Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ACF GAME 6 - Goodbye Columbus???

Which team wins Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
I do not want another game 7. I think the B's have shaken Bob, the rebounds he gives have been there for the taking all series long, the B's need to get to them first and put this away.

The Blue Jackets didn't seem as physical last game, maybe it has taken a toll. Does anyone know why they dressed 7 D yesterday? Injuries?
I would posit (though it’s strictly a guess) that it was a consequence of Tortorella’s usage of Jones in particular but also the other members of the top four defensemen and the insertion of Gavrikov into his first NHL game.

Reactions: Strafer and caz16

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.jpg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Been meaning to say "**** you" to all the people who wanted Pasta benched.

Anyways. Let's go Bruins!!!!

Now, wait a minute.

Several here, myself included, believed that if David was injured & a liability on the ice, he should not be in the lineup. I stand by that.

You can't have a guy fanning on shots and giving up multiple short-handed chances. That's what was happening, and it seemed clear #88 was not right.

Rather doubt anyone was saying, "Get rid of him. He's a bum. Run him out of town."

There was legitimate concern, and there still is. Nothing wrong in calling a spade a spade.

DP is an elite offensive talent and is learning to play the game "the right way," unlike many other high end skill guys. I hope his thumb, or whatever has bothered him, is improving.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Assuming Adam McQuaid knows he is done for the year with injury, and considering he is a UFA July 1 and thus would have no allegiance to CBJ at that point, I wonder if deep down he is actually cheering for the Bruins in this series.
It wouldn't surprise me. He is good friends with several of the B's. I know some of the guys who work behind the bench really like Quaider too.

I am sure he has to keep it to himself and can't openly cheer for the B's as he is employed by the CBJ.

I hope Adam will be OK health wise. He is such a loyal and good guy.

aguineapig

Proud Papa just getting back from Grandaughter"s play "Annie". In 24 hours we get a chance to muzzle the Columbus Red Coats and that damn cannon. Tell Pierre Luc to bend over i know where they can put it for the summer.
Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love you tomorrow
It's only a day away!

Reactions: BMC

theplayer

Apr 20, 2014
Part of me feels like Columbus is already looking forward to Game 7.

MAYBE the Bruins can use that to their advantage if they jump out early and put the Blue Jackets in the hole. Deflate the Jackets and the crowd early, and choke them out.

The first couple of goals will be critical. If the Bruins can jump out 2-0, I think Columbus might roll over. We’ll see.
roll over? I don't think you have been watching closely enough.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
What kind of flukey goal will CBJ get tomorrow?

We're just missing a goaltender interference screw-up now right? PLD lifts Tuukka in the air and throws him to the ice while the puck goes in the net and it obviously counts.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Been meaning to say "**** you" to all the people who wanted Pasta benched.

Anyways. Let's go Bruins!!!!
You understand they wanted him benched because he was playing like shit and a liability and they thought if he sat a game he might play like he did last night? Let’s hope he continue to play like last night. Because he was great.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
You understand they wanted him benched because he was playing like **** and a liability and they thought if he sat a game he might play like he did last night? Let’s hope he continue to play like last night. Because he was great.
And they were stupid.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Finish them off. It would be great if they can close them out on the road. Plus we can say F the cannon. But of course this won’t be easy by any stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad