Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 3 - 4/30 7:11 PM - THE BEAR intends to silence that stupid cannon

Which team wins Game 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This is a hockey board. Folks have fun and use comparisons like that all over HF- he's not the only one. Also, that guy or gal your defending is not a new user, and he/she is even on the main boards spouting the same drivel. They started it, the guy you quoted gave it back like the rest of us. What about his or her comment about how wonderful of a team Toronto is, which made no sense?
The difference is, Fenian is NOTORIOUS for being over the top in his derogation of the Bruins when they don't play overly physical hockey, and in his calling for the return of 80's style play. That's why he got called out. These two have a little history too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Please tell me that your prediction doesn't include game 7 over time. Please, DKH. My old 80's love of physical playing hockey heart couldn't handle it!
I’m all about entertainment- if it gets to game 7 I want overtime, posts bring it, winning goals disallowed by Toronto review and eventually a game winner by our new whipping boy - Pasta

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Charlie has also pounded him with a few and I`m not sure he`s so much as laid a glove on Z thus far. Kid is a very good talent, hasn`t done much in first 2 games and I hope he doesn`t the rest of the way but that`s unlikely but why are you asking if he`s out of the lineup or mention it?

MvAvoy checking him has nothing to do with what Anderson brings to the Columbus line-up. Doesn't matter if he's laid a glove on Z, he's pressured Z numerous times forcing Z to rush his play.

Why was I asking if he was out of the line-up :huh: because you respond to a post by kthx of him asking if he or Nash were playing by saying. "why? Neither has done squat to this point"

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
MvAvoy checking him has nothing to do with what Anderson brings to the Columbus line-up. Doesn't matter if he's laid a glove on Z, he's pressured Z numerous times forcing Z to rush his play.

Why was I asking if he was out of the line-up :huh: because you respond to a post by kthx of him asking if he or Nash were playing by saying. "why? Neither has done squat to this point"
well that poster asked if either was playing which I responded to as I`d heard nothing about either being a possible no go for game 3 and other than Nash hitting DK he`s been average at best

Anyways we clearly see Anderson`s game thus far differently, popped onto the Jackets board to see what they are saying about the game/team with one fan in particular with a comment about Anderson needing a "bounce back game" so I`m guessing I`m not the only one who has seen little from him thus far

Anderson has the potential to be a game changer, over the first two games, he`s not done anything to break a game open

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
The difference is, Fenian is NOTORIOUS for being over the top in his derogation of the Bruins when they don't play overly physical hockey, and in his calling for the return of 80's style play. That's why he got called out. These two have a little history too.
Makes him a passionate fan- perhaps over the top to some, but many others agree with him, just say it differently.

I don't have a dog in the fight here, most of you know me well on here by now. I argue with many, but respect the heck out of you all, and you're free to argue with me back. I can be spitting mad at you in one thread, but if someone starts anything with you in another thread, I got your back. That's just how I am.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
well that poster asked if either was playing which I responded to as I`d heard nothing about either being a possible no go for game 3 and other than Nash hitting DK he`s been average at best

Anyways we clearly see Anderson`s game thus far differently, popped onto the Jackets board to see what they are saying about the game/team with one fan in particular with a comment about Anderson needing a "bounce back game" so I`m guessing I`m not the only one who has seen little from him thus far

Anderson has the potential to be a game changer, over the first two games, he`s not done anything to break a game open

Shame on that poster for not seeing what Anderson brings to that team. I for one am scared every time he hits the ice, that he's going to take a bruin out of this series with a devastating check. He also came real close in game one by clanking one of the post. He's the type of player you want in a seven game series as he's going to help wear down the opponent each and every shift he's on the ice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Shame on that poster for not seeing what Anderson brings to that team. I for one am scared every time he hits the ice, that he's going to take a bruin out of this series with a devastating check. He also came real close in game one by clanking one of the post. He's the type of player you want in a seven game series as he's going to help wear down the opponent each and every shift he's on the ice.

as I said, he can be a game changer but as I also said, all I see in the two games is a guy who, in game 2 as an example, was so focused on hitting Charlie on one shift, then Clifton on the other that the puck was in the neutral zone before he was close to leaving the offensive zone. I`ve watched the Bruins do this for decades vs the Habs, so obsessed with taking heads off, left completely out of position. Anderson is a smart player, Torts is a relatively smart coach, he`ll preach toughness but discipline and Anderson focusing solely on laying the body isn`t working, if he balances his game out, he`s incredibly tough to play against

Reactions: lopey

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
For all the posters who say that "there is nobody who says physical play is bad " and I'm using a straw man argument and being an a*****e when i pick on the Disney princess brigade I give you exhibit A of the "new" Bettman hockey fan.

No hitting, no fighting, nobody mean in the lineup and we all sing Kumbaya as the Hurricanes produce another post game display of idiocy. Like the slippery slope of American politics this is how it starts. Next bubble wrap and no slap shots because some one may get hurt.

No one says this in here, no one.

In fact the poster you replied to as an example is a terrible example. They were just using reverse logic to take a shot at you.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I'll take the L for Saturday, I was out at my cabin and forgot to wear my lucky socks. Apologies to my fellow Bruin fans, I will have them on for tonights game, hopefully the wife washed them while I was away.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
B's need to keep on doing what they've been doing, just find a way to pot a couple more goals and avoid the disastrous turnovers. The overall gameplan and strategy have been solid against the Jackets. All is going to boil down to who is able to step up and add the needed offense. Just f***ing win!

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->