ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah, you'd think so, right?

But what if... and just spitballing here... there's another pretty good team on the ice that also has a say?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
It’s funny how people think about things. Everybody has been talking about how Tampa choked, not how Columbus beat them.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
you know he won't get one. if oshie gets up it's not even a penalty. unlucky, nothing more.
Sorry but that is the worst hit in hockey. Because the player is in a vulnerable spot and he is hit from behind the hit doesnt have to be vicious for it to be dangerous.
He could have rode Oshie into the boards and everything would have been fine. Instead he chose to crosscheck him from behind. Very reckless and disrespectful play.
It shouldn't matter who hit who on a play like that. There is no way anyway should be condoning this hit or down playing it.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yeah, you'd think so, right?

But what if... and just spitballing here... there's another pretty good team on the ice that also has a say?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
It's not that Carolina has a bad team. Caps have two key injuries now and I think they are more beatable than ever.

But I just think they know what it takes (again, not saying Carolina doesn't know) and they have a better team. But there is some sort of inspiration that isn't there. They look slow and tired.

And Carolina looks the exact opposite. Fast and extremely inspired.

My point is that if the Caps turn it 'on', I think Carolina will lose. That's not to say that Carolina doesn't deserve a lot of praise and also props for their talent and team play.

Reactions: max21

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
The Canes player turned and braces for the hit. Oshie was hit from behind. That is how the hits are different. That said, the Oshie play wasn’t an egregious crosscheck and it was an unfortunate injury. A 2 min penalty? definitely. but No supplemental disciple or 5 min major.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It's not that Carolina has a bad team. Caps have two key injuries now and I think they are more beatable than ever.

But I just think they know what it takes (again, not saying Carolina doesn't know) and they have a better team. But there is some sort of inspiration that isn't there. They look slow and tired.

My point is that if the Caps turn it 'on', I think Carolina will lose. That's not to say that Carolina doesn't deserve a lot of praise and also props for their talent and team play.
I mean it's also possible that the Canes style is making it so the Caps can't turn it on.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

Experience and Ovi are what the Caps have over the Canes.
The Canes have a much stronger D core, faster and, at least in this series, better goaltending.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Chris4Canes

Apr 7, 2019
I feel bad for Oshie...As a Canes fan, he is the Caps player I have the most respect for. I wish him well in his recovery.
That being said...I feel heading into game 5 the Canes have all the momentum. I just hope players stop getting injured on both sides.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I mean it's also possible that the Canes style is making it so the Caps can't turn it on.
Dude we get it, the canes defense is shutting out the caps. It’s not something people are denying. The Caps have an offense that is super potent but the canes may shut them down completely, people are just giving their opinion. I’m definitely worried if Kuzy doesn’t get going or we don’t have any kind of secondary scoring. I’m not sleeping on the canes at all and definitely looking forward to the next couple of games.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
yeah, pretty much.

kinda like how ovie goaded a nineteen year old into his first nhl fight. yes we're mad, yes ovie is an *******, but at the end of the day, that's hockey. get over it.
haha..if ur in the nhl then act like it..dont be a fool and try to embarrass ovie..he was stupid and paid the price simple as that..he also wanted the fight

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Dude we get it, the canes defense is shutting out the caps. It’s not something people are denying. The Caps have an offense that is super potent but the canes may shut them down completely, people are just giving their opinion.
Dude, don't waste your time. I've tried explaining this but they think everything is a slight to them.

One area Carolina is clearly superior is coaching. Rod has owned Reirden so far.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Dude, don't waste your time. I've tried explaining this but they think everything is a slight to them.

One area Carolina is clearly superior is coaching. Rod has owned Reirden so far.
The next couple of games will really let us know what Reirden is made of or if letting Trotz go was a good idea, that’s a different debate though.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
People who say that Oshies injury was because of dirty hit or reckless or anything like that havent played hockey ever..
It was unfortunate but so Basic hockey that it hurts my eyes to read that there were a hit from behind.. We had more physical game as kids in school yard games.
it was an intentional push with cross check..what dont u understand .. it was not accidental . and yes I have played lots of hockey..Oshie is in a totally vulnerable position and u know it.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
haha..if ur in the nhl then act like it..dont be a fool and try to embarrass ovie..he was stupid and paid the price simple as that..he also wanted the fight
I noticed some the most vocal Canes fans (including him) were nowhere to be found until they evened the series. Funny coincidence. The rest of them I'll say I at least respect.

Reactions: Capitals40

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Seriously I give the Canes lots of credit..Out played Caps in games 1, 3, 4..and definitely could argue game 2..unless Caps get it together this is over in 6..I think we will see a different Caps team in game 5..I think. Whatever happens I've been a Caps fan since circa 1980 so I'm good since we won the Cup:)

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Seriously I give the Canes lots of credit..Out played Caps in games 1, 3, 4..and definitely could argue game 2..unless Caps get it together this is over in 6..I think we will see a differrent Caps team in game 5..I think. Wahtever happens I've been a Caps fan since circa 1980 so I'm good since we won the Cup:)
Agreed. I am in no way disrespecting what they have done. Most of us expected a tough series and we got it.

moneyline

Mar 21, 2016
it was an intentional push with cross check..what dont u understand .. it was not accidental . and yes I have played lots of hockey..Oshie is in a totally vulnerable position and u know it.

It's now your emotions that are talking. Crosscheck.... You know what cross checking is and how it feels in your lower back if you know what you are talking about. Cross checking gives you bruises, I'm pretty sure that Oshie didnt get bruise from that play. He was only very unfortunate.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
It's now your emotions that are talking. Crosscheck.... You know what cross checking is and how it feels in your lower back if you know what you are talking about. Cross checking gives you bruises, I'm pretty sure that Oshie didnt get bruise from that play. He was only very unfortunate.
ok we will just agree to disagree..Canes are kicking are butts right now is the only thing that matters..not sure Caps can turn this around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad