Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! - CBJ 3 BRUINS 2 2OT - Series tied 1-1

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm definitely one of his biggest fans, but it might be time to put him out to pasture. Probably won't get anything of value at all in a trade, so they'll likely keep him for next year and either look to move him at the deadline (if he can somehow make his stock a little more valuable) or simply not re-sign him after that. Just too injury-prone and we've got a bunch of young guys ready to step in.
I am a big fan and I say lets see. If he is OK to go I keep him,

What the B's are missing right now is more guys who play a hard game. I hate seeing our guys getting crushed out there. Miller would have been great to have in this series.

I know he had a tough injury year but that hit to the throat was just weird. He is a good leader on the team

I hope he will be fine and on the B's next season.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

What the B's are missing right now is more guys who play a hard game. I hate seeing our guys getting crushed out there. Miller would have been great to have in this series.

I know he had a tough injury year but that hit to the throat was just weird. He is a good leader on the team

Agreed. I'd rather use his cap hit to resign Mojo or something but if we have the room keep him around. I think Clifton has taken his spot and our RD is locked up for the next 5 years though.

The last few playoff runs our 8/9/10 D men on the depth chart have all suited up. Kampfer has played in a playoff game this year for us and Tommy Cross played in the Ottawa series. If we move him we are going to cough up a 3rd or 4th rounder for a similar player at the deadline to be a depth guy most likely.

Why do that if you can just keep him?

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agreed. I'd rather use his cap hit to resign Mojo or something but if we have the room keep him around. I think Clifton has taken his spot and our RD is locked up for the next 5 years though.

The last few playoff runs our 8/9/10 D men on the depth chart have all suited up. Kampfer has played in a playoff game this year for us and Tommy Cross played in the Ottawa series. If we move him we are going to cough up a 3rd or 4th rounder for a similar player at the deadline to be a depth guy most likely.

I would have kept Quaider too

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Someone like Frederic becoming a Backes type player would make a big difference for the top 9.

Aside from him, I don't get the sense there is much more in the tough/size/nasty potential department coming from our prospects.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

His contract is up after next season. Knowing what you know today.........and of course knowing that things could change in the next 9 or so months when you will have to make the decision.....do you extend him?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I like these posts “oh, I just loved that style that the 2011 Bruins played <3”.

You like that they won the Stanley Cup. If they don’t win their final game in Vancouver, you’re not even talking about that team.

Which brings us back to the insanity that is a bunch of these posts after a team loses a playoff game, after winning the three prior. “Just when I thought they were gaining traction, the wheels came off”.

Yup, round 2 series tied 1-1. Damn this team. If only we could have the perfect lovable team of 2011.

I love the 2019 Bruins, but when somebody posts "the 2011 team wouldn't beat anyone", I had to respond

I think the 2011 Bruins would've matched up very well against this Columbus team.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I agree wholeheartedly, hence why I said Bergy and Brad need someone tough on their line, as they're getting knocked around night after night in both series, which has shut Bergy down completely. Brad somehow managed to overcome that at least in the first round. Danton has played great with them, but he's not a tough guy. Krejci's line- same issue. DeBrusk has been hacked and chopped at in both series as well. Krejci is obviously playing hurt, and while he's making the effort out there, he, too, could use someone on his line to deal with these guys going after him and DeBrusk.

We have guys that are physical in terms of play, but tough, they aren't. Same on defense- the only tough one is Chara.

Brad is one helluva a hockey player, is tough as nails for his size and is fun to watch.

...give me 3 more Marchands so we'd have one on each line

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
But WHO is going to do it? Who is going to hit hard? Krejci is injured, and both him and DeBrusk have guys crawling all over them all night long, shutting them down- DeBrusk gets hacked and whacked at constantly. Pasta isn't going to defend them or throw checks around- I'm wondering if he's aggravated his injury, as he clearly isn't playing up to his usual par.

Who is going to hit on Bergy's line? We want them to score, right? Danton has played very well- I have no issues with him, but he's not going to bang guys around all night while Bergy and Marchy try to score. We need to get a couple of tough guys up on the first two lines. I don't think Wagner is completely recovered from his injury, as he's been quieter in a physical sense. Maybe move Kuraly up to the first line? Who could we move to Krejci's line? What to do with Pasta?

I was actually thinking of this. Kuraly has been uber physical too BUT as I think part of your point is he's another who has been injured too?!? I feel that if the Bs can muster enough physicality to do damage to a key piece or two, the CBJs will fold faster than we think.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I was actually thinking of this. Kuraly has been uber physical too BUT as I think part of your point is he's another who has been injured too?!? I feel that if the Bs can muster enough physicality to do damage to a key piece or two, the CBJs will fold faster than we think.

The Jackets key piece is obviously Panarin, although they do have other dangerous forwards

They like to play physical, and I don't expect them to fold to any time soon

Like I said after game 1 ...it's gonna be a battle

The team that wants it most (and stays healthier) is gonna win this series...

I just hope it's the Bruins

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
The third line has been, but they also aren't going up against the likes of Jones/Werenski and Savard every shift. Johansson and Coyle have been driving that line and by putting Pasta there with them would only make it more dangerous. Its a move that could also free Pasta up for some scoring chances and gets him going.
I don't think Pasta has earned the right to play on the number one line.

He's either hurt or is just in a funk, but either way he's been terrible and hasn't been productive at all. I'd stick him down on the third line and make him earn his way back up, even his PP duties have been lethargic and uninspiring, he shouldn't be on the first team unit, but that's just the way I feel.

This is the playoffs and it should be there's a no tomorrow type attitude and if someone isn't producing and Pasta right now is a mere shadow of himself you make changes before its too-late.

Good Call :thumbu:

Hopefully this gets Past out of his slump and gives Torts nightmare match-ups.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
His contract is up after next season. Knowing what you know today.........and of course knowing that things could change in the next 9 or so months when you will have to make the decision.....do you extend him?

Why would Kevan Miller get extended when we are set with Carlo/McAvoy/Clifton?

Keeping him next year is a different story I'd rather have him on the team than unused cap space.

But that means we go 8 deep. Him and one of Grizz/Moore is 7 and 8. I could live with all 8 on the roster.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Keeping him next year is a different story I'd rather have him on the team than unused cap space.

But that means we go 8 deep. Him and one of Grizz/Moore is 7 and 8. I could live with all 8 on the roster.

Yeah, he has one more year left and there's no need for an extension with their depth, unless he takes a team friendly extension knowing that he's more than likely a 6-8 defensman.

I also see him as being a wanted commodity around the league for what he brings and some team will want him as their #5 or 6 defenseman and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bruins deal him this off- season, but boy would I like to see him n the bruins line-up vs This Columbus team.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

So we agree.

Like I said, he'll be on the roster next season and will either (a) get traded at the deadline if he gets his trade value back up and they get a deal that makes sense or (2) we simply let him go at the end of next year. There is no scenario where I see them extend him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It’s more his ability to bail out Pasta who is a massive defensive liability. Neither are great at winning puck battles.

True, but there's very few who can do what Pasta can do offensively when he's on and Mojo hockey IQ is way above par, add that to Coyle and his ability to win board battles and maintain puck control. Im not too worried about this unit especially considering they should have some favorable match-ups.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Seems you are suggesting the B's should try to injure key BJacket players.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Seems you are suggesting the B's should try to injure key BJacket players.
Hmmm, yeah I didn't mean to injure but it did read that way. More of an attitude of wear then down, hit them before they hit us. Nash's hit on DK was a little late and Chara DID hit him to make it hurt so there's that. It is a war of attrition, a last man standing kind of deal but I didn't mean to do someone dirty. More of an "eye for an eye" statement. I know that and "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" but let's face it the way Kuraly was hit do you think that Tortarella is dissuading his players from playing that way? I don't, IMO he's a win at all costs kind of guy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A line with Pasta & Mojo on the wings concerns me defensively. Butch won’t stick with it long if they’re not playing responsible.
you watching any games? Mojo is far from a defensive liability, Pasta concerns me at times, when he`s scoring, not a shock he plays better in all 3 zones, when he`s struggling or frustrated as he`s been, not so much

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00