Series Talk: ECSF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Who Will Win This Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I picked B`s in 6 as well friend. While I certainly have "concerns" about the Bolts, I believe my concerns when facing them are one`s the B`s have shown they can overcome vs the Bolts where vs the Leafs, for whatever reason, they struggled to do.

I think the D of the Bolts can be exposed, yep, Hedman is a tremendous D-man but I think despite them picking up Mc D, that back end of theirs vs a deeper team like the B`s can be worn down.

The Bolts present similar challenges up front, loads of speed and skill but in the games I watched vs the Bolts, the B`s, outside of the last game where the Bolts were clearly the better team, the B`s frustrated them, they didn`t chase the Bolts around, forcing them to make plays. Once you start chasing them, your playing right into their hands.

I hope you are right . My feeling is that tbay really has the best or 2nd best team on paper to Nashville but for whatever reason they have never totally put it together this yr especially since they acquired McD . Tbay usually brings an A game come playoff time so that scares me . Toronto is with out a doubt the hardest team for Boston to keep down in goals against us .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm one of the guilty one's -- will freely admit it. I was annngrrry and telling Butch to pull Rask. Turns out I know squat.

I simplY could not believe we couldn't buckle down and not give the game away. I started watching B's in 1970 when as a young boy we moved to the US and not sure I'd been more pissed than the other night (OK, too many men Habs debacle might have got under my skin a bit:naughty:).

I'm back though. Young Jake DeBrusk put me and the rest of the team on his shoulders and carried me through!!!!!:laugh:
There are times I would have put Dobby in to but they don't listen to me.

I want one win in Tampa for the next two games. Of course it the B's win game 1 I will want two :naughty:

Reactions: caz16

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@Ladyfan , what happened with those seats last season? I must have missed it :P

That sucks about the kid and his dad, too many parents these days hover over their kids and don't give them any realistic consequences

Then they wonder why when they're kid is getting into trouble in some form or another as they get older.

Good on the security guard for seeing what was going on. You just don't do that during an anthem. Bottom line
I think you know during a Detroit game I had to punch a guy. It's the only time in my 65 years I have ever hit anyone and I hope the last.

Anyway Z felt bad and gave me a stick so all was good.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
There are times I would have put Dobby in to but they don't listen to me.

I want one win in Tampa for the next two games. Of course it the B's win game 1 I will want two :naughty:

Ha ha...... sometimes in life it is perfectly acceptable to be a touch greedy. :laugh: I think the situation you describe is the PERFECT scenario for a little self-indulgence!

Go B's.....

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sorry to hear that. I mean, is it that hard to not be a jerk? First of all, the anthem is about 2:36 long. All you have to do is stand there quietly, and then cheer. Never seemed that complicated to me, but every game I go to no matter where some yahoo has to scream something. Drives me nuts! And as for this guy and his kid, that's some A+ parenting right there. Cripes.... I've told my son over and over, you have a simple choice all day long, ask yourself "Should I act like a jerk, or not?" It's that simple. We can obviously tell which choice this guy took!

Good luck round 2 @Ladyfan , cheer loud for the boys and let 'em know we're with them!!!
The thing is I visit other arenas to see the B's. You don't go to other teams barns and behave like a jackass.

This guy and his kid were sitting on the B's side and shouting insults at the B's...while Rene was singing.
Disrespectful in so many ways.

Not a good role module for the 12 year old. His kid was amused that his dad was flipping me off and poking me in the shoulder . I really wanted to rip into the guy but after last year I decided to let the guards deal with it....and they did.

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The thing is I visit other arenas to see the B's. You don't go to other teams barns and behave like a jackass.

This guy and his kid were sitting on the B's side and shouting insults at the B's...while Rene was singing.
Disrespectful in so many ways.

Not a good role module for the 12 year old. His kid was amused that his dad was flipping me off and poking me in the shoulder . I really wanted to rip into the guy but after last year I decided to let the guards deal with it....and they did.

Classy. I too have never had a problem with any Leafs fans until this year (Game 1) when a drunken idiot got up in my face over whether the Kadri hit was charging or boarding and "Which is worse? Huh?". :huh:

Apparently having a winning season more than once a decade brings out the ass holes.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
31356191_10214999786840835_9163516238746353664_n.jpg

Reactions: Alicat

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
If I remember correctly we had 4 7 game series in 2011. I would still prefer we put Tampa away and get ourselves some rest. Worse case scenario for me though is my local team moves onto the next round which isn't so bad, I like seeing the way Tampa gets into hockey. But I'll definitely be disappointed if it is Tampa moving on, lets go Bruins!

Three. We swept Philly

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Dont want to jinx it

but Tampa does not make me sweat like the Leafs did

Bruins historically have done well vs Tampa. Stamkos, Kucherov line will not only be neutralized, I expect a nice offensive output agains them from the Bergeron line

The only other player outside of this line that worries me a tad is that annoying buzzing bee Point. He is like their Jake Debrusk. Really fast and has some nice skills. Need matchup him up with Grz when he is out on the ice as much as possible

Need more from Rick and Riley Nash this series

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Holy cow! Glad you didn't get in trouble for punching him. I'm Sure he had it coming ;)
He got tossed after he shoved me so hard that I almost flew into the row in front (My sis grabbed my arm thank God...She ended up getting his elbow in her head) He also punched 2 security guards and tried to punch another woman.

After he shoved me he was in my face with his beer breath so I punched him. His glasses went flying and thankfully a security guard was there (he was already going to get tossed). It would have been a really bad story if the guard wasn't right there. I baked him some cookies for helping me :D

The guys who work behind the bench gave my sis an ice bag for the egg forming on her forehead. I had a huge purple black and blue on my hip from hitting the seat in front of me when he shoved.

This happened when the B's were coming out on the ice for the third. I was high fiving them as I always do until the drunk shoved me. All of the players were looking over at the disturbance.

After the game (B's won) They had the 3 stars of the game give away sticks. Big Z gave me one and asked if I was OK. It was sweet of him.

The guy was arrested and is not allowed into the Garden for any event. I am not sure how they prevent him from getting in but if he gets caught he will get arrested (again) for trespassing.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Wow that's nuts

So basically just a large child unhappy that you were enjoying yourself an drew high giving the Bruins high fives

See it in my classroom all the time, it's just that this is 5-10 year olds not a grown as man :laugh:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I think Tampa is the more talented team, but they have had an easy enough time at the regular season I feel like their weakness is getting comfortable and not having the fire necessary to raise their game in the playoffs. They even had a really easy time against NJ and I could see them playing with too much confidence. I don't know what is going to happen it helps we usually have their number but I don't want to get overconfident myself. Looking forward to this series without a doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00