Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ACF GAME 6 - Goodbye Columbus???

Which team wins Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
letting your best goal scorer play through it was always the correct decision
Nothing wrong with that. That is the right thing. It’s always good when the team wins and you got time that you could figure things out. Everyone benefits from it, the team and Pasta. I do think Pasta’s slump is over. That game 5 gave him tons of confidence.

Reactions: Strafer

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
letting your best goal scorer play through it was always the correct decision

Easy to say after last night. 9 of 12 playoff games he has looked bad.... if he sat one of them maybe we beat Toronto in 6 or Columbus in 5 because he turned around faster. Never will know. I think many believed he must have been hurt bad being that he was the worst player on the ice several nights. If he was hurt a little time to heal is not a bad thing.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Easy to say after last night. 9 of 12 playoff games he has looked bad.... if he sat one of them maybe we beat Toronto in 6 or Columbus in 5 because he turned around faster. Never will know. I think many believed he must have been hurt bad being that he was the worst player on the ice several nights. If he was hurt a little time to heal is not a bad thing.
The other side of things if pasta sits, Who’s coming in? Wagner? Kulhman?Accari? Backes? But don’t know if Backes is an option since he is replacing Kulhman. The options are limited. Sit him for his play or you think he’s hurt and wanna rest him a little.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Anyone who says “I told you so..” is full of it. He was god awful and didn’t deserve to be on ice most of playoffs except for last night and one game in TOR series.

I’m as glad as anyone he seems to be playing better but that’s was looking disturbingly awful.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They really need to win tomorrow. I would hate for then to go right into another series against a rested team.

The top line is clicking, Rask is playing out of his mind, we've had a good amount of secondary scoring, CBJ's D seems to tiring. There is no reason the Bruins can't win tomorrow. I am expecting a win.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I wanted Pasta to keep playing and work himself out of his slump, but I can't blame anybody for wanting him to sit out a game the way he was playing like dog****

Thankfully he had a big game yesterday and hopefully another one tomorrow

Go Bruins!!!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I wanted Pasta to keep playing and work himself out of his slump, but I can't blame anybody for wanting him to sit out a game the way he was playing like dog****

Thankfully he had a big game yesterday and hopefully another one tomorrow

Go Bruins!!!

Exactly , I was not among the" sit Pasta" crowd but if you didn't see why they were saying that,maybe hockey is not for you. Incredibly, Pasta has been nothing short of a liability on most nights.

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
Bob looked like his dog got hit by a car after each of those last two Bruins goals.

Let's hope he is starting to wear down and is both mentally and physically drained going into Game 6.

Meanwhile, Tuukka is all...

raw%2B%25281%2529.gif

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I’m tired of game 7 drama.

When was the last time they closed a series in less than 7?

Wingz in 2014

In all fairness, the B's have only won two playoff series since then (both of the first-rounders vs. Toronto).

Bruins are in their 21st playoff series since the current core came together and have won 12. Of the previous 20, 11 have gone to Game 7 (and nine of the 11 have been at the Garden). B's are 6-5 in Game 7s and 5-4 at the Garden.

Also, 3 sweeps (all wins), 3 5-game series (2-1), 3 6-game series (1-2). Interestingly, in each series that went 6, the Bruins did *not* have home-ice advantage, so the series ended at the Garden (of the 20 series, 16 have ended at the Garden. The only ones that haven't were the 2008 loss to Montreal, the 2009 sweep of Montreal, the Stanley Cup in 2011 and the loss to Tampa Bay last year).

Since the rejuvenation, it's been a *lot* of 7-game series
2008: lost to Habs in 7
2009: swept Habs, lost to Canes in 7 (OT at home)
2010: beat Sabres in 6, lost to Flyers in 7 (at home)
2011: beat Habs in 7 (OT at home), swept Flyers, beat Lightning in 7 (at home), beat Canucks in 7 (on road)
2012: lost to Caps in 7 (OT at home)
2013: beat Leafs in 7 (OT at home), beat Rangers in 5, swept Pens, lost to Blackhawks in 6
2014: beat Wings in 5, lost to Habs in 7 (at home)
2017: lost to Sens in 6 (ended in OT at home)
2018: beat Leafs in 7 (at home), lost to Lightning in 5
2019: beat Leafs in 7 (at home) ...

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
NBA has traditionally trounced the NHL in playoff ratings but this year the gap is narrowing.

View attachment 224627
The unexpected drama of the Kentucky Derby provided a large lead-in audience for Columbus-Boston Game 5 on NBC. The result was a 3.22 overnight rating, the second-highest overnight for a Stanley Cup Playoff game on record (since 1994), excluding Stanley Cup Final games. Blue Jackets-Bruins Game 5 trails only a 3.27 overnight rating for Chicago-Anaheim in 2015, which was a Game 7 of the Western Conference Final, among non-Stanley Cup Final games. Last night’s game was up 12% vs. last year’s Pittsburgh-Washington Game 5 (2.87), which also led out of the Kentucky Derby.

Columbus delivered a 15.2 local rating for Game 5, NBC Sports’ highest rating on record for an NHL game in the market. Boston scored a 15.1 rating.

Last night’s late Stanley Cup Playoff Game 5 between Colorado and San Jose delivered a 0.75 overnight rating, up 75% vs. the comparable game last year (Winnipeg-Nashville; 0.58).

Locally, Denver delivered a 9.1 rating, NBC Sports’ highest rating on record for an NHL game in the market. San Jose produced a 3.4 rating.

NBA has traditionally trounced the NHL in playoff ratings but this year the gap is narrowing.

View attachment 224627
The unexpected drama of the Kentucky Derby provided a large lead-in audience for Columbus-Boston Game 5 on NBC. The result was a 3.22 overnight rating, the second-highest overnight for a Stanley Cup Playoff game on record (since 1994), excluding Stanley Cup Final games. Blue Jackets-Bruins Game 5 trails only a 3.27 overnight rating for Chicago-Anaheim in 2015, which was a Game 7 of the Western Conference Final, among non-Stanley Cup Final games. Last night’s game was up 12% vs. last year’s Pittsburgh-Washington Game 5 (2.87), which also led out of the Kentucky Derby.

Columbus delivered a 15.2 local rating for Game 5, NBC Sports’ highest rating on record for an NHL game in the market. Boston scored a 15.1 rating.

Last night’s late Stanley Cup Playoff Game 5 between Colorado and San Jose delivered a 0.75 overnight rating, up 75% vs. the comparable game last year (Winnipeg-Nashville; 0.58).

Locally, Denver delivered a 9.1 rating, NBC Sports’ highest rating on record for an NHL game in the market. San Jose produced a 3.4 rating.

Thank you for all this information, it truly makes this game an event. Bruins are a Storm.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad