Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 3 - 4/30 7:11 PM - THE BEAR intends to silence that stupid cannon

Which team wins Game 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Haha, it took a new user for you to finally find an example. You've been using that garbage strawman for years.
Apparently you missed the wonderful comment about the old folks on here wanting the physical play of the 80's back and several other kind comments. I find it interesting you singled out this guy when many of us gave it back to him or her. I guess it's ok to be rude to one side, but let the other defend their position on the topic and woe is them. Cool. Or is cool too old of a word for this board now?

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Finally no more Nords smells replace him with Backes hot takes. About time!

[Deleted question about Nords playing tonight. Sorry Blowfish, misread you post. Lady R clued me in!!!]

We have been the better team in both games. Game One they got back in it with a double deflection and a shot that was at least a foot wide of the net before it hit the back of Nash's knee and ricocheted into the most perfect of snipes. In Game 2 we dominated again but made two sloppy plays and they capitalized.

I watched every game against Leafs and was uptight during them all except the first period of Game 2. No the case with this series. We look so much better against CBJ.

Get Pasta out of his funk and tighten up on silly giveaways and we're looking to see whether the Isles can come back or we face Canes.

Last edited:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Where did you hear Nords is out? He's been good.

Look people, we have been the better team in both games. Game One they got back in it with a double deflection and a shot that was at least a foot wide of the net before it hit the back of Nash's knee and ricocheted into the most perfect of snipes. In Game 2 we dominated again but made two sloppy plays and they capitalized.

I watched every game against Leafs and was uptight during them all except the first period of Game 2. No the case with this series. We look so much better against CBJ.

Get Pasta out of his funk and tighten up on silly giveaways and we're looking to see whether the Isles can come back or we face Canes.

Some people getting very uptight.
Re-read his post- I had to twice myself. He meant that finally, there are no more posts about replacing Nords with Backes.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think the Jackets come out flying, grab the early lead, things settle in and B`s win 2-1
Sounds good to me.

I have a good feeling about this one. No idea why.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Apparently you missed the wonderful comment about the old folks on here wanting the physical play of the 80's back and several other kind comments. I find it interesting you singled out this guy when many of us gave it back to him or her. I guess it's ok to be rude to one side, but let the other defend their position on the topic and woe is them. Cool. Or is cool too old of a word for this board now?
I use cool all of the time !...of course I am very old :laugh:

I miss the old days of the physical teams....like 2011:sarcasm:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I didn't miss that comment actually. I responded to it. I singled out that guy, because that guy is notorious for pumping this notion that people on here want soft hockey. He also throws around that inconsiderate phrase "Disney Princess Brigade" to describe certain Bruins prospect/players because they don't fit that mold. He's been called out before to at least provide examples of his argument. All I was saying is that it took a new user to say one thing for him to finally show an example of what he whines about over and over again.

I'm not a fan from back in the 1980's but I still want physical hockey. I'm not specifying age groups here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sounds good to me.

I have a good feeling about this one. No idea why.

I like the extra days rest for our boys, yep, extra day for the Jackets too but they didn`t really need it

I haven`t been remotely impressed by the Jackets in this series, I think they matched up better vs the Bolts as TB aren`t huge fans of being hit at every turn and tend to get really shy when that style of game comes into play where the B`s, not exactly a lineup of bruisers, also aren`t shrinking violets either so they don`t run and hide once the hits start up

B`s need to take advantage of those moments where certain Jacket players take themselves out of position going for the big hit

Reactions: Strafer and sooshii

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Is Anderson or Nash playing? Would be awesome if they were not. Also like the Pasta move to 3rd line alot, I feel we have 4 equally dangerous lines right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is Anderson or Nash playing? Would be awesome if they were not. Also like the Pasta move to 3rd line alot, I feel we have 4 equally dangerous lines right now.

why? Neither has done squat to this point, Anderson has looked almost foolish in the first 2 games. I mentioned a few Jackets running around taking themselves out of plays strictly to try and land a hit, he and Jenner are the two worst offenders so far

He`s a very good player but so far, he`s done little

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I didn't miss that comment actually. I responded to it. I singled out that guy, because that guy is notorious for pumping this notion that people on here want soft hockey. He also throws around that inconsiderate phrase "Disney Princess Brigade" to describe certain Bruins prospect/players because they don't fit that mold. He's been called out before to at least provide examples of his argument. All I was saying is that it took a new user to say one thing for him to finally show an example of what he whines about over and over again.

I'm not a fan from back in the 1980's but I still want physical hockey. I'm not specifying age groups here.
This is a hockey board. Folks have fun and use comparisons like that all over HF- he's not the only one. Also, that guy or gal your defending is not a new user, and he/she is even on the main boards spouting the same drivel. They started it, the guy you quoted gave it back like the rest of us. What about his or her comment about how wonderful of a team Toronto is, which made no sense?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
For all the posters who say that "there is nobody who says physical play is bad " and I'm using a straw man argument and being an a*****e when i pick on the Disney princess brigade I give you exhibit A of the "new" Bettman hockey fan.

No hitting, no fighting, nobody mean in the lineup and we all sing Kumbaya as the Hurricanes produce another post game display of idiocy. Like the slippery slope of American politics this is how it starts. Next bubble wrap and no slap shots because some one may get hurt.
I happen to like the Canes' post-win celebration. It's fun for the fans. gets them looking forward to a win, and engages them. Plus, the players seem to like it.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
why? Neither has done squat to this point, Anderson has looked almost foolish in the first 2 games. I mentioned a few Jackets running around taking themselves out of plays strictly to try and land a hit, he and Jenner are the two worst offenders so far

He`s a very good player but so far, he`s done little[/QUOTE]

Tell McAvoy and Chara that. His pressure on the forecheck has caused turnovers. He's a tremendous talent who also kills penalties and can take any Bruins out with a devastating bodycheck. Point totals don't come close to showing the value of Anderson.

He alone has laid two bone crushing checks on McAvoy and missed annihilating him on another, if he's out of the line-up,that's Huge!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tell McAvoy and Chara that. His pressure on the forecheck has caused turnovers. He's a tremendous talent who also kills penalties and can take any Bruins out with a devastating bodycheck. Point totals don't come close to showing the value of Anderson.

He alone has laid two bone crushing checks on McAvoy and missed annihilating him on another, if he's out of the line-up,that's Huge!

Charlie has also pounded him with a few and I`m not sure he`s so much as laid a glove on Z thus far. Kid is a very good talent, hasn`t done much in first 2 games and I hope he doesn`t the rest of the way but that`s unlikely but why are you asking if he`s out of the lineup or mention it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad