ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
That was a vegas meltdown and massive choke. Refs didn't decide the game. I haven't seen much talk of it yet personally but I wouldn't be surprised if fans of every team are blaming the refs. No. 3-0 lead in the 3rd with 10 minutes to play should absolutely be a win regardless of suffering a 5 minute major.

That's all on vegas players, not refs.. bad call or not. Choke, choke choke.

Didn't comment one way or the other as Vegas' blame for the loss.

My question was simply whether or not the role the refs played last night would effect the way tonight's game is called.

Here's hoping no one is talking about the refs tomorrow! [I know, I know - it's HF forums. Odds are one, or maybe even both teams fanbase may be complaining tomorrow about how the refs "screwed" them]

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
I think it was a brilliant move honestly and it'll set the tone for tonight's game. What he did was for his team, no one else and the refs aren't going to hamper a superstar for that.

Agreed. To answer my own question posed earlier, I think the refs are going to do all they can to be absolutely invisible tonight. Any sniff of retaliation against a league superstar is not a good way to hide in the shadows.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Agreed. To answer my own question posed earlier, I think the refs are going to do all they can to be absolutely invisible tonight. Any sniff of retaliation against a league superstar is not a good way to hide in the shadows.
Given how much better the Canes have been this entire series 5vs5 than on either the PP or PK, I am not sure that would benefit you as much as you would think

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Given how much better the Canes have been this entire series 5vs5 than on either the PP or PK, I am not sure that would benefit you as much as you would think

Canes have 9 players with 3+ points during 5v5 play this series. Foegele (5), Slavin (4), Aho (4), Williams (3), Teravainen (3), McGinn (3), Wallmark (3), Staal (3), and Faulk (3). Svechnikov (hopefully back tonight) has 2 goals in 2 GP.
Capitals have 2 players with 3+ points during 5v5 play in this series. Ovechkin (5) and Backstrom (5).

I hope there isn't a penalty to be seen.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013

If you read my post, I didn't say I thought it would be an advantage. Didn't comment that it would advantage or disadvantage either side. Don't disagree with you that Carolina has had the better of 5v5 play, but you're disputing something I never claimed.

Just questioned whether people thought the refs would call this game any differently after the VGK-Sharks game last night.

MikeFolignosHelmet

Fan of the game
Sponsor
Dec 24, 2018
Banner Elk, NC
A Caps fan friend of mine is convinced there is a conspiracy by the NHL office to advance the Canes in the playoffs to keep the Raleigh market alive. Maybe I'll wear a tin foil hat tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad