri has the same problem).

I also think there is s myth that the bruins are mean, big and out to injure. I suspect some refs buy into that myth so turn a blind eye to some calls. So basically a team bias-not so much because of its market but it’s reputation (which does not even fit this current crop of players).

I do think there are some refs who have an anti bruins bias (Jackson who retired and Rooney-although I think for Rooney he is trying to avoid the “he just want Boston to win” reputation by being harder on Boston-this however isn’t conspiracy, but personal prejudice).

But I really think the incompetence factor can’t be ignored. NHL refs as a whole are simply bad at the job they do-and most bad calls are because the refs are just bad then that they want one team to win.

I think personal bias comes into play often as well and when mixed with the incompetence you end up with a total *^%# show of a game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Maybe it is just as simple as wanting more 7 game series happening - the first round was pathetic really - two sweeps..the Bruins/Leafs the only first round going to 7.... a lot of money to be lost. Why not help certain teams along by trying to keep series competitive so they go the extra games? I don't know what to think honestly because I am biased towards the Bruins. I know one thing though, money makes the world go round and if anyone thinks the NHL is exempt from managing games to make more money, that is naive.
This is one conspiracy I could buy into.

The NHL first and foremost is about making money. Every series that goes long makes more money. Sweeps are a bad thing when money is the goal.

Now where I have to remove my tinfoil hat-I struggle to imagine every NHL ref cooperating with this kind of conspiracy so I think maybe even the “we want longer series” conspiracy isn’t right either.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So you lump Red Sox fans into the insufferable category, what category did I lump "people" into?

OK I’ll try to break this down further.

Again, I said “most”. Read the sentence before the one you bolded. I never said all Red Sox fans.

So there’s no lumping all Red Sox fans into the insufferable category.

It’s my opinion that most Red Sox fans that I’ve encountered in my lifetime are whiny and entitled. I don’t think that’s untrue.

Just like some fans of other teams are also which you also pointed out earlier. So we actually agree here.

Finally, you addressed a post that I wrote and expressed my opinion and said “what’s with people”. My takeaway with that statment is that apparently you feel that there is some sort of bloc of “people” who are on here, as you said lumping all Red Sox fans into one category.

I found that ironic because that is generalizing. Is it not?

We’ve derailed this thread enough so I hope that you understand what I meant and don’t take it personally.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
OK I’ll try to break this down further.

Again, I said “most”. Read the sentence before the one you bolded. I never said all Red Sox fans.

So there’s no lumping all Red Sox fans into the insufferable category.

It’s my opinion that most Red Sox fans that I’ve encountered in my lifetime are whiny and entitled. I don’t think that’s untrue.

Just like some fans of other teams are also which you also pointed out earlier. So we actually agree here.

Finally, you addressed a post that I wrote and expressed my opinion and said “what’s with people”. My takeaway with that statment is that apparently you feel that there is some sort of bloc of “people” who are on here, as you said lumping all Red Sox fans into one category.

I found that ironic because that is generalizing. Is it not?

We’ve derailed this thread enough so I hope that you understand what I meant and don’t take it personally.
My last post on the subject. It has nothing to do with "here", this isn't the only Forum I belong too but I see other people on other forums I belong too saying what you said, does that clear it up a little better for you? Anyways, I don't take anything said on an internet forum personal.
:cheers:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
After reading that disaster of a "Series" thread in the SC forum, it sure is nice to have this forum for Bruins fans. Ahh.....peace and quiet. lol
And often it isn’t Tampa fans that are the problem-it’s the Leafs, Canadiens, and Vancouver fans.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Tampa fans are making a name for themselves this year from the looks of it. lol
I have a Twitter account and the Bolts trolls suddenly appeared today...trolling my tweets from last night. Seems the Bolts have the SC in the bag now. I just use the block button, I have no intention of feeding them.

Reactions: Bruin and Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

The NHL first and foremost is about making money. Every series that goes long makes more money. Sweeps are a bad thing when money is the goal.

Now where I have to remove my tinfoil hat-I struggle to imagine every NHL ref cooperating with this kind of conspiracy so I think maybe even the “we want longer series” conspiracy isn’t right either.
Out of curiousity, how do officials get paid? By the game or annually? Hmmm.....

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
I feel good about the Bruins' chances coming back home. I think they'll up the intensity with the home crowd - the loud home crowd - behind them. They did get beat up pretty good physically last night, so I hope they'll address that and hopefully some calls will go their way this time as well.

C'mon folks, this team has been amazing to watch this season and we all know what they can do when they're on top of their game. Can't wait for the puck to drop!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Out of curiousity, how do officials get paid? By the game or annually? Hmmm.....
So I had no idea and looked it up.

Refs and linesmen earn a salary that is per season of work. They don’t get a salary for the playoffs. Instead it’s a bonus of about $20,000 per round.

Reactions: caz16

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If we assume that some of the darkest possibilities concerning the Refs are true and that they are not this incompetent, what can possibly be the explanation?

It is Boston, not Tampa, which is the big market Original 6 Team.

I can understand bias towards big market Canada teams like TOR and Montreal but why would the NHL favor Tampa over Boston?

It doesn’t make sense to me unless Jacobs has enemies in the League Office. Is he not a nice guy?

Edited for spellcheck

Jealousy? How about the refs grew up hating the Bruins and just hate on them moving ahead!?! I made a comment yesterday that the only way to put this bias to rest was to train Martians to referee, but first teaching them how to skate is the BIG problem!

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
first about Krug slashing a bad penalty ( power play goal )

5 vs 3 big error Krejci a the point ( where is Krejci? ) McAvoy best vision a the point a 5 vs 3

Marchand turnover . 2 goal Rask very bad reflex
Pastrnark 4 minute bad call
Marchand breakaway stralman hit the hand no penalty
Pastrnark cross check by Giraldi no penalty
empty net goal ( bad execution )

Game 3 dicipline please ,hard hit, wake up Krejci, maybe change the line up

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnark
Debrusk Backes Nash
Heinen Krejci Czarnik
Scaller Kuraly Acciari or Wingels

Same defence and Rask

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Of course it matters to the refs and linesmen. Maybe they're reviewed at the end of the year on things that we wouldn't think of? Maybe they look to see who was able to control a game for a desired outcome? And why not? If you're an NHL ref, where else are you going to get a great paying job with a meal plan, healthcare etc etc etc? Are you going to go to Microsoft and say "I can referee your office arguments and skate like the wind? Many people do as their told because they just do not want to lose their job.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Eh, I find it hard to generate hate against Tampa. I like Stamkos and Hedman. Yzerman has built a pretty good development machine. Tampa is a weird place.

Their not particularly cheap and, despite last game, they aren't tough. We always seem to beat them as well. I remember a 1-0 game against them a few years ago that was probably one of the best hockey games I've ever seen. I just feel we have like three guys that could kill anyone on their roster if they want to try and keep playing like that and if it ever got to game 7 we'd win because were mentally tougher.

Now if we lose next game 7-2, I'll probably be 1st to post that were toast and disavow everything in this post.

They are a team chalk full of yappers, we`ve all seen them, do a ton of post whistle yapping, maybe a little pushing here and there but if/when the time or opportunity was there to answer the bell they suddenly are gone, hiding behind the refs (who likely are busy calling Bruins for penalties:))

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00