Who Will Win This Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That sounds like something Leafs fans were saying. Its a whole new ballgame in the playoffs.

Did you look at the comment I was responding to? He was all gloom and doom, like usual, because the Bruins lost to TBL the last time they played him. I'm providing a different look. Obviously it's a whole new ball.

Reactions: wintersej

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
This article is just bad.

So much bad.

So much bad - agreed. Way too much talk about regular season. Who on earth had the Bruins rolling through the Leafs while the Bolts struggled with the mighty Devils?

Anyway, the Bruins exposed the Leafs defensemen in their own end during round one, like many expected. Gardiner and Rielly are elite when they have the puck and have made it past their own blueline, but are sorely vulnerable in their own end. Unfortunately Tampa is a little more better in this department, so IMO this tips the scales to Tampa in the series. They used to be vulnerable when Hedman was younger and he was surrounded by mediocrity, but not anymore. Between him, Stralman, McD...and what looks to me like a rejuvinated Girardi, the Bruins will have it tough. To me the fate of this series lies with how well the Tampa D-corps perform against the Bruins forecheck.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
'''

WHOEVER wrote this ^^^^^^ incredibly bad preview knows zero about the hockey, The NHL and/or basically anything from the looks of it.
"Ironically, the Lightning were thought to have the tougher first-round matchup, facing a Devils team that won all three meetings during the regular season. The Bruins were expected to roll past the Maple Leafs."

Since when were the Devils a tougher matchup than Toronto and WHO expected the Bruins to "roll past the Leafs?" The author needs to realize that the only thing that he knows about ice is at the bottom of his glass of Gin.... So bad, so dumb, so...........Tampa!

That is Tampa Bay media

Strangely I am not worried about this matchup at all as the Bruins usually play well at Amalie Arena and Tampa does not play well in Boston. The ice will be bad at TD next week with the forecast showing temps in the 80's but that will slow Tampa down.

I was concerned about playing Toronto - I do not have those concerns with Tampa. At worse Bruins in 6.

ViperGTS

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa doesn’t run those stretch pla...I mean...Tampa doesn’t run the Cherry Picker plays that Toronto does.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That is Tampa Bay media

Strangely I am not worried about this matchup at all as the Bruins usually play well at Amalie Arena and Tampa does not play well in Boston. The ice will be bad at TD next week with the forecast showing temps in the 80's but that will slow Tampa down.

I was concerned about playing Toronto - I do not have those concerns with Tampa. At worse Bruins in 6.

I picked B`s in 6 as well friend. While I certainly have "concerns" about the Bolts, I believe my concerns when facing them are one`s the B`s have shown they can overcome vs the Bolts where vs the Leafs, for whatever reason, they struggled to do.

I think the D of the Bolts can be exposed, yep, Hedman is a tremendous D-man but I think despite them picking up Mc D, that back end of theirs vs a deeper team like the B`s can be worn down.

The Bolts present similar challenges up front, loads of speed and skill but in the games I watched vs the Bolts, the B`s, outside of the last game where the Bolts were clearly the better team, the B`s frustrated them, they didn`t chase the Bolts around, forcing them to make plays. Once you start chasing them, your playing right into their hands.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I can see myself hating Kucherov before the end of the 1st period in this series, the guy has skill to burn but he`s a little pr*** when it comes to the post whistle stuff, a guy who`ll get in there, then race away when there`s pushback

Reactions: JCRO

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The view from Tampa Bay

View attachment 117237

A look at the Lightning-Bruins series

So it is the Bruins.

The big, bad Bruins.

The Bruins come to town Saturday for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinals with the Lightning, a best-of-seven series that begins with a 3 p.m. puck drop.

It is the second-round series nearly everyone predicted when the playoff seedings were set. Ironically, the Lightning were thought to have the tougher first-round matchup, facing a Devils team that won all three meetings during the regular season. The Bruins were expected to roll past the Maple Leafs.

Wrong.

Listen to the WDAE On Demand Episode - Hradek Talks Bolts-Bruins on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

Comedy gold!

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Tampa doesn’t run those stretch pla...I mean...Tampa doesn’t run the Cherry Picker plays that Toronto does.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tampa picks up on it since they saw what exposed the Bruins in round 1.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The Bolts present similar challenges up front, loads of speed and skill but in the games I watched vs the Bolts, the B`s, outside of the last game where the Bolts were clearly the better team, the B`s frustrated them, they didn`t chase the Bolts around, forcing them to make plays. Once you start chasing them, your playing right into their hands.

This is the key against the Bolts right here. You need to beat them to the puck everywhere, forecheck them hard, BUT if they gain the upper hand through the neutral zone and in the O zone, the B's cannot run around, because the Bolts passing and finishing is better than the Leafs. Keep them to the outside and protect the house.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Really hope the Bs can steal one in Tampa just to set the tone of the series early with their fans.

Deflate some big heads.

This isn't going to be an easy series for either team.

Reactions: TCL40

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Well to be fair, they just heard about hockey last year.

I was in Florida on vacation during the 2015 playoffs. Same time as the conference finals were going on. Tampa was playing the Rangers.

We couldn't even find a local channel playing the game. We had to stream it. I just thought it was funny/sad.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I admire all the confidence, but man their depth is dizzying.

Kunitz on line 4.
Killorn on line 3.
Their second line is most team's 1st.
Their 1st line is dangerous every shift and all world. It's also healthier than ours (after their quick series).

Their 3rd pairing is better than ours. Their second pairing is better than ours. Their first pairing is better than ours. And right now their goaltending is more reliable.

I don't really know where we have an edge outside of guys who've won before.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have no idea but I said B's in 6.

I hope they take one of the first two games.

I want to see how the B's look in game 1.

I want to see that B's swagger.

From the fans I want to see support for our boys. At the beginning of this season not many thought they would be in the playoffs let alone advancing to round #2. With all of the injuries and kids I am very proud of this team.

GO B'S !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ha!

There were no incidents. I've matured...and they have cooled down on the leaning.
Wed night we had some Leaf fans near us which is usually fine as they are good fans.

A guy and his 12 year old son (Leaf fans) sat in the row behind us (these seats are cursed after the fight I had last season). When Rene was singing our National anthem the kid was yelling "Go Leafs Go and the Bruins suck" I turned around and said that is not cool.

The father started shouting at me "your going to pick a fight with a 12 year old ?" So I just ignored him and was watching the game. The father started tapping me on my shoulder (very hard) so I finally turned around and he was flipping me off...his 12 year old thought he was funny and the dad told him "you can do whatever you want".

I said "I am not putting up with this " and spoke to the security guard who works behind he B's bench who called over his boss (whom I have known for years) The dad tried to make himself sound good but the guard said "Nope. This is your one and only warning ...next time you will be gone"

So in 17 years Congrats to this guy. He ruined the record of my all Leaf fans are cool. I still say most are.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
I have no idea but I said B's in 6.

I hope they take one of the first two games.

I want to see how the B's look in game 1.

I want to see that B's swagger.

From the fans I want to see support for our boys. At the beginning of this season not many thought they would be in the playoffs let alone advancing to round #2. With all of the injuries and kids I am very proud of this team.

GO B'S !
well said LF....support the bruins everyone including Rask.....I picked bruins in 7 against leafs and bruins in 7 against bolts....Lets Go Boston

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Is this a series that you try and give Donato another look? I mean game 1 you go with the team you rolled out for Game 7 vs TOR, but I feel like Donato would be ok vs a TBL team that he faced twice already this year. The big question is who sits for him (if he doesn't replace someone whose hurt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad