ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
This series should have been over in 5 games, tops. I simply cannot consider Washington to be a legit contender at this point, especially with the loss of Oshie.

I suspect that Washington will win this series, only to suffer defeat at the hands of Barry Trotz. They weren't willing to pay Trotz $$$ when they had the chance, so now they will pay with a second-round exit.

Barry Trotz just gave John Tavares reason to regret. Next, he'll give Brian MacLellan a reason to regret. Way to win Barry!

Last edited:
Reactions: Olliemets

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
giphy.gif

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Not gonna lie, nervous for tonight. I like what I have seen from Caps home games.. but that hasnt stopped Caps from losing game 7's before.
Have to stay up all night for this, probably wont be able to sleep before the game and most definately not afer the game.

Holtby need to have his best game tonight, Kuz needs to finally step up and Vrana.. plz?

Will be upset if they dont win ofc, but not bitter.. Canes have been a good team and got a bright future ahead of them.

Reactions: max21

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, the home team won both Game 7s last night (though the Sharks certainly made it interesting). We’ll see if tonight bucks that trend

Reactions: Tryamw

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This one is a toss up. Canes can win this one. Caps miss Oshie. We will see. But I would not be suprised if Canes win it. Head says Caps, gut says Canes.

Reactions: Olliemets

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This is one of those weird game 7s where there’s really no pressure on either of these teams. Caps won last year so there’s no more anxiety over that. The Canes are playing with house money anyway so there’s no pressure there. Should make for an entertaining game.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kuznetsov and Vrana need to have a major bounce back game if the Caps intend to move on. Kuz has 5 assists in the series but I honestly can’t recall any of them. He’s been virtually invisible. Vrana has a grand total of 0 points this series despite having a breakout season in a contract year. He seems to be trying to change his game and be more physical instead of using his greatest assets, his speed and wrist shot.

This game is definitely a toss up.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Welp, the bar has been set after that game last night. So, I’m pretty sure it’s reasonable and not too much to ask for a 5 goal comeback in the 3rd and 6 overtime’s and five penalty shots.

Nah, this series doesn't do that. It's less goal-scoring, more physical play and injuries. If you ask them to ramp it up, we're going to end up with a ritual sacrifice on the ice. And no one wants that.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
...Just like I said there was no chance last night the Leafs beat the Bruins, while I'm not as confident in it, I'm fairly confident there's no chance the Canes beat the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad