Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If you want me to agree that Tampa was the better team tonight , I certainly agree with you , I just don’t think it’s all gloom and doom as you make it out to be . Let’s get back on track tomorrow.
But tell me, do you feel confident that our D can handle tampa's forwards down low, and confident that our wingers, outside of the first line of course, can outwork tampa's D in their zone? Cause this isn't new, it's been going on for 3 years.

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
missed the point my man.

SOG aren’t the whole story is the point. Its as if DuPont throws out a stat and the series is over.
Long way to go.

I mean everyone is free to give up and stop watching if they’re convinced these two games show fatal flaws that the Bs can’t overcome.

Hell, they can stop posting too while they’re at it.

Bs very well may come up short here. But it ain’t over and pointing to an observation by a writer and interpreting it as a death sentence is a bit extreme.
I didn't miss your point. Boston wasn't just outshot, they were dominated. Couldn't handle tampa's speed and size. I've seen this movie before.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Love Chara and what he's done for this city and franchise. He'll go down as an all time legend. But he looks cooked out there. It's not just his mobility but his decision making that's taken a turn for the worse. He can't help create offense because his lateral speed while under pressure is so slow, open wingers run out of room waiting for Chara to move the puck to them. He can't be trusted to skate with the puck past the blueline either.

On one hand, you want the guy out there because he's the captain, he's a legend, he's tough as nails, and he commands more respect than the pope. But on the other hand, he's a liability in most game situations and while he's a good mentor off the ice, on the ice, I think he holds McAvoy back.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Everyone ripping on Chara...you ever think part of the problem is that the other two left shot defenseman are small & bottom pairing quality when it comes to their play purely in the defensive zone? That put's a lot of extra pressure on Chara matchup wise and in the defensive zone. He's obviously old and slow but we haven't made things any easier for him.

I like Krug & Gryz individually, I honestly do. But I thought the size of our defense was a big issue against the Blues last season and I'm starting to see the same trend this series. It's easier to play against small defenseman...and big & fast teams will feast on them.

Lauzon playing how he played in February/March would be a nice addition.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well based on some of the posts here, the Bruins might as well not even bother to show tomorrow, just forfeit the series. I mean, Tampa Bay is just so big and strong and skilled and how can the Bruins possibly hope to win. Except that the series is tied, and they lost this last game by just one goal and brought their D- game. No question it was always going to be a tough series, but the gloom and doom around here sometimes! Bruins can still take this in five games.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Love Chara and what he's done for this city and franchise. He'll go down as an all time legend. But he looks cooked out there. It's not just his mobility but his decision making that's taken a turn for the worse. He can't help create offense because his lateral speed while under pressure is so slow, open wingers run out of room waiting for Chara to move the puck to them. He can't be trusted to skate with the puck past the blueline either.

On one hand, you want the guy out there because he's the captain, he's a legend, he's tough as nails, and he commands more respect than the pope. But on the other hand, he's a liability in most game situations and while he's a good mentor off the ice, on the ice, I think he holds McAvoy back.
As others have suggested, put Lauzon back in and go with 7 D. Most of our wingers are useless anyway.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Everyone ripping on Chara...you ever think part of the problem is that the other two left shot defenseman are small & bottom pairing quality when it comes to their play purely in the defensive zone? That put's a lot of extra pressure on Chara matchup wise and in the defensive zone. He's obviously old and slow but we haven't made things any easier for him.

I like Krug & Gryz individually, I honestly do. But I thought the size of our defense was a big issue against the Blues last season and I'm starting to see the same trend this series. It's easier to play against small defenseman...and big & fast teams will feast on them.

Lauzon playing how he played in February/March would be a nice addition.
7 D

Reactions: duffy

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Blah, taped this one and had Rogers switch the game to CBC so didn’t see the overtime. Thanks Rogers!

Would’ve been a steal if they won it. Outside of Marchand and maybe Grizz I thought the whole team looked sluggish.

Krug especially looks like he’s trying to convince them not to resign him at this point. Guy skates like I do. And I have an ankle the size of a softball year round.

Reactions: Gordoff and duffy

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
If you want me to agree that Tampa was the better team tonight , I certainly agree with you , I just don’t think it’s all gloom and doom as you make it out to be . Let’s get back on track tomorrow.
It wasn't just tonight though. The third period of game one the Zamboni didn't even need to touch the Tampa zone! So 4 straight periods plus OT the B's were terribly outplayed. They very rarely win board battles, can't clear the zone to save their lives, refuse to shoot the puck at Vaslilfski , and refuse to hit star players. If they continue with this game plan Halak will not record another win ! They should be throwing everything at the net, it seems to work for Tampa but then of course, Tampa actually have forwards that go to the net!

Reactions: charliesangel

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Well based on some of the posts here, the Bruins might as well not even bother to show tomorrow, just forfeit the series. I mean, Tampa Bay is just so big and strong and skilled and how can the Bruins possibly hope to win. Except that the series is tied, and they lost this last game by just one goal and brought their D- game. No question it was always going to be a tough series, but the gloom and doom around here sometimes! Bruins can still take this in five games.
Well I had Boston in 7, but I can still be pissed-off that we aren't up 2-0.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Blah, taped this one and had Rogers switch the game to CBC so didn’t see the overtime. Thanks Rogers!

Would’ve been a steal if they won it. Outside of Marchand and maybe Grizz I thought the whole team looked sluggish.

Krug especially looks like he’s trying to convince them not to resign him at this point. Guy skates like I do. And I have an ankle the size of a softball year round.
Had the same thing happen, as did others. SN sucks.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
It wasn't just tonight though. The third period of game one the Zamboni didn't even need to touch the Tampa zone! So 4 straight periods plus OT the B's were terribly outplayed. They very rarely win board battles, can't clear the zone to save their lives, refuse to shoot the puck at Vaslilfski , and refuse to hit star players. If they continue with this game plan Halak will not record another win ! They should be throwing everything at the net, it seems to work for Tampa but then of course, Tampa actually have forwards that go to the net!
Yup

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Rogers policy has always been if the game is on CBC it will stay there. Just set your DVR to the local CBC station
Ya it’s my fault and I didn’t even think about the games switching.

Doesn’t mean I’m not irritated by it lol. Especially when I look at my bill from them monthly. I should be getting a courtesy call from them at this point.

Hey thanks for helping keep our lights on paying for all that shit you never use.....

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad