Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He’s right there with him. hedman now isn’t hedman of 3-4 years ago.

I said what I said but to be more clear...The grass is greener everywhere else in some peoples eyes. TB has a decent, balanced D. They are not infallible. And Hedman isn’t The end all/be all of defenseman.

He is clearly better than McAvoy.

Reactions: wintersej

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Chara is a really funny case. Sometimes you think he still has it. Other times he looks completely cooked. We'll have to take stock of which happened more often in the aftermath.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
He’s right there with him. hedman now isn’t hedman of 3-4 years ago.

I said what I said but to be more clear...The grass is greener everywhere else in some peoples eyes. TB has a decent, balanced D. They are not infallible. And Hedman isn’t The end all/be all of defenseman.

Exactly at this point of his career McAvoy is ahead of where Hedman was.

Reactions: CDJ and Budddy

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
How do you break up Krug Carlo and have Gryz play with McAvoy?

Chara can’t play with Carlo except on the PK.
This is the whole problem - they have 2.5 smurf d-men (Clifton's half a smurf), all three of whom belong on a third pairing (along with Chara). Right now, without Lauzon and with Carlo playing so poorly with Krug, you have all of one decent defensive d-man (Mac, obviously). And that, my friends, is a recipe for disaster. That and useless wingers outside of Marchy and Pasta. Team has one line, three centres and one d-man. Anyone for shinny?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is the whole problem - they have 2.5 smurf d-men (Clifton's half a smurf), all three of whom belong on a third pairing (along with Chara). Right now, without Lauzon and with Carlo playing so poorly with Krug, you have all of one decent defensive d-man (Mac, obviously). And that, my friends' is a recipe for disaster. That and useless wingers outside of Marchy and Pasta. Team has one line, three centres and one d-man. Anyone for shinny?
And only yesterday, I thought we were Cup contenders . One game doesn’t define a series . Let’s see how it plays out .

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yeah? See the post immediately below yours.
What does that tell us ? As bad as the Bruins played tonight , I didn’t see them giving Tampa a ton of good looks . Tampa was controlling the play , for sure but for the most part we’re on the perimeter. Only some colossal f***ups by the D gave them the quality chances that they had .

Reactions: lopey and JOKER 192

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Yeah? See the post immediately below yours.

you referring to being outshot?
His point is still valid. The fandom rises with every win and gets demoralized with every loss.

saw some great bruins teams lose in the 70s to teams they outshot badly. Anything can happen.
Nothing wrong with well placed optimism.

Reactions: HumBucker

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No Stamkos and McDonagh and Coburn/Schenn
hurt their team less than your 2nd pair. That's
a lost opportunity.

It sure is , golden opportunity tonight. Despite their poor play they had a chance to win it and just bonehead play after bonehead play, to many Bruins had a bad game tonight including most of the D

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
What does that tell us ? As bad as the Bruins played tonight , I didn’t see them giving Tampa a ton of good looks . Tampa was controlling the play , for sure but for the most part we’re on the perimeter. Only some colossal f***ups by the D gave them the quality chances that they had .
They were dominated. The D wasn't just a disaster, it *is* a disaster. And tb didn't need many good looks, all they had to do was fling the puck towards the net a couple of times.

However, you are right: despite being completely outplayed they still had more scoring chances. Just couldn't finish. Jeez, when have I heard that before?

Reactions: duffy

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
you referring to being outshot?
His point is still valid. The fandom rises with every win and gets demoralized with every loss.

saw some great bruins teams lose in the 70s to teams they outshot badly. Anything can happen.
Nothing wrong with well placed optimism.
Yeah so have I. The problem is Tampa didn't lose.

Edit: and I'll be perfectly optimistic in the morning. Tonight I'm pissed-off.

Reactions: Mathews28

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They were dominated. The D wasn't just a disaster, it *is* a disaster. And tb didn't need many good looks, all they had to do was fling the puck towards the net a couple of times.

However, you are right: despite being completely outplayed they still had more scoring chances. Just couldn't finish. Jeez, when have I heard that before?
If you want me to agree that Tampa was the better team tonight , I certainly agree with you , I just don’t think it’s all gloom and doom as you make it out to be . Let’s get back on track tomorrow.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
If you want me to agree that Tampa was the better team tonight , I certainly agree with you , I just don’t think it’s all gloom and doom as you make it out to be . Let’s get back on track tomorrow.
Yeah, I'll be perfectly back on track tomorrow, and perfectly optimistic in the morning, but tonight I'll be pissed-off.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Yeah so have I. The problem is Tampa didn't lose.

Edit: and I'll be perfectly optimistic in the morning. Tonight I'm pissed-off.

missed the point my man.

SOG aren’t the whole story is the point. Its as if DuPont throws out a stat and the series is over.
Long way to go.

I mean everyone is free to give up and stop watching if they’re convinced these two games show fatal flaws that the Bs can’t overcome.

Hell, they can stop posting too while they’re at it.

Bs very well may come up short here. But it ain’t over and pointing to an observation by a writer and interpreting it as a death sentence is a bit extreme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad