Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! - CBJ 3 BRUINS 2 2OT - Series tied 1-1

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I still can’t believe they lost that game last night . That was right up there with the game 1 stinker vs the Leafs . That’s the Bruins for ya , just when I think they are gaining some traction the wheels fall off .

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I still can’t believe they lost that game last night . That was right up there with the game 1 stinker vs the Leafs . That’s the Bruins for ya , just when I think they are gaining some traction the wheels fall off .
playoff games are basically coin flips

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
same here. they were in complete control.
a couple bad turnovers to the wrong guy.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
2011 team wouldnt beat anyone, they would be caught behind the play trying to cycle while everyone skates by them

Maybe not at their age today

Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Seguin, Paille, Horton and Peverley (8 years ago) were not slow, and were all great passers and playmakers.

The defensive depth of the 2011 Bruins (8 years ago) was among the best in the league, with Chara, Boychuk, Ference, Seidenberg, McQuaid and Kaberle

Then sprinkle in some clutch performers like Lucic, Kelly, Ryder, Recchi, Campbell, Thornton and Thomas and you have a solid winning team (even by today's standards)

This 2019 team IMO would have a hard time winning games against the 2011 Bruins

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Maybe not at their age today

Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Seguin, Paille, Horton and Peverley (8 years ago) were not slow, and were all great passers and playmakers.

The defensive depth of the 2011 Bruins (8 years ago) was among the best in the league, with Chara, Boychuk, Ference, Seidenberg, McQuaid and Kaberle

Then sprinkle in some clutch performers like Lucic, Kelly, Ryder, Recchi, Campbell, Thornton and Thomas and you have a solid winning team (even by today's standards)

This 2019 team IMO would have a hard time winning games against the 2011 Bruins
The 2019 team is still in its formative stage . We really don’t know what they are made of just yet . They are off to a good start , they faced some adversity vs the Leafs and overcame it but it is only round 1 .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
1. The Bruins look tired. Many turnovers is usually a sign of fatigue.
2. Pasta and Bergeron have to be injured. Something isn't right.
3. Bruins need to put traffic in front of Bobrovsky. He is in the zone and the Bruins need to make life difficult for him.
4. Columbus has been using three defenseman. Boston needs to pound Jones, Werenski, and Savard every chance they get. This will pay dividends as the series goes on. ( agree with this comment). I would add that Panarin and Duchene need to be hit as well and they will wilt. Columbus took some major hits to Marchand and Pasta. Though I like the message Chara sent to Riley Nash, I would make Columbus's scoring threats pay as well.
5. Thank Tuukka for keeping the Bruins in both games so far.

I would say the bolded are the main points of concentration. Hit 'em hard as often as possible. Every time they take a dirty swipe at a Krejci, DeBrusk, Pasta, Gryz, Krug hit Panarin etc that much more/harder. I don't see ANY aspect to Columbus' game that the Bruins can't beat or match. The only thing I worry about is the accumulated wear that the B's were exposed to in the series against Toronto. The only thing that can beat the B's in this series are injuries incurred then.
IMO, right now the Bruins don't have any passengers, only players showing their wear.
Here's hoping that the big 4 can overcome whatever physical damage they may be dealing with.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Frustrating tilt to say the least. Any Torts coached team plays with a focus on physicality and a focus on filling up lanes when trying to get shots through.

I don`t think the B`s have applied anywhere close to the proper approach either on the PP or even strength. If you want to spread out a team who plays like the Jackets, your passes have to be quick, have to be made without hesitation. On the PP, which has been the strength all season, I`m sitting on my couch knowing precisely where the next pass is going (telegraphed) and screaming at whomever has the puck to move the bloody thing rather than hold onto it too long.

Pasta isn`t right, clearly not comfortable in shooting/handling the puck, this isn`t the guy we have seen play this year prior to the injury. I`m not one to try and make an excuse but he didn`t suddenly become horrific at passing and shooting. I do however like the fact that he planted his arse right in front on the goal he got where Coyle did all the work on.

I have a bigger concern with Jake, where the he** is he?

Jackets goals all came off giveaways, sort of the way it happens come playoff time, the teams who protect the puck and who cash in or prevent goals on special teams often win.

Bergy`s penalty was a no brainer but when we watched two separate occasions , not sure if they were in the first OT or 2nd, two occasions where Jacket players literally hauled down a Bruins player go uncalled, I honestly thought the standard was set which is what truly pis**d me off when they called that one.

Haven`t felt one bit like the Jackets physical game has played much of a role so far, actually felt the B`s were the team whose physical play had more of an affect, there`s hitting with a purpose then there is running around, watching Anderson completely taking himself out of plays now at least a dozen times over the first few games as he`s trying to land the big hit, misses and then is out of the play.

Gonna be a long series, B`s need a rest and they`ll get it. But they need all hands on deck from Pasta and DeBrusk

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^in spades!
I really feel that Pasta and JBD are injured beyond what we know. They could both have more than one injury IMO. Pasta the thumb and maybe a shoulder (since his skating doesn't look that bad at all). DeBrusk looks like a knee problem and a lesser issue but the knee is probably the big issue with him since he looks to have lost a step.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I like these posts “oh, I just loved that style that the 2011 Bruins played <3”.

You like that they won the Stanley Cup. If they don’t win their final game in Vancouver, you’re not even talking about that team.

Which brings us back to the insanity that is a bunch of these posts after a team loses a playoff game, after winning the three prior. “Just when I thought they were gaining traction, the wheels came off”.

Yup, round 2 series tied 1-1. Damn this team. If only we could have the perfect lovable team of 2011.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure what Miller's injury is. Someone said a "a broken knee cap?" If that's true he's done for this post season.
IMO you won't see Kevan in the playoffs. It Is too bad as the B's could use that physical type player.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
The 2010-11 team would run them out of the building.

We used to have REAL tough guys ...
I agree wholeheartedly, hence why I said Bergy and Brad need someone tough on their line, as they're getting knocked around night after night in both series, which has shut Bergy down completely. Brad somehow managed to overcome that at least in the first round. Danton has played great with them, but he's not a tough guy. Krejci's line- same issue. DeBrusk has been hacked and chopped at in both series as well. Krejci is obviously playing hurt, and while he's making the effort out there, he, too, could use someone on his line to deal with these guys going after him and DeBrusk.

We have guys that are physical in terms of play, but tough, they aren't. Same on defense- the only tough one is Chara.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
they lose because of Coyle turnover and inability to stay of of the BOX
Yet, he's been one of our best players in both series. It sure would have been nice if one of our other forwards or defensemen bailed him out after that turnover and actually scored. He also set up Pasta's goal- all Pasta had to do was leave his skate there, and in the net it went. Personally I feel bad for him- he plays hard all night long. I admit, I cussed when I saw the turnover, it frustrated me that one mistake lead to a goal like that. However, Coyle is the least of our problems in this playoffs.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Disagree..why not Debrusk with his back pass to Pastrnsk... could have scored. Or Chara will his bad attempt at clearing. bergeron not scor8ng in overtime... PK didn’t come as good...
they lost because of alot of little things and could have won because of alot little things
Bergeron was busy trying to stand up because a defenseman was all over him and finally hooked him down to the ice. I admit, Bergy hasn't been great in terms of getting on the score sheet, but again, both him and Brad need a tough guy on their line to help offset the constant attacks on them. I do think Bergy is giving his all, but both Toronto and Columbus can shut him and at times Brad down because as good as Danton has been, he's not a tough guy, he doesn't draw their players to himself or knock them on their tales to open up some space for Bergy and Brad.

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yet, he's been one of our best players in both series. It sure would have been nice if one of our other forwards or defensemen bailed him out after that turnover and actually scored. He also set up Pasta's goal- all Pasta had to do was leave his skate there, and in the net it went. Personally I feel bad for him- he plays hard all night long. I admit, I cussed when I saw the turnover, it frustrated me that one mistake lead to a goal like that. However, Coyle is the least of our problems in this playoffs.

well said, unfortunate as he`s played so well that this mistake cost the boys but hard to come down on a guy who has played such a key role for the team through one full series and first few games of another

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I would say the bolded are the main points of concentration. Hit 'em hard as often as possible. Every time they take a dirty swipe at a Krejci, DeBrusk, Pasta, Gryz, Krug hit Panarin etc that much more/harder. I don't see ANY aspect to Columbus' game that the Bruins can't beat or match. The only thing I worry about is the accumulated wear that the B's were exposed to in the series against Toronto. The only thing that can beat the B's in this series are injuries incurred then.
IMO, right now the Bruins don't have any passengers, only players showing their wear.
Here's hoping that the big 4 can overcome whatever physical damage they may be dealing with.
But WHO is going to do it? Who is going to hit hard? Krejci is injured, and both him and DeBrusk have guys crawling all over them all night long, shutting them down- DeBrusk gets hacked and whacked at constantly. Pasta isn't going to defend them or throw checks around- I'm wondering if he's aggravated his injury, as he clearly isn't playing up to his usual par.

Who is going to hit on Bergy's line? We want them to score, right? Danton has played very well- I have no issues with him, but he's not going to bang guys around all night while Bergy and Marchy try to score. We need to get a couple of tough guys up on the first two lines. I don't think Wagner is completely recovered from his injury, as he's been quieter in a physical sense. Maybe move Kuraly up to the first line? Who could we move to Krejci's line? What to do with Pasta?

Reactions: Strafer and Ladyfan

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I like these posts “oh, I just loved that style that the 2011 Bruins played <3”.

You like that they won the Stanley Cup. If they don’t win their final game in Vancouver, you’re not even talking about that team.

Which brings us back to the insanity that is a bunch of these posts after a team loses a playoff game, after winning the three prior. “Just when I thought they were gaining traction, the wheels came off”.

Yup, round 2 series tied 1-1. Damn this team. If only we could have the perfect lovable team of 2011.
I don't understand this post at all. We're talking about the lack of physical and tough guys to balance out our top two lines. They both need someone to help clear a path so they can get to the net. Lucic and Horton were tough guys- they could not only play physical and tough, they helped on the score sheet. They took care of other players while leaving Krejci to do his thing and score. Right now, we're depending on our two bottom lines to do it all, because our top lines are being shut down night after night- there needs to be a balance.

Reactions: Strafer

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
well said, unfortunate as he`s played so well that this mistake cost the boys but hard to come down on a guy who has played such a key role for the team through one full series and first few games of another
Agree. It's frustrating me to see people pile on this guy- he's a damn hard worker, never takes a shift off. I am sure no one is harder on himself than Coyle is right now for that turnover. Yet some folks keep focusing on that one mistake, when the rest of the team made plenty of others and didn't light the lamp up.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Patriots teams are constantly compared to the Patriots of the past. If Malcom Butler doesnt catch that ball that team wouldn't be remembered as well similar to the 07 and 12 Pats.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
IMO you won't see Kevan in the playoffs. It Is too bad as the B's could use that physical type player.

I'm definitely one of his biggest fans, but it might be time to put him out to pasture. Probably won't get anything of value at all in a trade, so they'll likely keep him for next year and either look to move him at the deadline (if he can somehow make his stock a little more valuable) or simply not re-sign him after that. Just too injury-prone and we've got a bunch of young guys ready to step in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad