Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! - CBJ 3 BRUINS 2 2OT - Series tied 1-1

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Didn’t say he was physical ... said he was Boston top 6 more physical player. That is a huge difference in what I said and what you read.

you are going to have the explain the nuasnces of this sentence then, if you aren't saying he was physical.

Bergeron is our more physical top 6 player and that tells alot.

i find it hard for somone who isnt physical to be 'more' physical.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
you are going to have the explain the nuasnces of this sentence then, if you aren't saying he was physical.

i find it hard for somone who isnt physical to be 'more' physical.
Simple the top 6 has no physicality... as for hitting snd tearing down opponents d.. etc... but Bergeron is the top 6 that goes in the dirty area and positionning in front of the net. If it isn’t clear enough... well i don’t know how to explain it better...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Fair points Odaat. I think in one game, the third one, Backes would have the speed needed to load a couple of hits. Again, he was St-Louis captain and know what it takes, what he needs to do. Then we will see. Columbus ain’t playing Toronto high speed game. It is sad not to take avantage of Backes leadership and size. Just my pov
just not sure his leadership and size, at this stage is warranted or would have any impact.

I`ve been wrong a million times, what`s one more, now, if the B`s get shoved around Tuesday, might tend to lean his way but haven`t seen that yet

Biggest issue in this series and the Leafs series was primary scoring is struggling, B`s are getting the depth scoring ironically but our big boys need to wake up

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
just not sure his leadership and size, at this stage is warranted or would have any impact.

I`ve been wrong a million times, what`s one more, now, if the B`s get shoved around Tuesday, might tend to lean his way but haven`t seen that yet

Biggest issue in this series and the Leafs series was primary scoring is struggling, B`s are getting the depth scoring ironically but our big boys need to wake up
Yeah who would have thought we would be getting secondary scoring,and that the top line would have disappeared on the scoreboard.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Simple the top 6 has no physicality... as for hitting snd tearing down opponents d.. etc... but Bergeron is the top 6 that goes in the dirty area and positionning in front of the net. If it isn’t clear enough... well i don’t know how to explain it better...

probably should have explained it like that cause the original statement wasn't to clear if that's what you meant.

not sure i agree at that though.

Pasta goes into the corners, Marchand will, Krejci will, Debrusk.

i don't think you see much of that this series because they are losing those battles.

but i guess when i hear someone talk about physical play, i think of both hitting and being hit.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

Agree with you. I have been wrong so many times i can’t quantify the number of times so...but imdo like Backes alot

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
probably should have explained it like that cause the original statement wasn't to clear if that's what you meant.

not sure i agree at that though.

Pasta goes into the corners, Marchand will, Krejci will, Debrusk.

i don't think you see much of that this series because they are losing those battles.

but i guess when i hear someone talk about physical play, i think of both hitting and being hit.
Most see only the hitting part. Louis Erickson was called soft snd i did disgree with them. Boston top 6 ain’t soft, but they don’t tear down opponents d by hitting.

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Problem with Backes coming in is who sits?
Leave the fourth line intact they are all playing good and they all kill penalties

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
No one killed them very well last night unfortunately.
You are right there
Although their penalty kill is usually good it’s frustrating to watch as a fan because the opponent moves the puck all over the ice for long stretches and then shooting from all over

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
To me it's pretty simple. Puck management will dictate how this series goes. We take care of the puck, we win. We don't, we let the Bluejacksts back in the series.

Prime example was last nights game. We beat ourselves because we did not take care of the puck.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
To me it's pretty simple. Puck management will dictate how this series goes. We take care of the puck, we win. We don't, we let the Bluejacksts back in the series.

Prime example was last nights game. We beat ourselves because we did not take care of the puck.

If the first two lines start to produce we will beat them, they are no more physical or talented than we are. Columbus is getting production for the guys they expect. We are not.

Reactions: jangerhofer

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Self-inflicted loss for sure. So many give-aways and bad puck management. The Coyle give-away was horrible. He had all the time in the world to turn around and take a good look at his options. Really thought he'd redeem himself after that as he did in the previous game. Perhaps next game he'll be extra motivated to get one back.

I don't know what's wrong with Pasta. Was assuming he had re-injured his thumb or perhaps got slashed on the wrist or something, but I think it's mental. He's making dumb decisions. He looks nervous.

DeBrusk needs to simplify things and stop trying to make the golden play. That play where he and Pasta has a 2-on-1 and he had a clear shot on net, but passed it backwards to Pasta, who was covered - made no sense. Just get it to the net. Although I wonder if JDB is playing through an injury. He really hasn't been himself since the Kadri headshot.

I feel bad for Krejci, because with Pasta and DeBrusk playing sup-par, it really hobbles that line when Pasta is on it.

Rask has been great, thankfully.

Yeah, as others have said, the B's have played every other day since the playoffs began. Having a couple of days off may do them some good. I think, by and large, they've been the better team. Just regroup, rest up and play smart-simple road games for these next two.

I wouldn't mind if Backes steps in, maybe for Wagner, or maybe even try Kuhlman on DK's RW, Pasta with 63-37, and drop Heinen to Coyle's RW.

Reactions: jangerhofer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad