Who Will Win This Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
@Ladyfan , what happened with those seats last season? I must have missed it :P

That sucks about the kid and his dad, too many parents these days hover over their kids and don't give them any realistic consequences

Then they wonder why when they're kid is getting into trouble in some form or another as they get older.

Good on the security guard for seeing what was going on. You just don't do that during an anthem. Bottom line

Reactions: lopey

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
no they don't play the way...they play a lot more heavier game than the fallen leafs
I think our team is designed to defend and expose this type of team than the Hail Mary pass the Leafs make.

The key for both teams is they can’t mail it in for a period or two because they may end up in a hole that can’t climb out of.

This series is going to be a close one and stealing one of the first two Tampa home games would be huge.

This meeting is essentially the two best teams in the East.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You know, I just finished reading the GDT from last nights game. The stuff that was posted during the second period is easily some of the funniest stuff I've read on this board.....ever.

I love how in 24hrs we go from "Krug is useless", "We'll never win a cup with Rask", "Cassidy is being out coached", "This team has quit" etc.

to

"Bruins in 5"

This board is awesome.
I read through the last GDT last night and thought during the second period many were ready to jump off the bandwagon. A hug to all of those (like Scotto) who kept up a positive attitude.

I hope tomorrow's GDT is fun

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Wed night we had some Leaf fans near us which is usually fine as they are good fans.

A guy and his 12 year old son (Leaf fans) sat in the row behind us (these seats are cursed after the fight I had last season). When Rene was singing our National anthem the kid was yelling "Go Leafs Go and the Bruins suck" I turned around and said that is not cool.

The father started shouting at me "your going to pick a fight with a 12 year old ?" So I just ignored him and was watching the game. The father started tapping me on my shoulder (very hard) so I finally turned around and he was flipping me off...his 12 year old thought he was funny and the dad told him "you can do whatever you want".

I said "I am not putting up with this " and spoke to the security guard who works behind he B's bench who called over his boss (whom I have known for years) The dad tried to make himself sound good but the guard said "Nope. This is your one and only warning ...next time you will be gone"

So in 17 years Congrats to this guy. He ruined the record of my all Leaf fans are cool. I still say most are.

Sorry to hear that. I mean, is it that hard to not be a jerk? First of all, the anthem is about 2:36 long. All you have to do is stand there quietly, and then cheer. Never seemed that complicated to me, but every game I go to no matter where some yahoo has to scream something. Drives me nuts! And as for this guy and his kid, that's some A+ parenting right there. Cripes.... I've told my son over and over, you have a simple choice all day long, ask yourself "Should I act like a jerk, or not?" It's that simple. We can obviously tell which choice this guy took!

Good luck round 2 @Ladyfan , cheer loud for the boys and let 'em know we're with them!!!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That is Tampa Bay media

Strangely I am not worried about this matchup at all as the Bruins usually play well at Amalie Arena and Tampa does not play well in Boston. The ice will be bad at TD next week with the forecast showing temps in the 80's but that will slow Tampa down.

I was concerned about playing Toronto - I do not have those concerns with Tampa. At worse Bruins in 6.

Okay, I'm feeling a little more optimistic already Kevin. Thank You!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wed night we had some Leaf fans near us which is usually fine as they are good fans.

A guy and his 12 year old son (Leaf fans) sat in the row behind us (these seats are cursed after the fight I had last season). When Rene was singing our National anthem the kid was yelling "Go Leafs Go and the Bruins suck" I turned around and said that is not cool.

The father started shouting at me "your going to pick a fight with a 12 year old ?" So I just ignored him and was watching the game. The father started tapping me on my shoulder (very hard) so I finally turned around and he was flipping me off...his 12 year old thought he was funny and the dad told him "you can do whatever you want".

I said "I am not putting up with this " and spoke to the security guard who works behind he B's bench who called over his boss (whom I have known for years) The dad tried to make himself sound good but the guard said "Nope. This is your one and only warning ...next time you will be gone"

So in 17 years Congrats to this guy. He ruined the record of my all Leaf fans are cool. I still say most are.

Wow so you politely told the little squirt that it isn't cool to denigrate another nations national anthem and dad says that you're picking on a 12 year old? THEN he touches you, a woman like that? I'm not prone to violence (at 60 years old) as I was in my youth but if he did that to you in front of me I would have been thrown out too since I would've probably blown a gasket and latched onto dad in a most indelicate manner. What a POS he must've been to poke a woman like that. Nobody that I noticed here mentioned it but when the games were in Tronna I noticed that there was some booing etc from the crowd!?! Wondering if it's just me hearing what I want to because ANY other fanbase that ours is the enemy until after the boys put down their pathetic team!:naughty:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I read through the last GDT last night and thought during the second period many were ready to jump off the bandwagon. A hug to all of those (like Scotto) who kept up a positive attitude.

I still maintain had they played the third like they played the second they would be on the golf course. I was struggling to be positive-but I also knew the team had come back before and the deficit was just one goal. That resiliency has served them well this season and it’s one of those intangibles that often makes good teams win games.

I think the fact that our captains are the kind of guys who are humble about the individual stuff but are willing to run the hill one more time when the body wants to quit has made them persevere.

Love this team-love their attitude, their hunger, their drive and their heart.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I noticed something while re-watching the end of game 7. Tuukka's body language seemed to be a mix of relieved and very humble. He hung his head a lot, and his teammates seemed to be consoling him more than congratulating him. Makes me wonder if he recognizes that his team had to pull together and fill in for his shortcomings, and that they were lucky to have won. Makes me wonder if he will really focus on making adjustments to his game next series.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is this a series that you try and give Donato another look? I mean game 1 you go with the team you rolled out for Game 7 vs TOR, but I feel like Donato would be ok vs a TBL team that he faced twice already this year. The big question is who sits for him (if he doesn't replace someone whose hurt)

Hard to say. Every series is a new start, but right now the only option that I even see is Heinen. Even saying that, I don't think Heinen comes out. They benched him before for Wingels; not the greatest decision, and he comes back in G7 and scores a big goal. He also played well overall. 1st and 4th lines are two of our better lines right now and he isn't replacing anyone on the 2nd line; regardless of play.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
I noticed something while re-watching the end of game 7. Tuukka's body language seemed to be a mix of relieved and very humble. He hung his head a lot, and his teammates seemed to be consoling him more than congratulating him. Makes me wonder if he recognizes that his team had to pull together and fill in for his shortcomings, and that they were lucky to have won. Makes me wonder if he will really focus on making adjustments to his game next series.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Tuukka, even more that us fans realized that he let some go by over the 7 games that he could have gotten. If he's like every other goalie I've played with or coached, that's certainly the case. As hard as we are on them they are 10 times harder on themselves. So I bet he was relived that they stepped up and smoked the Leafs in the 3rd, and he will be 1,000% ready for game 1 Saturday. Of that I have no doubt in my mind.

Reactions: sooshii and Tmac37

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well then

Haha, well the report says that the NHL asked The Bruins to tell Marchand to stop licking people. So , I guess, that report is false because they didn't ask him directly. Or maybe nothing was said altogether, and Marchand is putting them on complete blast :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Haha, well the report says that the NHL asked The Bruins to tell Marchand to stop licking people. So , I guess, that report is false because they didn't ask him directly. Or maybe nothing was said altogether, and Marchand is putting them on complete blast :laugh:
Marchand is definitely putting them on blast. He wouldn't waste his time debunking this if it were even remotely true.

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
:laugh:
The view from Tampa Bay

View attachment 117237

A look at the Lightning-Bruins series

So it is the Bruins.

The big, bad Bruins.

The Bruins come to town Saturday for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinals with the Lightning, a best-of-seven series that begins with a 3 p.m. puck drop.

It is the second-round series nearly everyone predicted when the playoff seedings were set. Ironically, the Lightning were thought to have the tougher first-round matchup, facing a Devils team that won all three meetings during the regular season. The Bruins were expected to roll past the Maple Leafs.

Wrong.

Listen to the WDAE On Demand Episode - Hradek Talks Bolts-Bruins on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio
I love the "Mug shot" photos next to the article. Sorta gives you a feel for the area :laugh:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I feel like Marchand is going to explode offensively in this series. McAvoy should be a bit healed up and hopefully make an impact.

Hedman is a great player he will frustrate the Bruins top line. Hopefully they frustrate him too

Reactions: Ladyfan

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
Bolts in 6.

Unless Rask gets his game together.

I think the Bruins have looked mentally tired at times in the Leafs series, epitomised by Rask's poor play at times.

Also the Bolts have home advantage and have been resting up, while the Bruins are far from healthy.

I'm not confident for this series but I so hope that I am wrong!

Reactions: Strafer

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I'm one of the guilty one's -- will freely admit it. I was annngrrry and telling Butch to pull Rask. Turns out I know squat.

I simplY could not believe we couldn't buckle down and not give the game away. I started watching B's in 1970 when as a young boy we moved to the US and not sure I'd been more pissed than the other night (OK, too many men Habs debacle might have got under my skin a bit:naughty:).

I'm back though. Young Jake DeBrusk put me and the rest of the team on his shoulders and carried me through!!!!!:laugh:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Is this a series that you try and give Donato another look? I mean game 1 you go with the team you rolled out for Game 7 vs TOR, but I feel like Donato would be ok vs a TBL team that he faced twice already this year. The big question is who sits for him (if he doesn't replace someone whose hurt)
If Heinen plays a few like game 5 of last series id give him a look. I might be in the minority but I was happy with Heinen in every other game not just game 6 . There simply is zero point in putting Donato on line 4 so he either needs heinen to play bad or have an injury to the top 9 and get the call over wingels which is also a close call depending on who is being replaced.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Make this happ\]
That entire playoff run is etched in my memory forever.

I don’t think we have any sweeps this time around but I’ll take a Krejci hatty vs Tampa like 2011. Just hope this doesn’t happen again

Starts at 30 seconds

Krejci also had a full pane of plexi glass fall on his head.
That was frightening. Surprised he was not seriously injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad